Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Idea for mog safe expansion quest

Rather than a mog safe expansion quest could we possibly expand the mog house? I always wanted the mog house to be larger so it's less like a box and more like a home. For example, after the first quest you'd get an upstairs room, for the second quest you'd get a kitchen and for the final quest you'd get a workshop. (only for your main mog house not for rent a rooms). This would be a bit of fun that wouldn't break any balance and would give you more room to decorate.
    (2)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

><)))°€

It would indeed be cool, though difficult to implement (according to a developer response which you can find from the thread linked below).

It would also be great if something could be done to the Storage (/bank) hogging furniture. Currently, I have 14/80 open for things not furniture (aside from a bed and I think two cabinets, everything is that event stuff scattered about). It will be probably impossible to make them not take space, so I don't know how exactly that could be addressed.

Anywho, here's a thread with related discussion (and nice pictures even!):
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    It would also be great if something could be done to the Storage (/bank) hogging furniture. Currently, I have 14/80 open for things not furniture (aside from a bed and I think two cabinets, everything is that event stuff scattered about). It will be probably impossible to make them not take space, so I don't know how exactly that could be addressed.
    Its always going to take space, but by assigning a furniture-only inventory for them, you don't foul up the mog safe with locked items when accessing it from abroad. Can't even sort them properly...
    (1)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Yeah, as it is, it's just not possible. I'm sure. There are games where I have been spoiled with item management, be it furniture or whatever, taking no space per se. Containers like backpacks have a certain amount of slots for said items, and you have a carrying capacity that will limit how much you can carry at all times.

However inside your house, or on the ground outside, you can have as many items as you want even on the same spot. They will stack over one another until a certain limit, and then the lowest-in-stack item will disappear (only visibly though; when items are removed from the top, they will become visible under the stack once more again at that certain limit).

That's just one quick example of item management I have enjoyed. While it would certainly be weird and very much impossible to see anything even close to this in FFXI without a complete re-make, something like that would certainly be the answer to my hoarder-dreams. ^^;

Alas, that is of course what it will more than likely remain as: nothing but a dream...
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    Yeah, as it is, it's just not possible. I'm sure. There are games where I have been spoiled with item management, be it furniture or whatever, taking no space per se. Containers like backpacks have a certain amount of slots for said items, and you have a carrying capacity that will limit how much you can carry at all times.

However inside your house, or on the ground outside, you can have as many items as you want even on the same spot. They will stack over one another until a certain limit, and then the lowest-in-stack item will disappear (only visibly though; when items are removed from the top, they will become visible under the stack once more again at that certain limit).

That's just one quick example of item management I have enjoyed. While it would certainly be weird and very much impossible to see anything even close to this in FFXI without a complete re-make, something like that would certainly be the answer to my hoarder-dreams. ^^;

Alas, that is of course what it will more than likely remain as: nothing but a dream...
    Aren't we getting a Vana'Farm with Adoulin? There's bound to be a mogshed there ;D
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I'm disappointed with the Gamer Escape interview,

GE- With Seekers of Adoulin, players will receive private islands that they can use like a farm. How similar will these be to the Mog House? Can other players visit your island? Will you be able to furnish any parts of the island?

SE- As there will be rental houses for players within the town of Adoulin, the islands will not be too similar to Mog Houses. Imagine the island as a specialized area for procuring materials. From a system perspective it is difficult to invite other players to your island, but that’s not to say that we have completely given up on it. Since you won’t be able to alter the layout of this area like you can inside of a Mog House, it won’t really be possible to decorate it. However, there will be visual variations that can be made, such as farmland expansions, in order to increase the amount of materials that you can procure.

Based on this the islands will only be for growing/raising stuff, and won't have a house or something like it. I thought this would be the perfect location for SE to put a house where we could truly customize. Where we're not limited to 80 furniture. I would love to be able to put more furniture into my house but limited to that 80 max and the layout/space that is provided. A true house where we can customize rooms would be ideal.

SE please rethink your strategy for the personal islands. I believe this could be a great place for those of us who like the furniture/crafting/frarming aspect of FFXI.
    (1)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    Aren't we getting a Vana'Farm with Adoulin? There's bound to be a mogshed there ;D
    Yeah, one would imagine!

But due to what was above mentioned as well, I don't have much hope. :S
    (0)

Good evening!

My apologies for the bump. There have been tons of request for various changes or upgrades to that place that adventurers call home – Mog houses. Since this was a portion of the game was implemented from the extremely early times of FINAL FANTASY XI, it is extremely deep rooted into the game, so without reconstructing it on a large scale, we will not be able to address many of your suggestions. However! As a future prospect, we would like to take this on and renovate the Mog House system, so to speak, and make the changes we can little by little.

While it will be tough for us right now to say whether or not we can address something that is requested, we welcome any ideas that you might have to fuel us for the future.
    (20)

Okipuit - Community Team

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

><)))°€

Awesome news is all I can say for now. ^^

Gotta start thinking for some minor-esque suggestions, I guess!
    (0)

Character
    Thegreatmonkey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Could you maybe add a search function for items in a players inventory? I have spent count less hours trying to find item X knowing I do have it but just dont see it.

Edit:

I thought about this more and a comand that we could enter could work out a lot, something like:
    /sea item "item name" or /sea item "part of item name" and then have it return the results in the chat box or maybe even have it bring up were the item is located or both.

The chat box, could tell us were it is at and how many are there so for example after entering the command we would get something like:
    Item XYZ (2) is in your Mog Save
    Item XYZ (5) is in your Mog Storage

or if we put in part of the name:
    Item XYZ (1) is in your Mog Save
    Item XBD (2) is in your Mog Storage

and let us use the command no matter were we are in the would.
    (6)
    Last edited by Thegreatmonkey; 12-11-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast