And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    More bumps for some attention from the Devs.
    Thanks!
    (1)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    another bump for attention from the Devs
    (1)
    Try to have fun or it isn't worth playing

Character
    Carebear
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Bumpty-bump. Rawr~!
    (3)

Character
    Traxus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The annoying thing about using third party drivers like XBCD is, a lot of modern games have direct/automatic support for the default xbox 360 pad drivers. Meaning, you plug it in, and it's automatically configured and works right away. When you're using the third party drivers as a round about way of playing FFXI, you miss out on this, and you end up having to make further workarounds to play your other games properly, or frequently swap drivers.

So yeah, it would be nice if the triggers worked properly in FFXI in the first place, without having to deal with any of that nonsense.
    (2)

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxus View Post
    The annoying thing about using third party drivers like XBCD is, a lot of modern games have direct/automatic support for the default xbox 360 pad drivers. Meaning, you plug it in, and it's automatically configured and works right away. When you're using the third party drivers as a round about way of playing FFXI, you miss out on this, and you end up having to make further workarounds to play your other games properly, or frequently swap drivers.

So yeah, it would be nice if the triggers worked properly in FFXI in the first place, without having to deal with any of that nonsense.
    true but we don't expect them to auto configure it, just to give us native xinput support as an option, I'm okay with configuring the buttons myself, its not like I haven't done it several times already
    (0)

Character
    Roehgaez
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 4
    Windows 8 has an automatic signed driver feature that won't let you install 3rd party drivers for the 360 gamepad unless you disable UAC. And if I disable UAC I can't use Windows 8 metro interface, and that's not a loss I'm willing to take. I hope SE adds trigger support for the 360 gamepad at least.
    (0)

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by odericko View Post
    Windows 8 has an automatic signed driver feature that won't let you install 3rd party drivers for the 360 gamepad unless you disable UAC. And if I disable UAC I can't use Windows 8 metro interface, and that's not a loss I'm willing to take. I hope SE adds trigger support for the 360 gamepad at least.
    seriously? if you disable UAC it disables metro? that's ridiculous, at first when MS went ahead and released windows 8 I thought they lost their marbles, but this tells me they really did
    (0)
    Last edited by wildsprite; 01-13-2013 at 03:20 PM.

Character
    Traxus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by wildsprite View Post
    true but we don't expect them to auto configure it, just to give us native xinput support as an option, I'm okay with configuring the buttons myself, its not like I haven't done it several times already
    I'm not saying FFXI should autoconfigure the buttons. I'm just agreeing FFXI should support the triggers while using the official drivers, since using third party drivers such as the XBCD ones create additional problems in other games, that would normally work fine with the MS drivers.
    (0)

Character
    Voltorb
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by odericko View Post
    Currently I am using Windows 8 x64 with Masahiko Morii's drivers. I was trying to read through your posts in this thread but it appears you haven't been able to get it working properly. Please update me if I am mistaken.

I do not use the Metro Interface (but I can access it through the start menu, using Classic Start, and I have access to Metro. I do not recall the exact steps I did but let me outline it if I were to perform this setup again:
    - Install Classic Start
    - Disable UAC
    - Install Masahiko Morii Drivers
    - Then google: Disable Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows 8 (should be 1st link with instructions) [This may be the only step you need actually, though I am not 100% sure.]

I wrote a .bat script instead to bring me to the option instead of going through all those steps to boot into Advanced Startup. Just write it in notepad and save it as .bat and double click on the file: shutdown -o -r -t 0

Not sure if this is what you're looking for. I would not play this game unless I have Masahiko's drivers...searched all over to find his drivers again after I came back from a 4 year break. This game is far more responsive with a controller, it's like night and day. Accessing menus, macros, selecting targets is far more responsive on a gamepad than a keyboard.
    (0)
    Last edited by Voltorb; 01-20-2013 at 12:28 AM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast