Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    If you watch my Legion videos you can clearly see my WAR rocks a 2 or 3 hit inside Legion, DRKs gonna be 3-4.
    So we've gone from I've done the maths and WAR > DRK to just eyeballing it and saying cause i played w/ a DRK, WAR > DRK .... come on.

Tho from what I've worked out

DRK and WAR WS dmg is roughly the same
    DRK WSes faster
    DRK deals roughly about equal white dmg

so either I've done something wrong in the math (it's all provided) or i'm missing something massive on WAR

Also w/ your model of Legion the one were attack and acc are always capped

It is Possible for DRK to 5 hit /SAM which when worked out makes DRK > WAR by a decent margin. (note i only /WAR cause it's stronger cause i still notice the attack from berserk)

Either way all i'll say is this....

You came in here going on about WAR > DRK before you did the maths (since u didn't know DRK could 6 hit and didn't know it's WS set)
    Then complained when someone said there on the same lvl lol.

Like i said i'm happy if ya want to try and prove it within a reasonable % but until then all you've really proved is that you can outparse the DRK that does legion w/ you which doesn't mean much.
    (1)
    Last edited by Rezeak; 08-28-2012 at 05:32 PM.
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    If you watch my Legion videos you can clearly see my WAR rocks a 2 or 3 hit inside Legion, DRKs gonna be 3-4.

3-4 with a lower delay weapon and 80% reduction...when needed DRK has far superior ACC and gear flexibility while maintaining capped delay.

Kaerin will have a Rag soon and then she can hop off of Ukon's cock.
    (2)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Quote Originally Posted by Rezeak View Post
    So we've gone from I've done the maths and WAR > DRK to just eyeballing it and saying cause i played w/ a DRK, WAR > DRK .... come on.
    That was me telling you in the most polite notcombative way I can that I no longer care, and that you're wrong at the same time while also providing proof that youre wrong by telling you to watch the videos of Legion I streamed/watch it when I stream it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taint2 View Post
    3-4 with a lower delay weapon and 80% reduction...when needed DRK has far superior ACC and gear flexibility while maintaining capped delay.
    Dont need more ACC than the basic Ukon ACC set, so being able to have more of it doesnt matter. Thats like bragging that my WAR can hit 35% gear haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Taint2 View Post
    Kaerin will have a Rag soon and then she can hop off of Ukon's cock.
    I was thinking of making a Ragnarok for my DRK to give myself some job versatility over WAR, NIN, Treasure Hunter 7, on my melee mule, but there's other people in my LS buying coins right now, so to avoid driving up the prices I will wait a bit. But you're right, I will make a Ragnarok soonish, its pretty cheap after all. Unfortunately that doesnt change the fact that WAR is still the superior job, and Ragnarok is only the best weapon for it in Mul.
    (0)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Except you really haven't proven much except the ukkos is maybe 2% stronger which it well inside there error of your calculations.

Thing is you get so gun hoe about DMG you forget to talk about then important stuff on WAR like Tomahawk and mighty strike that alone makes taking 2 WARs into Mul vital if you need to kill the B.Rex admittally WAR kinda needs to use a Ragna without 2 wars i think b.rex is impossible.

Outside of mul

On the normal runs we prefer DRKs mainly cause it's definitively the strongest pdless job since you stack alot more pdt/mdt with gear all while you keep haste caped then you have stun and yea DRKs rotating stuns for tp moves it prolly a million times better than 2% more ukkos dmg cause ya rotated bloodrage.

Also watching a video will prove war is the best ! ? that certainly is eyeballing at it's finest maybe i'll post a video of a full perle tp/wsing in it too warrior w/ 85 ukon vs my 95 ragna drk and just be like BRO DRK IS THE BESTEST BECAUSE OF THIS VIDEO!!!!

Btw your the one that started this you wanted to prove WAR was better w/ math while all the time insulting but to your credit you did finally give a semi accurate calculation for WAR and DRK ws dmg which wasn't that big of a difference to prove anything but least you were being fair and that's why i posted gear set and was actually trying to help you correctly calulate everything by giving you gear sets and explain how i play legion ect...

Anyway lets just say this

I say DRK and WAR are on the same level of DMG proved by my rough calculations and your calculations and so many parses which means it's what else the jobs bring to the table that defines there usefulness

w/ DRK you have COR roll(10% attack) Stun, Souleater and Arcane circle and a much more survivable job cause of the abilt to stack more pdt/mdt than any other job while keeping haste capped.
    w/ WAR you have COR roll(+?% DA) Tomahawk, Mighty strikes, Blood rage/Warcry

at the end of the day you need Tomahawk on some halls and the COR roll from DRK and arcane circle helps DMG alot on some halls (3/5 halls have arcana mobs)

Then you have the Mighty strikes vs Souleater thing

In Normal waves Souleater is better imo not cause of more DMG but the fact you can use it on the strongest mob of a wave for every wave (basically increasing your dmg when it's important) (tho some of the time souleater isn't even needed)

Mighty strikes is superior over Souleater for stuff like B.Rex/Ig Alma cause there reallly tough and you need as much DMG as you can get on those

Either way you need both and the DMG difference between the 2 jobs is not that big of a deal and when you come to the DD+1 thing it's dumb to choose a WAR over DRK cause of blood rage cause playerskill/gear is definitely a much bigger factor.

Then you say WAR is the best all of the time cause .... you have legion videos or that you outparse a DRK in your shell .... yea ok.

Either way i'm guessing you see the reason i went with the WAR = DRK thing cause it's a much much easier point to prove yours on the other hand i believe is impossible not cause WAR may have the advatage math side but a math model != real game so the error variance means u'd prolly need to mathmatically prove WAR > DRK by a good 10% which from what i've seen isn't possible unless you want to ignore certian things (which would make it inaccarate agian)
    (0)
    Last edited by Rezeak; 08-30-2012 at 09:48 AM.
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Then you say WAR is the best all of the time cause .... you have legion videos or that you outparse a DRK in your shell .... yea ok.
    Quick Corrections here.

*My LS doesn't have a dark knight. We borrowed one for our last Mul, and maybe you watched that video and saw him and thats why you think that. I never posted a parse as proof WAR is best, or said to watch a video that proves it, because thats a ridiculous idea. I said to watch the video so you could see that I don't require 5 attack rounds to hit 100TP, its 2 or 3. Thats the only thing I wanted to tell you to watch the video for, sorry if you misunderstood.
    (0)

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    If war gets 5 hit the same way drk gets a 5 hit (possible w/ 2nd cor doing tacticians but DRK can stack another 7% DA then)

5 hit WAR = (0.2125*482*4)/1.48 = 276 Delay per WS
    6 Hit DRK = (0.2*431*5)/1.62 = 266 Delay per WS

1.48 is the multi attack rate for WAR
    1.62 is the multi attack rate for DRK (it's 1.55 w/ the gear i posted but w/ Tacticians you don;t need the Stp any more so u can put in 7% more in)

So yea WAR is still not spamming out those WSes any faster than DRK is.

Also 5 hit is less reliable than a 6 hit when ur relying on regain since you may get those 4 hits off faster than you can get the 2 ticks required.

You told us you use a DRK for chaos rolls that's why i presumed you used it
    (0)

You told us you use a DRK for chaos rolls that's why i presumed you used it
    We had a DRK when we started, but he got tired and quit showing up. Probably because he was EU and found other stuff to do, like sleep. We now have a DRK we sorta bring who isn't in our LS, but there was a long time there we didnt have a DRK at all, lol. And seriously, your DRK set is wack, WAR has more DA than you think, You're forgetting WAR AF3+2 set procs, blah blah blah blah.

Did I mention how much I dont care since Mul T2+ mobs have a -crit trait or something? Continued claims by you are just going to make me prove you wrong, show why your set is stupid, laugh at you, etc. Stop while you're ahead and I'm being lazy.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    If there is anything this thread has taught us (other then don't get into a troll debate with wish), it's that WAR and DRK are both fully capable DD's that largely have the same damage potential. Reaching that potential is up to the player and the various situations we find ourselves in.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    3 pieces of WAR af+2 adds like 1-2% to your overall DMG at most so yea it's not something that makes WAR the best DD in the game lol.

As for would i be an idiot if you proved me wrong well considering all i said was DRK and WAR were on the same level backed up by the rough math and experience I've had which is a true statement even if WAR >>>>>>>>>>>>> DRK cause like i said i can't make a perfect mathematical model nor do i believe it's possible so /shrug.Anyway all my data is above and i'm happy for anyone to correct or do w/e to it.

Were as you came along w/ all the claims of WAR > DRK w/ all the claims that it can be proved with maths implying you worked it all out but no you didn't even touch the math before you made your claims meaning those claim u made were pretty much purly from u eyeballing/parsing against some /random DRK.

You still haven't proved attack / acc are capped full time on WAR

For example your mul data.

154hits 10misses = 93.9% acc

Standard error is Standard Dev / sqrt(no of hits)
    0.23457/12.8 = 0.0183

So basically u have proved you are @ 92%-95% acc not that ur at capped acc not to mention the error levels are higher than that cause for each mob there different hit rates.
    (1)

Standard error is Standard Dev / sqrt(no of hits)
    0.23457/12.8 = 0.0183

So basically u have proved you are @ 92%-95% acc not that ur at capped acc not to mention the error levels are higher than that cause for each mob there different hit rates.
    Or, if my ACC was actually capped, 95%, it would show up as 93%-97%.

Feint for the more evasive mobs, Impact for the really crappy ones.

My acc is 154/10 because I missed 2 hits due to naked H2H, and it was still 94%. Remove those two misses and it's 95%. I told you to watch the Legion video related to the parse, if you did you would of caught it and I would not have needed to make this 5 second edit of the video:
    http://youtu.be/lSsaz0SSRbE <Click this, now stop acting like I didn't have capped ACC.

3 pieces of WAR af+2 adds like 1-2% to your overall DMG at most so yea it's not something that makes WAR the best DD in the game lol.
    In a game of winning by a small amount +2% is pretty big.

As for would i be an idiot if you proved me wrong well considering all i said was DRK and WAR were on the same level backed up by the rough math and experience I've had which is a true statement even if WAR >>>>>>>>>>>>> DRK cause like i said i can't make a perfect mathematical model nor do i believe it's possible so /shrug.Anyway all my data is above and i'm happy for anyone to correct or do w/e to it.

Were as you came along w/ all the claims of WAR > DRK w/ all the claims that it can be proved with maths implying you worked it all out but no you didn't even touch the math before you made your claims meaning those claim u made were pretty much purly from u eyeballing/parsing against some /random DRK.
    I worked it out using the gear sets I thought of as "what you should be using." Your gear set is worse than the assumed one I one I made, which I know can't be right since I put very little effort or thought into it, and then with the -crit trait or whatever it is, I stopped caring. I'm only here to prove the things you say are wrong at this point.

You still haven't proved attack / acc are capped full time on WAR
    Would you like the entire video to count my hits and misses?

All I did was check 1400~ attack compared to 1600~ compared to 1700~ in weaker chambers, and got the same average damage per hit on 1600~ and 1700~, lower on 1400~ so I assume somewhere around 1600~ will be capped. Which means mobs would have like 700 Defense, which makes sense to me. I didn't do an indepth study or anything to determine the real defense values of every mob. I just made observations based on collected data. Which is why I never gave absolutes in terms of attack, pDIF, etc, just gave values based on my observations and what I think they are. And also why I said this:
    and since no one really knows how much attack you need for these mobs, continuing this discussion is pointless.
    (0)

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast