Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kysaiana
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Heavy Metal Plates

Mostly starting this topic to see how many people think the current trial for 95 empyrean weapons is fine as is, and how many think it's a pile of crap.

I personally fall in the latter opinion. The trial would be fine if HMP's were a common drop off most of the VW system or even other systems, but as it stands, only the very bored and very rich even bother with this trial. As you can see in the census released in early July, very few of the empyrean weapons made are 95 or above.
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/gui...nsus/11/4.html

SE either needs to seriously up the supply of HMPs, or lower the amount required from 1500 to something in the realm of sanity, say 300 or 150. Prices on Siren at the moment range from 110k to 130k per HMP, that's 165 to 195 million gil for a single trial that only gives you a few base damage and 2 STR/DEX/ect.

Anyway, I hate to add to the constant sea of complaints around here but it's just really frustrating to not be able to finish any trials past 90 for empyreans/WoE. Since WoE is dead content there's no supply of dice or residue besides from those who started to collect them and gave up and are now selling them.
    (18)

Character
    Katiekat
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    i agree but i do think 400-500 would be more along the lines of a good number.
    (6)
    am dyslexic and have a learning disablement from when i died as a baby and sustained brain damage do to lack of oxygen pleas pardon my bad spelling and grammar

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    As one of those people that have actually done that trial, I'd be really p****d if they did lower the requirement, I have to admit that. Then again, SE has trolled people this way before (relic trials) and if they did decide to lower the number of plates there's nothing I can do about it.

Would be better if plates were easier to come by - higher drop rates, alternative sources.
    (7)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Korialstrasz
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    More so than the huge number alone, I think the bigger issue is that VW is already starting to slow down. It's probably likely that HMP will soon go the way of alexandrite, especially when the new expansion hits.
    (5)
    ~ The OF motto ~
    If someone has more gil than me, they bought it.
    If someone outclaims me, they're botting.
    If someone is more successful than me, they cheat.

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I think the number required is alright, when you can get 6-11 HMP on something like a qilin run, but I agree the drop rate should be considered for adjustment. I have all priepts for VW, and did Qilin 18 times yesterday, and didn't get a single HMP. Each Qilin had capped lights, and I traded 3 rubi cells each time and even 3 cobalt on 4 of the runs. If you received 10-20 for doing that many pops each time, 1500 at least seems obtainable, especially considering you can buy them from bazaars.

I should note this was the worst drop rate i've experienced with HMP, I usually at the very least get a pouch of 3 from a x6 Qilin or Aello run.
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    As one of those people that have actually done that trial, I'd be really p****d if they did lower the requirement, I have to admit that. Then again, SE has trolled people this way before (relic trials) and if they did decide to lower the number of plates there's nothing I can do about it.
    Such is the life of an early adopter I'm afraid.

Would be better if plates were easier to come by - higher drop rates, alternative sources.
    Agreed. Even if they don't lower the requirement, they could at least spread the love around a bit. Many VW mobs have rather pathetic loot tables as is. Simply adding the chance for plates would improve them considerably and may encourage people to do some fights they don't normally do. I can't see the downside in that.
    (9)

Player

I'm not sure why it matters either way how they go about it. If they lower the number needed you will be angry because it becomes easier. If they make them easier to get you should be just as angry because again, it becomes easier. The same thing with people and Mythics honestly, more Alex supply or less Alex needed there is little difference, if your going to be mad about 1 way you should be equally mad at the other I think.

In either case I don't care which way they go about it but something needs to be done thats for sure. For now 1500 plates at 100~120k each is more expensive than an entire relic weapon but instead you get a small boost in damage and the stat mod for your weapon which could never be worth it. Less money, less work, and you can obtain a Relic95 which is likely in the same ballpark damage wise if not higher.
    (1)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    Such is the life of an early adopter I'm afraid.
    I finished 99 Ukon in March, that was what - around 6 months after the trial was implemented, so I'd hardly call myself an early adopter. Furthermore, it would have taken a lot longer if not for the fact I'm blessed with some amazing friends who gave me a total of 600ish plates that they'd gotten from fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    I'm not sure why it matters either way how they go about it. If they lower the number needed you will be angry because it becomes easier. If they make them easier to get you should be just as angry because again, it becomes easier.
    Wrong. If the amount is lowered, I'll get angry because it would mean I have wasted millions of gil, and my awesome friends might as well have thrown away all the plates they gave to me.

I would in fact welcome it if SE makes heavy metal plates (and riftdross/riftcinder) easier to get. I have friends that want to upgrade their weapon(s), and I'd love to see them do just that.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I finished 99 Ukon in March, that was what - around 6 months after the trial was implemented, so I'd hardly call myself an early adopter. Furthermore, it would have taken a lot longer if not for the fact I'm blessed with some amazing friends who gave me a total of 600ish plates that they'd gotten from fights.
    I wasn't trying to attack you. I was just saying that that's how things go in game and in life. What's hard to get or expensive today will invariably be easier to get and cheaper tomorrow. Don't go into something expecting anything else.

Wrong. If the amount is lowered, I'll get angry because it would mean I have wasted millions of gil, and my awesome friends might as well have thrown away all the plates they gave to me.
    I don't see what's a waste about it. You have a 99 Ukon right now while the vast majority of us do not. You have friends who obviously place great value on your friendship. You should be happy.

I would in fact welcome it if SE makes heavy metal plates (and riftdross/riftcinder) easier to get.
    Increasing the supply or lowering the number required ultimately lead you to the same place.

I have friends that want to upgrade their weapon(s), and I'd love to see them do just that.
    I like the sentiment here. That's exactly how I feel. I want everyone to have nice things. If it makes my things less rare or special then so be it.
    (3)
    Last edited by Camiie; 07-18-2012 at 02:28 AM.

Character
    Francisco
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Hypothetically, what if the requirement for Heavy Metal Plates was gradually lowered, and refunds were granted to empyrean holders prior to the adjustments?

For example:

September 2012: Any player with a 95/99 empyrean weapon will receive a refund of 250 Heavy Metal Plates via NPC.
    October 2012: The required amount of Heavy Metal Plates is lowered from 1500 to 1250.

December 2012: Any player with a 95/99 empyrean weapon will receive a refund of 250 Heavy Metal Plates via NPC.
    January 2013: The required amount of Heavy Metal Plates is lowered from 1250 to 1000.

March 2013: Any player with a 95/99 empyrean weapon will receive a refund of 250 Heavy Metal Plates via NPC.
    April 2013: The required amount of Heavy Metal Plates is lowered from 1000 to 750.

August 2013: Any player with a 95/99 empyrean weapon will receive a refund of 250 Heavy Metal Plates via NPC.
    September 2013: The required amount of Heavy Metal Plates is lowered from 750 to 500.

Maybe not exactly as such, but it might be a relatively fair adjustment...

1: Increased supply of Heavy Metal Plates
    2: Increased demand of Heavy Metal Plates
    3: Players who completed the trial at 1500 Heavy Metal Plates gradually receives a refund of 1000. Player has the option to complete two more 95 Empyreans or to sell them to others.
    4: Should be a relatively fair balance between those who do the 500 HMP trial and those who do the 1500 HMP trial... at 500 HMP trials, the price might actually spike as the trial becomes "doable" for people who couldn't manage it now. Hard to predict if the increased supply would balance with the demand... we're talking 1000 HMP for every Empyrean weapon out there to be recycled back into circulation. Furthermore, any heavy metal plate over 500 used per trial would again be recycled.

Perhaps 500 is too low if using this method, or the refund may need to be less generous, as it might cause an overflow of 95 weapons (which SE won't allow). I do think, however, once the trials hit 500 HMP in mid-late 2013, the abundant supply would dry up rather quickly.
    (3)

"How do I lock threads?"

Consume the contents of a bottle of Extra Strength Tylonel and then drink a beer. Soon, all threads will be locked.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast