Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    to add.. It wasn't an example just a question if it was or not. I only tried this quest once... i'm not fond on chase ken for barbie... XD (sorry i had too she does look like barbie)
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosina View Post
    But if no one is actually USING said zones, why should the change matter.

All i see people doing is solo to 10.... leech/burn in gusgen mines till about 24. Then leech/burn in crawlers nest till aboit 30-70. then leech burn in abyssea zones of la theine, the range, and the desert. I barely seen anyone in the ruins or canal.

The changes were not needed in the first place. I'm not asking to change every zone. Just the windurst region for better leveling @ lower levels, ease of doing quests that were/are easy.

You can still have gov in the area just present at the old level. Why does these basic areas need to be high level?

You may not see a need... but I do.
    Highlighted the problem....perception is key. That is what YOU may be seeing, doesn't necessarily mean that is the way it is for everyone. If people want to fast-track the xp, they can book/aby burn. If they want to use alternate methods they can....the option is there for them to use. The FoV/GoV system allow them to have the best of both worlds from level 1 to level 99 if they so choose. Reversing the higher levels may cut out the camps for the top tier sections...and simply isn't necessary because there are already lower level camps to use. All that would do is nerf the upper level camps, to solve a problem that simply does not exist.

Oh, and I actually counted 8 bats and 2 crabs in that top level--and the crabs drop soot too. Just saying... it appears SE tried to be careful about preserving opportunities when they made these changes. Perhaps more research and creativity needs to be used because things have shifted a bit. At quick glance, it doesn't appear to be anything about the higher level mobs outright preventing one from participating in the content, providing one takes the proper precautions....which has always been true for these things---be prepared.

[Edit:]
    just glancing at the Grounds Tome and Field Manual lists.... I really don't get what you are uptight about. Technically, you can solo from 1-38 JUST in Inner Horutoto, or if you prefer start in the Sara and work your way out to horutoto for the higher levels. The system is laid out so that you can run all the way into the 20's or higher extremely close to home, then start branching further out into neighboring regions in tiers like we always did in the past (except the camps are viable longer because of all the bonus xp, so you change camps less often). The books coupled with the double xp just ramped it up to an extremely fast pace in comparison to how it was years ago.
    (1)
    Last edited by RAIST; 07-22-2012 at 02:26 PM.
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    these mobs were mostly added i believe to give alternative spots to level if you didnt have the abyssea expansions (I think SE tries its hardest not to require expansions where they can). yes those people do still exist. While i do see the need for this, some of the changes have been bad, when interfering with quests ect. I recently started a alt character to dual box with and many of these quest are just easier for me just because i'm there along side it on my 99 JOB doing everything for my level 10 or whatever level at the time mule and the fact i know what im doin or know the areas layout.
    I think there is a difference betwixt a person who has played the game years doin these quests on their new chars and someone jsut starting. theres alot of new players just completely ignorant of many game mechanis and features and shortcuts and other ways around things. hell there are people that have played for years that dont know how to do things until ive told them bout them (some dont even read update notes and are clueless to any change ingame no matter how big or small /gasp!). Some of them dont even understand porter moogles and storage slips somehow.
    ive seen many occasions people killin those low level mobs in mines for caskets (ive even done it, tho i resist when i see a lower level guy there. others are just douches).
    (0)
    Last edited by Trumpy; 07-22-2012 at 04:27 PM.

Raist i'm going to sun up how you sound. If this is not how you are trying to come off like feel free to correct me.

Raist opinion: I feel this change isn't needed because high levels may need places to go. Who cares if these were once low level locations for newbies/lowbies to level in. Who cares if low level quests are in these areas they can get help if they need it which isn't hard, because i get help all the time. I don't care if a low level play needs to spend 15 min traveling to get to exp spots, my level 99 job just needs to walk 5 min.

that is how you sound. And i'm not joking either, nor picking a fight.
    I'm happy they added fov/gov. But the low level zones into high level zones just outside towns was not needed. It skrews the leveling for low level forcing them to travel father. The tower change i'm talking about is the north tower in west sarutabaruta. It was a good location from 5-13. Great zone set up not too much aggro/link. The R1 mission towers are crap to level up in.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rosina; 07-22-2012 at 06:04 PM.

(text limit)
    as i was typing, the lay out is poor and the mobs have a high aggro and link. I've actually tried soloing these back in 2004 when i first started this game. And all i got was death on death on death. Just from bat aggro. Not to mention you have to worry about bombs. Self destruct is not fun.

I also tried the cardian.. that was a bust.. too much linkage.

I don't follow most leveling guides though helpful its based off the fact the person has a max cap already. And some suggestion are not good for a fresh character.

Pretty much SE is cutting off low level location high level already have a ton od solo/gov spots outside of starter cities. lower level should have a choice nut be muscled out by high levels. So again I state this change in areas was not needed and can be revereted if possible to give newbies/ lobies places to lvl in windurst, because there isn't much in terms of safety from constent/link or spending most of the time walking around.
    (0)

simply put raist... you come off as scrooge from christmas carol in the scene where two charity collecters were asking him to donate, he refused saying his taxes go to jails, work houses, and poor houses that he shouldn't have to donate because ppl can go there.
    (0)

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Cool irrelevant example Rosa. Its irrelevant just like your job level (severely under leveled) is as relevant to your claims of in game knowledge.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Zerich View Post
    Cool irrelevant example Rosa. Its irrelevant just like your job level (severely under leveled) is as relevant to your claims of in game knowledge.
    not really.. i was giving an example of how raist sounded. And i'm just coming back from a 6mth break but reading up these forums since they were out. My level is due to having just started fresh on a server I just joined. I have been upfront about how long I have played this game and my highest levels. i also been upfront of how many times i started fresh the servers I have been on. And various places I tried.

i've play this game from 2004-2009 w/o a break. from 2009-2012 i took in overall 15 mnths in breaks. 1 break was 3 mnths due to 360 red ring, 1 breaks was 6 mnths due to my break up with my b/f. then another 6 mnths due to playment issues. But i played at least 5 mnths inbetween breaks. I also spend my time talking to ppl. Also 2004-2005 i was playing 2-4 hrs a day from 2005 to present i spend about 12-20 hr a day.
    (0)

pretty much with that all said, I know a decent bit of how the community works in game. Also i was upfront about how many servers i was on and number of LS's. Not one person said anything to me on how i act in game.

But really this was a suggestion, one that i do hope is used, but if not no real issue. considering a key bit was "if these zones are not really used. and if it was possible to change it"
    (0)

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIST View Post
    And that area for Making Headlines was not a level 10-15 area. You might have xp'ed in some spots at that level, but mobs there went up into the 20's in the past. So, if you were doing that at earlier levels (ie, level 10-15), you were still under threat for aggro back then.

Again.....there was potential risk then....and there is potential risk now--but in both the past/present, the same methods for negating the risk is the same.
    But the risk isn't exactly the same. In the past, say you get a couple of friends of similar level to do the quest and you get aggro from a level 20 mob, there is a decent chance of survival. Try to do that now and aggro from a level 80 mob is certain death. Since it is an MMORPG, challenges should be appropriate for a party at the quest level. And with some of the new mobs this is not the case.
    (0)

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast