Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Actually, Rosina... it had nothing to do with you.

The thread is simply predicated on misinformation, and thus did not accuratley reflect the situation and needed to be corrected.

It Didn't matter if it was you or Bullwinkle posting it---it NEEDED to be addressed and corrected, as it was misrepresenting the REAL scope of the problem---which really only boils down to 2 things: player choice on how to approach a challenge (whether that be a quest, mission, or levelling), and one's ability to maintain sneak and/or invisible to avoid detection from dangerous mobs.

I never even addressed you until you started challenging my posts in the 50's somewhere. It appears like you simply took offense at my posts because they are in conflict with your view, and chose to lash out instead of taking the information to heart and actually seeing what maybe/is wrong with some of the arguments (some points I addressed were actually pointed at others, and not you---but they did not feel the need to respond even remotely as emotionally as you). Others expressed different views than you, but you only chose to come at my posts with an intense fervor, when I was essentially exploring and revealing what was really going on in these areas as well as possible remedies so people can make an informed decision on whether they feel this really is a valid issue or not. If they went solely on what was previously being put forth, they may simply jump on board because they didn't know any better---but after seeing what is REALLY going on out there, they can make a more informed decision.

To clarify these are some things I looked into and brought forth, which was at times in direct conflict with what had previously been presented in the thread (and not all of it just from Rosina, by the way):

From the OP:

1) that is not a level 30+ area. First mobs I saw down there ranged from 10-14 and 15-18. Further in, I saw mobs level 12-15, 20-23, 23-26. The only catch is one might need to use stealth tactics to get past higher level mobs between some sections. This can be obtained from a variety of sources--including, but not limited to, Grounds Tomes if one has the tabs.

2) that section is not just a high level area, and not only is the door not guarded by high level mobs--there is nothing in that room but a book. Again, where one zones in...lower level mobs as always, only need stealth tactics to get past the higher level mobs that would aggro--nothing is at the objective to aggro the player. Nothing new there, again lots of ways to overcome the challenge of avoiding aggro when running through the middle section if one is prepared for it.

3) 3-Mage door area is NOT full of higher level mobs. The same level bombs/boggarts that have always been there are all that is hanging out in that section of the map--once one gets into that last hall, it is the same as it ever was. The only thing that has changed (again) is the need for stealth tactics to get through the section with the higher level mobs in between the first section (level10-18 mobs) and the 3-mage door...again, not a problem if one comes prepared. Thus, it is NOT necessary to run through Toromarai Canal (which still does contain the level 47-65 level mobs as well as the new higher ones, though it wasn't discussed yet) to get to the 3-Mage door room.

From other sections in the thread:

The section in Dangruff that was under question in fact has not changed at all--the same mobs are present as before, and the quest is still managed the same as it ever was--players are not in danger from the newer higher level mobs when running that quest. Those were added in sections north of where the quest takes place--the southern sections were virtually unchanged.

Zerhun Soot can still be farmed on the first level of the mines....from mobs ranging levels 1-3 right there where one zones in. There is no need to run down the tunnels and get aggro from the new high level mobs to complete that quest.

People do actually use some of these zones in question, at least at higher levels--as evidenced that level 90-ish players were seen actively fighting in a low man group down there--may have been for xp, skillups, farming--who knows, but it WAS being used by higher level players.

Upon further investigation, it was actually discovered that it is technically possible to integrate the FoV/GoV system to make it as high as level 50 without venturing any further than East/West Sarutabarutas, Inner/Outer Horutotos, or Giddeus--depending on one's choices on how to level (solo/party against EP to IT targets according to one's ability).

All this information is readily available not only via popular websites, but also within the game itself--one can review all the hunt lists at these books to adjust strategy as they go along.

With all the tweaks made to enhance experience points acquisition, it is really hard to say there is anything preventing one from gaining xp at a reasonable rate in readily accessible areas up to around level 30 (or higher, depending on where one is or chooses to go).

And for the record, this wall of text was posted simply because things were again being misrepresented.
    (4)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

@ Raist... I thanked you for the fixes and said why it was mis info'ed. So please drop that part as you are a broken record at this point. Also You flat out admited this suggest its pointless. So it make a person consider that a why with some of ur posts. All i was trying to get across was the change wasn't needed in the first place. I wasn't lashing out. But you are over focusing on the "info" more then the actual suggestion. I'll fix my OP once i get a new key board. But this request is Far from pointless. But really dude ppl make mistakes no need to stone them for it. POLITELY correct them and move on not bash it in thier face.
    (1)
    Last edited by Rosina; 07-25-2012 at 01:02 PM.

Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    RAIST is talking to you calmly, never once has he been purposely lashing out at you. He might be one of the only people on this forum who hasn't openly said what they think of you.
    (6)

Quote Originally Posted by Komori View Post
    RAIST is talking to you calmly, never once has he been purposely lashing out at you. He might be one of the only people on this forum who hasn't openly said what they think of you.
    try again... How many times does a person NEED to address and correct something?? First off a simple reply saying there are mistakes not assume a person is wrong for sake of such. You to not need a wall of text to offer fixes to mistakes. Second You do not need to repeat it.... say it once and drop it. Lastly one shouldn't skim posts you build the wrong idea about ppl. Like most about ppl here do. I get stoned for near anything ever my own experience because ppl can't see past their own nose. They assume they are right 99 times out of 100. Ever since i started posting all i have gotten was harrassed... if its not my spells, its my point of view, or its about in game experience, or the fact i have no working pc. Heck i try to explain polity why i am the way i am so u guys can get to know me better.. i
    (1)

(tl) harrassed for that too. It shocks me i get the blame for a bad attitude when i'm the one having stones flying at me. I'm not really a bad person. But it don't help that a decent size group on here assume too much and can't think beyond what they assume is "normal". Not everyone has a means to log online to look up stuff. Not everyone comes on ffxi to solo everything, and not everyone who chooses to group for content is lazy.

Since the 3 zone book/ abby burn became the norm a good bit of the community did infact start becoming anti social. I rather solo/ duo then to see max level ppl act so snooty. That why I want this stuff reverted back so myself and like minded ppl have decent areas to solo around. Places we are actually used to. The tower in WS was epic to solo in from 5-13. No need to have changed it. The ruins with the door was also a great solo place for lower level while ur on said quest you can kill some mob for exp. now you can't even do that.
    (1)
    Last edited by Rosina; 07-25-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosina View Post
    (tl) harrassed for that too. It shocks me i get the blame for a bad attitude when i'm the one having stones flying at me. I'm not really a bad person. But it don't help that a decent size group on here assume too much and can't think beyond what they assume is "normal". Not everyone has a means to log online to look up stuff. Not everyone comes on ffxi to solo everything, and not everyone who chooses to group for content is lazy.

Since the 3 zone book/ abby burn became the norm a good bit of the community did infact start becoming anti social. I rather solo/ duo then to see max level ppl act so snooty. That why I want this stuff reverted back so myself and like minded ppl have decent areas to solo around. Places we are actually used to. The tower in WS was epic to solo in from 5-13. No need to have changed it. The ruins with the door was also a great solo place for lower level while ur on said quest you can kill some mob for exp. now you can't even do that.
    I get where your you coming from, and I understand the issues you got with the quests and stuff having high lv mobs that can cause problems when doing the windy quests and a few of the other quests in the areas that got the high lv mobs, I had to help a few friends that were old players returning to the game, did some of those mission and quests, and at the time we thought it all sucked untill this brand new player help us, he like dudes i just googled the help and watch a youtube video on how to pass the parts. We never had that back in the old days lol, and we all felt pretty stupid.

As for the way we get experience points now days with the books and abyssea there nothing wrong with it even if you plow to lv99 in a week, better then what actually was slowly happening and the rest of the people were starting to catch on, summoner burns,mana burns,monk burns, the gil sellers burning all there jobs with a alliance in a far out spot, and with google and youtube the rest people finally caught on, so they came out with a system that was fair for everyone.

otherwise they would have to get rid of -ga spells,monks,summoners, and alliances to go back to the old way of parting, and yea a good part of the community did become anti social and that does sucks , but at same time alot of the community are on voice chat systems so that makes alot the text base stuff in the game seem anti social also.

As the game age so did the player base , now more people got college,jobs, kids, and other stuff to do and do not got time to spend one year to level a job up.
    (3)
    A Mind that has been stretched will Never Return to its original Dimension....
    (author unknown)

it never took a year to lvl a job, and its even faster now with the exp increase. I used to play 2-4 hours a day. My ex worked a full time job. What ppl seem to not realise is a good % of the player base DID have jobs and families and still got it done. I started ffxi when I was 19. I'm 27 now. If i could get 18 in 2 weeks lvling in parties with only 2hr play time, back @ ps2 release, that should say something... exp was raised out side abby. I honestly see no difference between smn burn book burn and abby burn. Just an allience of ppl who milk exp off the ppl who do fight.
    (1)

Player
    You can(or should) fight in book parties, FC & SMNs you didn't or don't fight, not really the same.
    (1)

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    @Rosa: Getting to level 18 in 2-weeks actually used to be pretty slow if you had that type of playtime.

On-topic: How do you break something that isn't broken?

/closethread
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosina View Post
    it never took a year to lvl a job, and its even faster now with the exp increase. I used to play 2-4 hours a day. My ex worked a full time job. What ppl seem to not realise is a good % of the player base DID have jobs and families and still got it done. I started ffxi when I was 19. I'm 27 now. If i could get 18 in 2 weeks lvling in parties with only 2hr play time, back @ ps2 release, that should say something... exp was raised out side abby. I honestly see no difference between smn burn book burn and abby burn. Just an allience of ppl who milk exp off the ppl who do fight.
    no offense try and see how this games worked when you started out as a 27yr old. With a real job that supports a family, yea it sucks now now days that square grew up with the rest of the people to, im 36 years old and still playing this game for no reason , but you got a fair point. When your a teenager and start this game you will see your point of views and it different , then when you see it as a older person
    (0)
    A Mind that has been stretched will Never Return to its original Dimension....
    (author unknown)

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast