Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Character
    Alderin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    The other option for this is to make the "infusion" similar to that of a Skillchain. (No not a Magic Burst - they rely on WS Skillchains).

This means any mage can do them - BLM, RDM, WHM, SCH... Basically 2x elemental properties (in skillchains) already make up an end result. Same concept here with Magic - 2x Spells make up a "Transfusion" which is basically an added effect of the 2x spells giving some sort of temporary enfeeble, and a damage bonus.

Example was something like..

Alderin casts Gravity on Shinryu.
    Alderin casts Drain on Shinryu.
    Transfusion: Demi! Shinryu takes 1200 damage and is effected by weighed down.

Or something simmilar of course. The other point to make is this should be doable even if a spell is resisted - Simply for the fact that a lot of NM's are immune to certain debuffs, so allowing for resistance will effectively eliminate the bonus.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Miera View Post
    SCH should honestly get this ability lol
    Without any sch bias... i agreee.
    (0)

good idea to make it like a skill chain using magic instead of weapon skills. it would give mages a new sense of empowerment
    then you could give certain jobs the ability to self-sc this way...... besides rdm's chainspell
    (0)

Character
    Jager
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    That's actually a really cool idea. I like that idea of casting two spells to make a "magic skillchain"

Edit: Now I know why every keeps relating the name to blood. Didn't look at the actual definition of the word when I was looking for synonyms of "combine."
    (0)
    Last edited by JagerForrester; 03-22-2011 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Blood Mage? HP costs? Wha?
    "I find bliss in ignorance. Less I hear the less you'll say. But you'll find that out anyway."
    - Linkin Park (Dedicated to all the trolls and flamers out there)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5