Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystal View Post
    As much as I'd love to agree with you on most of what you said, we pale in comparison to blm and whm do to their OP spells and abilities.
    As you should. SCH is both jobs at once, and therefore should not excel the same as the two specialized classes. A SCH can heal better than a Black Mage, and nuke better than a White Mage. Also, Neo-Nyzul pretty much demands good Scholars in order to function. They're far from useless.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Sch shouldn't be wanted for a SINGLE SPELL, that in itself points out the big problem with sch. Unless they want them for that single spell, they don't want them. that's why sch needs fixed

Lol a lot of jobs isn't wanted with 100 spells/JA/WS etc, and SCH is wanted but you're still not happy? XDDDDDD

Besides embrava, SCH alacrity stun is extremely useful for many EG event, 3 SCH alacrity stun in legion makes it so easy. You need 2 SCH for nyzul, 3 SCH for legion and at least one for Prov, such a demanding job and why ppl still not happy with it XDDDDDD
    (6)

in abby
    This said it all for me
    (4)

Character
    Clairefeld
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    As stated in many previous threads Scholar has a few abilities that have no use what-so-ever in abby.

Spells: Embrava and Kaustra, Extremely powerful, almost over powered, the biggest issue with this however is they are only useful when under sch two hour effect, thus they are useful for about 2-3mins and then are absolutely useless for two hours.
    only 2-3 minutes? last i check it can last for upto 12 minutes and 30 seconds and can be recasted before the 3 minutes on tabula is up for about 15 minutes of usefulness and in abyssea build azure and let them get them ISL boxes for constant embrava. You just blew my mind posting such a thread.
    (5)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    RDM-Refresh? WHM-Cure V/VI?

-Adoloquiem is amazing for fights.
    -The ability to AoE ailments across alliances without Yagrush is pretty sweet, WHM/SCH could do it too, if they opt to use that sub but only once every 2 minutes.
    -Boost BLM and COR damage/Accuracy with Storms/Klimaforms.
    -Unparalleled DoT spell damage between MP conservation and Ebullience and raw dot/tick damage from Bio2/Kaustra/Helices.
    -Only job that can AoE cure across parties.
    -Phalanxga
    -Regen V AoE is ridiculous healing over time. It freakin heals 3.5k in the span of its duration with Perpetuance for a little over 100 mp.
    -Animus Mineo is actually useful in long fights like Odin.
    -Embrava. Probably in the top 3 best 2hrs along with Astral Flow and Wild Card.
    -Regen V with Tabula Rasa+Embrava heals everyone 3500HP PER MINUTE.

-Adloquium is retardedly weak
    -If you dont have a whm/healer in every DD party then you're doing it wrong (unless you're PDing)
    -no one cares about BLM, and WHM can firestorm the COR if needed
    -On anything worth fighting, helixes do crap damage. MV doesnt work either. Most bosses are strong to magic damage/ dark damage anyway so kaustra has limited utility. I think the only time I got a good kaustra it was magic bursted on prov watcher for like 800 dmg
    -This is a useful feature, but really if you're taking that much aoe damage and your whms can't handle it you should be using PD
    -useless
    -best used on a super tanking pld or something so you can set it and forget it (tm)
    -no it isnt
    -yep
    -embrava is usually good enough, but might as well

If you're talking about easy shit sch is pretty damn good, but in legion for example All i do is embrava and babysit the ochain PLD. And while the /BLM stun lock idea seems to work for JPs, it was less than stellar in our run last night. Hopefully with practice it'll get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezeak View Post
    SCH is the best Healing over time job
    SCH is the most mp effiecent nuker in the game
    SCH has the strongest 2hr in the game

If you think SCH is broken ur either a troll or you need to learn to play SCH better.

SCH has some useless stuff but so does every other job in the game get over it
    PD
    No one cares about nuking
    Ronco (tm)

I dont think SCH is defective, but It's nowhere near as game breaking as people make it out to be. Embrava is powerful but theres no reason not to bring a mule for it.

Some things are useless because we grow out of them (blizzard 1 vs blizzard5 for example) and some things were designed to be useless (adloquium/libra/animus). We should fix the latter category.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Sch shouldn't be wanted for a SINGLE SPELL, that in itself points out the big problem with sch. Unless they want them for that single spell, they don't want them. that's why sch needs fixed
    RDM from 2003 to 2008 says Hi
    (9)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I agree with Krystal, SCH really isn't that desired outside of Abyssea or Void Watch, and if it is used its because its a small get together group that generally doesn't give a flying f*ck at a rolling donut as long as it "cures". SCH can't keep up with the cure rates of WHM, and I'm ok with SCH's nuke ability with BLM (Try Skillchaining your Magic, it'll blow your mind). Modus Veritas is a joke now a days, and if you say differ you obviously don't take SCH seriously, don't play it, or generally suck at it/never use it. The thing barely EVER sticks, and when it does good luck trying to get more SCH's to land on it. Also what pisses me off EVEN MORE about this ability, is that its based off of virtually no stat/skill/etc. as to the accuracy of the ability. Its literally chance and that makes for shitty game mechanics. If you're going to make the accuracy low, at least let us have a stat that boosts its accuracy (Quickdraw to Magic Attack for instance). OR HERE IS AN EVEN BETTER IDEA!

Instead of being f*cking morons on SCH's ability to spam Modus Veritas and down JoL Do This!
    Make the ability party exclusive, so if a SCH from the party uses it only SCH's in the party can stack on top of it, this way its confined to a max of 6 people using modus (or hell if you want make it a max of 3 people if you so please). Also if you want to say "Well what if every party had all SCHs and they did the same thing it wouldn't solve anything!" Here is an EVEN MORE genius idea! Make it so that if anyone else casts it, it will erase the previous modus/helix. So if Party A Casts a Helix and does 3 Modus, and Party B casts a Helix (different or same) and does 1 modus verities, you will have only Party B's Helix with x1 Modus active, the previous being overwritten.

Also No one cares about this "healing over time" garbage, thats great, but too bad that like 10 tic or even 20 tics, won't give you back the health right away that will save some asses when an Abyssea mob gets off a lucky TP move and puts a character in red and you have about 5 seconds to save his ass.... Go ahead and slap a regen on him and:

A. Get a big "WTF ARE YOU DOING MORON!"
    B. Watch as your tank gets face raped 10x to Sunday

Cure V is needed, I've seen groups and people rather disband parties or cancel runs, because they have a SCH for heals.

(Granted SCH/BLM vs Briareus = Win!)

And I agree, SCH shouldn't be equal to WHM or BLM, HOWEVER! It should be able to facilitate the roles of those two jobs WELL when they are not available to a group. As of right now, the only job SCH can do "well" is BLM, yet on the WHM side, we're using a 55 Spell at 99, just think about how ridiculous that is to use a curing spell that maybe cured decent at 75.... at 99, then get back to me.
    (0)
    Last edited by Scuro; 07-30-2012 at 06:23 AM.

99 BLU,PLD,SCH,RNG,NIN,BST,SMN,THF,BLM,WHM... Any questions..?

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Oh, that old chestnut.

We need Cure V to be good, wah!

Cure IV is crazy over-powered for SCH, and SCH can EASILY heal in "Abyssea" they wont be chosen because of the procs, not curing ability.

SCH doesn't need Cure V
    Yes it's annoying to still not have a new spell since such a low level, but whatever!

ModusVeritas is crap, but it was SCH's fault for abusing it and we all know how petty SE is, the only fix needed is to put accuracy back to 100% and limit the increase to ONE person.

Player One: Helix
    Player One: Modus Veritas (lands)
    Player Two: Modus Veritas (no effect)

SCH is supposed to be a "battle tactician" so SE need to focus on that, not trying to steal other jobs roles.

PS 1. Regen V assists Cure IV, if you don't know that then simply: Wow!

PS 2: You mean SCH isn't desired outside of Abyssea, Voidwatch, Nyzul Isle and Legion, (probably neoSalvage too) you know the current endgame, whether for one spell or not, big woop, worked for RDM (Refresh) for so many years. Be grateful for that.
    (5)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 07-30-2012 at 06:45 AM.

Character
    Alistaire
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    This thread is amazingly out of touch with how the game is.
    (6)

Winner of the most clueless post of 2012.

SCH useless... That's new, I play it daily and people even send me /tell's to get in their groups.
    (6)
    Behemothx - Leviathan
    WAR - DNC - BLM - SMN - THF - WHM - SCH - BLU - RDM - BRD - BST - COR

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast