Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Character
    Ashbringer
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post
    Um, yeah, name another job that could solo Genbu @ 75, then your argument might be valid, instead of using an Expansion that was specifically designed to make BLM and by default RDM less desirable for partying.
    RDM was the only mage job you would see in parties in ToAU as they could adequately and extremely efficiently heal a 6 man, haste it, and keep themselves refreshed, without ever stopping. SMN was ok but unless they wanted to nuke their mana on Hastega every few minutes, ignored. WHM was ok too, but required at least a 2-3 MP per tic gear set to even start to keep up and not cause downtime in the high chain 200-500+ parties. BLM was left to gather dust in a corner while sucking it's thumb (however BLM manaburns were awesome in Mount Zhayolm, specially on my Suicide BRD). BLU was very meh, not enough people knew the job well enough though.

I didn't even have to flag up on my RDM, as within about 10 seconds of logging in I had people bidding to make me join their BEST TP PARTY I WILL EVER JOIN!!!
    (1)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    Only rdms thought that, the rest of us knew better. Then TAU came out and you all learned otherwise.
    What a load of crap, not that I expected anything else out of your mouth. The rest of you were just jealous. Before and after ToAU, RDM was an excellent soloer, tank and healer/buffer. Genbu was an easy solo, but not many jobs could have solod Seiryu, Suzaku or even Zipacna or Faust. RDM could. If you think RDM was anything less than overpowered at 75 you're mental.
    (3)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I remember when AV and PW were impossible..

P.S
    RDM's ran it from the beginnings of FFXI until Abyssea, its when Abyssea came that RDMs were humbled some, and which is why I share no sympathy for the class, especially to the DD's. Thats a change that I won't be regretting any time soon, although I do hope that RDM's get enfeebling bonuses, but knowing most of them they would think its a valid reason for why they should be a DD than an enfeebling job @+@
    (1)
    Last edited by Scuro; 07-21-2012 at 09:01 PM.

99 BLU,PLD,SCH,RNG,NIN,BST,SMN,THF,BLM,WHM... Any questions..?

My list of remember is to long but these are the few i remember.

1. Remember leaving the gamecube version of PSO for this game since abunch people i knew came over , we never did find each other since we all were on different servers, after few months we found that out.

2. Remember One day i pulled a 12 hr work day with a 16 hr work day and when i came back on the game 30+ people in the linkshell that i was in , they were all above my level and they couldn't lv with me, so i just spent next yr and half just crafting stuff with my flag up and everytime I get a party invite it be time for bed.

3. Remember I ended up getting a xbox and was in a halo2 game and this one dude , ended laughing his ass off at me, because i didn't know how to create a party on this game, but he did teach me and then when the xbox 360 beta came out i felt godly till had 40 people join the server I was in and had to give them 100k gil each because was so cocky and had 6 mil on me at the time.
    (1)
    A Mind that has been stretched will Never Return to its original Dimension....
    (author unknown)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Modoru View Post
    lol I stand corrected /bow
    (1)

Character
    Vienner
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    after reading this forum for a long time i finally found the ideal thread to make my first post, cause everyone loves a bit nostalgia and the older i get the more i enjoy looking back at the things they changed for good (or for worse).

i remember stating in ls (pre-aby era) that i loved playing ninja and that everyone acted like it was their first visit at the zoo and their first glance at the monkeycage. now you run through pj and walk by 20 nins and i stopped feeling special ;)
    (4)

I remember spending more time fishing in Kazham then leveling.
    (0)
    It doesn't take much to know when someone is special. After 5 minutes if the person is alive and well you have a keeper, if they are dead and obnoxious then toss em like two day old leftovers.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6