World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Umm what ..

WAR/SAM
    DRK/SAM

Both have a 3/5min 25% attack boost. WAR had DA, DRK has SE. And if your talking pure embrava / PD "zerg" then DRK/WAR has both Berserk and LR to go with their SE. WAR has aggressor but WAR also has less accuracy then DRK.

The only thing WAR has over DRK is MS / Savagery WC. MS can be done once per 2hr for insane numbers. Nice to have but I like to fight more then 1 NM per event day.
    On higher content you generally go drk/war while war always go /sam. I think this is enough to explain why war with GS is > to drk with GS.
    (0)

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Sampling stuff zzz boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    Would you like the entire video to count my hits and misses?
    /sigh not the point i'm making the point i'm making is sampling error

Basic example...
    i hit a mob once
    does i mean i have 100% acc ... no it means i have 1-100% acc as you take more hits the error becomes smaller and smaller.

In other words it's possible to have 94% hit rate w/ 92% hit rate meaning u proved nothing outside your hit rate is 90%+.

I'm sure you attack testing would prolly fall under the same errors

As for my gear choices the set i posted is by far the best u can do w/ a mathematical(may not be best in a real model cause of human error) model w/ 6 tick embrava but if you consider tact roll u can drop Stp gear for 7% more Da and considering i already said that and considering it's the highest(exculding dup grip) value of multi attack DRK can have it should be the best.

Ofc your sets did not even consider 6 hits so how the hell did your 7 hit sets beat the stuff i was talking about lol.

and let me remind you of this....

Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezeak View Post
    Ragnarok has a 14% Crit rate bonus @ 99
    This is where I stopped caring what you think, because you outted yourself as having no idea whats going on. No intelligent DRK would ever use scourge.
    Not even knowing the base stats on the weapon ur comparing against.

Not to mention u didn't even consider Souleater DMG in WS before this from ur old numbers so don't pretend u worked anything out before hand.

Long story short all i'm saying if you want to make a claim like WAR > DRK you need to

A) Do proper testing(500+ sample for each mob (LOL) and proper accurate math (nothing close to mine or yours so far) on top of that then you need to make sure your not making mistakes and the best way is to get someone to compare and caliculate error margins (incredibly difficult consideing even the equations we use are estimates)

or

B) you need to prove DRK is weaker by a good margin by like 7-10% which

and since A) is like ok get a life kinda of work and B) is defintly not true for either your pretty much stuck at saying there about equal or it's an opinion with no real grounds.

========================

Onwards...

Ragna DRK vs Ragna WAR

It's really tough to call imo

While in general pple w/ DRK and WAR parse higher on DRK w/ Ragna in my group.

But you will not kill the brex in mul w/out at least 2 tomahawks and may even need a 3rd so for that alone there more useful and ofc mighty strikes.

For the cookie cutter halls souleater seems more useful overall than mighty strikes since you can use it more than once and there's no need to reset between runs ofc you take 1-2 for Tomahawk and Fighters boost.

As far as i can tell 2 WARs for Tomahawk and 2 DRKs for Stun locking if needed the + 1 DD w/e you have that is the best (i think Mythic DRG is the best +1 DD but there so rare /drool) can kill any hall w/ the right surrport ^^.

ofc all my opinion.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rezeak; 09-02-2012 at 02:08 PM.
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

/sigh not the point i'm making the point i'm making is sampling error

Basic example...
    i hit a mob once
    does i mean i have 100% acc ... no it means i have 1-100% acc as you take more hits the error becomes smaller and smaller.

In other words it's possible to have 94% hit rate w/ 92% hit rate meaning u proved nothing outside your hit rate is 90%+.
    My ACC parsed at 95%, which is capped, if you remove the 2 misses from naked H2H, stop trying to say my acc was not capped when it clearly was.

As for my gear choices the set i posted is by far the best u can do w/ a mathematical(may not be best in a real model cause of human error) model w/ 6 tick embrava but if you consider tact roll u can drop Stp gear for 7% more Da and considering i already said that and considering it's the highest(exculding dup grip) value of multi attack DRK can have it should be the best.
    You're missing obvious things, like Valkyrie Breastplate. Same #of extra attacks, but gains what could be potentially useful attack instead of proven useless ACC. It also adds 3~ Base damage, which will be at least +1.5% damage during TP, since your fSTR is definitely not capped in your set and that will always push it ahead even if the attack isn't useful.

Ofc your sets did not even consider 6 hits so how the hell did your 7 hit sets beat the stuff i was talking about lol.
    Your set is every piece of double attack gear you can think of, with stp put in 2 slots you dont have DA items for. Any set with any amount of actual thought put into it can beat yours.

and let me remind you of this....

Not even knowing the base stats on the weapon ur comparing against.
    I thought he was talking about the aftermath effect for a minute, not exactly a big deal since the aftermath is ALSO critical hit rate.

Not to mention u didn't even consider Souleater DMG in WS before this from ur old numbers so don't pretend u worked anything out before hand.
    Because quality DRKs dont spam souleater like it's going out of fashion.

Long story short all i'm saying if you want to make a claim like WAR > DRK you need to...
    Find a DRK with a clue to tell me what the best gear sets are? Ya, I totally agree. But hey, I have been putting effort into figuring this out on my own recently since every DRK out there seems to be clueless.

Onwards...

Ragna DRK vs Ragna WAR

It's really tough to call imo
    WAR has Tomahawk and Mighty Strikes, and since this discussion is only about Mul T2+, both of things matter way more than they should. WAR is better.
    (0)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Acc- sampling error

gear- Enif + Calmecac Trousers (ur point is correct but can use those for better results in high acc/atk)

Spamming SE - Some chambers it makes no odds other chambers you time it in combination w/ pulls so there's less down time for the tougher mobs.

DRK with a clue - loads on FFXIAH maybe if you made like 1 post or read the DRK tp and WS discussions and were a little more open minded and didn't make statements you can't prove u may get somewhere.

Mul- Thats my groups choice over all Ragna users have WAR and DRK we find 2 WARs + 2 DRKs + 1 WAR or DRK(for stuns and roll) is out better setup.
    Outside Mul- we DRK X 4 WAR X 1 cause it always get further for us.

Little more info on how we do mul
    WAVE 1 we do PDless except the skele.
    WAVE 2 we do PD on all but IG (use CS stun + arcane circle)
    WAVE 3 PD ig-alma and if we have PD left we try B.rex

To stay alive on mob we have 3 layers of stuns
    Layer 1 SMNs
    Layer 2 SCH and RDM (Focusing on tp moves)
    Layer 3 2-3 DRKs rotating for tp moves as well.

Baasically the drks back up the mages for stuns and it increases our survivabilty alot and yea if we didn't rely so much on the stuns and the fact our DRKs do better than WARs dmg wise we'd prolly be WAR X 4 DRK x 1.

I think i write this every post lol... I haven't ever said WAR > DRK is not true lol I'm just saying you w/out real proof like a very detailed mathematical model or clear difference between the jobs saying anything but WAR and DRK are on the same level is just being close minded.

Either way I've wasted enough time on this if ya want gear sets or w/e i can do them outside if that the point that u can't prove WAR > DRK hasn't changed since the start so it feels wasteful of my time to talk about it anymore.
    (2)
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Character
    Kurdtray
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Is anyone even reading what wish and rezeak have to say anymore? I think you both have lost seeing as no one cares
    (2)

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Feel free to ignore me i was only posting out of my own interest in discussing things w/ wish which is the point of a forum lol plus i enjoy playing w/maths every so often(yes i'm werid :X).
    As for winning and losing if ya care about winning and losing on an online forum about 2 fictional jobs in an online game then well you may need to relax a little .

PS you cared enough to post ^^.
    (3)

I was using this forum as a 'guide to legion' thread lol.
    (1)

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11