Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 182
  1. #11
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San d'Oria
    Posts
    148
    Buy "removing these bugs", you mean the lamps, right?
    (14)

  2. #12
    Player Malthar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    674
    Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Camate, people "using third-party tools or any form of game exploit" is not the problem. It's a symptom of the problem. If the order lamps were removed this would solve the problem for all players. The code and same time lamps are not bad, but the order lamps have got to go.

    And if you want to know who is "using third-party tools or any form of game exploit" just look at who has F100 gear because I can 100% guarantee nobody got that gear without cheating.
    (24)

  3. #13
    Player Heabea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    18
    Character
    Heabea
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    just make all the lamps everyone touch one or all at the same time, it wastes so much time with order. anyways from what i heard no one is using 3rd party programs unless using copy and paste that comes with windows to switch the dats around is a 3rd party program, then fuck it, everyone uses a 3rd party program
    (9)

  4. #14
    Player Cahlum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    62
    Character
    Cahlum
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    SE you are yet again oblivious to why people are using these lamp dats in the first place and it is because it is near impossible to win without. Remove the lamp order and all will be well.
    (12)

  5. #15
    Player Camiie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    1,495
    Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Took long enough, only been mentioned in EVERY Nyzul Isle thread.


    Least then they may look into fixing it properly.
    This is what I was trying to tell the people on the Alla forums, but all they could do was spout a bunch of stick-it-to-The-Man-for-holding-a-brother-down justifications for cheating to win. I even agreed with them that Neo-Nyzul is a horribly broken event, and needed desperately to be fixed, but they didn't take very kindly to what I had to say.

    I hope this does end up being a wake-up call to people with a devil may care attitude and to SE as well.

    To the players: Don't cheat for gear no matter how awesome it is or how unfair the event it's hidden behind is.

    To SE: Don't create events where people feel the need to cheat to even have a chance.

    Both sides are absolutely moronic in this case, and I don't have an ounce of sympathy or understanding for either.

    Do we have someone admitting to cheating?!
    If so he's hardly the first. People have been admitting it pretty blatantly all over the place.

    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Are you an idiot? That squashes any hopes of you getting a win at all, at least before you could have leeched wins off the real players that aren't helpless and need their hand held like some of the annoying casuals on these forums.
    So using the cheats someone else cooked up isn't having your hand held?

    You hardcore people asked for something difficult that only the best geared players could complete with rare and awesome rewards. SE granted your wish! Oh, but they're like an evil genie. They grant your wish, but in a sick and twisted way. They've always been like that though, and you guys should have known better than to ask for what you did. When you got it you found you couldn't do much better at it than the annoying casuals could. Then you cheat at the very event you requested, and rather than awesome you look like a bunch of idiots. My friends, I present to you the best and brightest of FFXI! Look upon them and be amazed!
    (14)

  6. #16
    Player Siiri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    233
    Character
    Siiri
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Also, please suggest to the devs that we start the timer on floor 1, not when you hit enter at the door. I use the stopwatch on my phone for runs and the timer starts on the black screen as you zone into the lobby.
    (21)

  7. #17
    Player detlef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,640
    Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    People who use the same user name for all forums should be mindful of what they say.

    Also, it would be very nice if there were some assurance that Nyzul would constantly be reevaluated. Right now, it sure sounds like SE thinks the event is great as-is and has no further plans to balance it. If gear acquisition suddenly takes a huge nose dive, will SE adjust the event? Or will it simply be working as intended?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    And if you want to know who is "using third-party tools or any form of game exploit" just look at who has F100 gear because I can 100% guarantee nobody got that gear without cheating.
    I'd like to point out that there are a ton of JPs with Nyzul gear. What conclusion can we draw from this? I think the most infuriating thing is that a lot of posters on the JP forum seem to think this is strictly an NA issue when it's the entire FFXI population.
    (3)

  8. #18
    Player Lojinxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Motherland!
    Posts
    16
    Character
    Lojinxx
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    Camate, people "using third-party tools or any form of game exploit" is not the problem. It's a symptom of the problem. If the order lamps were removed this would solve the problem for all players. The code and same time lamps are not bad, but the order lamps have got to go.
    THIS! Get rid of order lamps! And on top of their gimmick, they're programmed horribly so that you can't efficiently solve them fast enough even with a talented group of people because of the lag associated with them. And all you people saying "oh thanks, this person, that person for posting youtube videos", just shut up lol the method by which ppl are switching lamp names is so simple and able to do with any npc in the game. Only reason SE is fixing it is because all u people cry so much about it and they're sick of listening to you. My 2cents
    (9)

  9. #19
    Player Soidisant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    87
    Character
    Jem
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Hilarious how this is suddenly an issue because the JP's are in uproar about it on their forums after discovering our video. Yet it was a complete non-issue when we originally posted the video way back in April on these forums, said DAT edits were used AND a Dev even posted in the topic. Nothing was done or said about it because it was NA/EU players.

    JP players find the exact same video 3 months later, some complain and some query it but instantly it's a recognised bug and a serious issue as a result.

    Slightly ironical too considering we made the video to prove that you didn't need to fleehack or fillmode to win.

    It's amusing that it's taken so long to come up too considering everyone in that video quit late April/early May.
    (14)
    Last edited by Soidisant; 07-21-2012 at 04:41 AM.

  10. #20
    Player Phogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Are you an idiot? That squashes any hopes of you getting a win at all, at least before you could have leeched wins off the real players that aren't helpless and need their hand held like some of the annoying casuals on these forums.
    So your point is a that preventing the use of cheats will prevent anyone from winning, and that prior to this only "real players" can win, therefore only people who use cheats are "real players"? You're silly.
    (13)

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast