Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Dsriker
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Bastion is a pain

can we get some changes to bastion. no one does it anymore so when i need points for pants its such a pain due to the defences always being so low the battles last like 2 seconds the mobs always go right for the martello and you can't really solo it easily ; (
    (3)

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsriker View Post
    can we get some changes to bastion. no one does it anymore so when i need points for pants its such a pain due to the defences always being so low the battles last like 2 seconds the mobs always go right for the martello and you can't really solo it easily ; (
    Just kill the gear mobs as quickly as possible via Blizzaja and Thundaja = Easy mode
    (0)

Character
    Phraust
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I SCH, Embrava the NPCs, and Kaustra the mobs en mass and kite em all with fanatics on.

Anyway you cut it, just AoE'ing the mobs and kiting w/fanatics is usually enough to get a mess of points; the trick is literally just to keep them away form the martello.

Though I agree however, the martello could at the least start with a little more HP than 3%...
    (3)
    If you don't understand why Haste is so important, or if you don't think it is:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/1847-Haste-and-You...-A-guide-to-the-misinformed.

Player
    It should always start with at least 10% or you should be able to cure it. It is possible to cast Protect & Shell on it but no other buffs or cures, which could potentially fix it to be fair.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    I SCH, Embrava the NPCs, and Kaustra the mobs en mass and kite em all with fanatics on.

Anyway you cut it, just AoE'ing the mobs and kiting w/fanatics is usually enough to get a mess of points; the trick is literally just to keep them away form the martello.

Though I agree however, the martello could at the least start with a little more HP than 3%...
    Shouldn't even need a Fantatics, I do it with RDM whenever I need points just put two regen atma on, probably wouldn't even need that with Regen V with SCH.
    (0)

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I did it a lot as a pet -pdt BST, meeting the mobs out beyond the range the defending NPCs will aggro them. It's not a 100% chance of victory, but you can definitely take out some of them or even stop the entire wave yourself. I prefer to use Sashra for it, saving up TP ahead of time so after the mobs pile up on me I can whisker them to get the pet tanking everything and then work from there.
    (0)

Your on SMN...shouldn't have any trouble keeping them away from the martello with Ramuh. I've soloed waves on SMN in Vunkerl, two back to backs with just a BLM assisting. Soloed Mis on NIN before...just spammed nin magic to keep pulling the mobs to me as they came in. It' not to hard once you form a plan to keep them away from the martello in the first place.

Run the op to put up/strengthen the wards/martello--even if they take the wards out, it slows them down and creates a breif choke point so you can grab their attention easier. The op is a fast one in Vunkerl, especially if you use fleet wind--flux over right near the box, cram the sack and flux back. Get pennant and run to the martello as early as you can so you can put up SMN buffs and pass out prot/shell to the martello, NPC's, and wards. Move out and stun/thunderspark them early to draw them from the martello--keep spamming the AOE's if you like, or you can go for the kill shots one by one with Chaotic Strike. Don't forget to pass out some cures to the NPC's too.

Vunkerl is real easy (at least on my server)...seems to be people doing it often--the round structure nearby is great for kiting the mass of mobs away from the martello and all. See people doing Mis. Coast too on occasion, but Attowha is highly neglected, probly because of how the landscape mucks up the NPC positioning and such.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    In between waves do the quick OP quest to give yourself time. Even at low HP% the warding shields give you enough time to start aoe spamming them.

Yeah SMN's, SCH's and BLMs own this event so hard. BLU can also destroy half the mobs on a good day.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Waldrich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm sorry but Bastion totally suck, I'm supposed to shout or bug friends to do a simple SUCKED points farm to buy legs... and the wrost part of it is... you guys want me to level up a certain job (skill up and gear up properly this job) only to be able to effectively farm those SUCKED POINTS? REALLY? is that fun? ; ; I'm sorry but I don't know when you guys lost fun sense...
    (0)

Player
    So far as I know Twilight/Daybreak Souls can be traded/bazaared so you could use them as a way to get people to help as they could use the points they get to sell them off and all that. Other than that not much I can say other than I agree it should be changed.
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast