Thread: advice?

Character
    Elysianne
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 94

advice?

I did the necessary levelling of nin to 37 before the cap increase and actually started liking being more of a front line job then always being a mage.

So here I am at 65, doing a lot of fov and a few colibri parties in wajoam. I'm still sorta confused on whether or not keep my enmity + gear for macro only? Or keep it on while tanking too, since most of the enmity+ also offers +agi.

gear:
    Main : Kogitsunemaru
    Sub: Sai +1
    Head: Emp Hairpin
    Neck: Chiv chain
    Ears: Evasion Earring, Velocity Earring
    Body: Scorp Harness/Ninja chainmail (Haub for jin ws)
    Hands: Arhat's Tekko +1
    Rings: Raja's Ring/Sniper's ring
    Back: Amemet Mantle +1 (Kinesis Mantle +1)
    Legs: Arhat's +1
    Feet: Saratobi Kyahan
    Belt: Swift Belt (Potent Belt for ws)
    So I'd appreciate some input. I'm still trying to figure it all out but seem to be a quick learner.
    Thanks =)
    (0)
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -Ben Franklin

"Sabotender Rapido! Oh shit I'm already dead."

Character
    Cero
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Full timing Enmity gear will increase the enmity you get per strike, but it's best to just focus on your damage dealing potential and forget about that (you'll end up getting more hate this way.) If anything, you can macro it in for Provoke, but I don't think it's even worth carrying around anymore to be honest. I would recommend making the following adjustments to your build.

Code:
    Sub	Yoto +1
    Hands	Horomusha Kote
    Legs	Royal Knight's Breeches
    Some people might say to just full time Haubergeon and other melee gear that reduces your evasion. I would only do that if you had a BRD with you who was doing Elegy every fight. Otherwise, it's not worth it. You'll spend a lot more time casting shadows.

You should probably use Life Belt for WS at this point still. I wouldn't advise using AF body yet. You probably won't have enough accuracy to ever justify that until later on. There are other gear choices that would help (Peacock Charm over Chivalrous Chain, etc.) that I didn't bother mentioning because you probably won't be that level for very long anyways, so I don't really think it's worth the time unless you already have the items sitting around. Picking up a few cheap items to macro in for WS (earrings and the like) might not be a bad idea either.

Also, just full time Amemet's Mantle +1 as well.
    (0)

Player
    quote on everything mojo says
    life belt is :Q____
    amamet+1 is :Q_____
    really oved them!!! get a virtuous belt if u can (i bet no one is there camping anymore)
    keep only your best enmity gear for when u'll be doing animated flourish as /dnc, as /war u don't reall need any, just hit hard and you'll be allright
    (0)

Character
    Alderin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    As mojo said pretty much.

Ignore Enmity + gear (at least for now) and focus on damage & haste. Hold hate using weapon skills and provoke.

Ninjas have super low delay - which will effectively be your damage. The faster you hit, the more DoT you do. Once you have haste sorted, then increase how much damage each hit does.

Another technique is if provoke is down, even if you have shadows up - recast them. Shadows actually pull a decent amount of hate. (Not head turning numbers but it's a handy last resort).

Once you get to Abyssea levels and have some decent haste gear, you shouldnt really have to worry too much about hate.

(Although in saying that, I still use enmity + gear for provoke macros.)
    (0)

Character
    Elysianne
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 94
    Thanks for the advice =) It will be put to good use. I have my brutal/boxers/kitty pants for 75. Now to just get there.... le sigh
    (0)
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -Ben Franklin

"Sabotender Rapido! Oh shit I'm already dead."

Character
    Alderin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I will probably make you aware - while my setup may be less then ideal while casting shadows - and I am sure a lot of people probably don't do this as it's a strategy in holding hate that I use and am not pressing it on anyone.

However personally I use a combination of Enmity + and Haste gear when casting shadows. Focus on haste first, then fill in the slots that are not giving you haste with Enmity gear. While this is probably not an ideal gear setup for everyone - it's what I use to turn heads if casting shadows is my last option to pulling hate.

Gear like the Versa set (for later levels obviously) as macro in pieces gives a nice boost to hate building when your starting out your extensive gear setup. While not ideal for haste etc - if you focus on haste first, followed by enmity as a macro-in set, I find it works well.

Feel free to disagree with me, it's just something I personally do.
    (0)

Character
    Kelga
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I actually cast in enmity gear as well, in equip slots that don't have fast cast haste anyway. I noticed early on that casting shadows generated a modest amount of enmity. That new odium ring is godsend to tack onto my mermaid's ring for Ni casting, my Mirke Wardecors has emnity/fastcast on it. And I'm very happy that we have Nokizaru Shuriken and it's dirt cheap.
    (0)