Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

So now that japan got a new real mmo out with PSO2, What going happen here?

With phantasy star online 2 out and it free to play, and word on the internet the game is really good, and some what amazing that sega could pull it off.

Competition will always bring out the best of people and game companies, so what will square be doing in the next few months since the servers here are losing the japanese players now, since there switching over to that game like flies on a candy apple.

I see free to play elements finally coming to this game, and on FF14 and both them coming to the modern future of mmos, with the crystal payments systems that they got set up.

Crazy for the first time in along time tonight did not see one japanese shout in jueno.

Something is starting to happen and I hope it will be for the better and the japanese players will come back or square just goes global.
    (0)
    A Mind that has been stretched will Never Return to its original Dimension....
    (author unknown)

Character
    Korialstrasz
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    PSO2 is going to kill FFXI.

Just like Aion, Rift, Star Wars, TERA, and FFXIV.
    (33)
    ~ The OF motto ~
    If someone has more gil than me, they bought it.
    If someone outclaims me, they're botting.
    If someone is more successful than me, they cheat.

Player
    I think if SE tried to make this game free to play they'd bungle it so hard the whole game would just go under.
    (2)

Character
    Trisscar
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiterpallasch View Post
    PSO2 is going to kill FFXI.

Just like Aion, Rift, Star Wars, TERA, and FFXIV.

For a game that has been "killed off" by at least 5 different games, FFxi seems to be alive and well.

You fail at failing. Please go back and try again, do not pass go, do not collect 200 Gil.
    (1)
    Last edited by Trisscar; 07-17-2012 at 11:57 PM.

Character
    Arukia
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    Totally missed the sarcasm there Triss. And I doubt this game will go F2P anytime soon 300k subscription is still a hefty amount of dough.
    (6)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Trisscar View Post
    For a game that has been "killed off" by at least 5 different games, FFxi seems to be alive and well.

You fail at failing. Please go back and try again, do not pass go, do not collect 200 Gil.
    He was being sarcastic. And yeah I don't think PSO2 will destroy FFXI. It'd be nice if the added competition in the JP market provided some incentive and inspiration to our devs, but my gut tells me nothing's going to change for us due to PSO2's release.
    (10)

Character
    Trisscar
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arukia View Post
    Totally missed the sarcasm there Triss. And I doubt this game will go F2P anytime soon 300k subscription is still a hefty amount of dough.
    Ah, sorry about that. Poe's Law hard at work.
    (2)

Yah, that was a hilarious fail. I honestly didn't think you could troll successfully with sarcasm not intended to be a troll. Good show though. o-o;

More on topic, Nothing is going to happen. FFXI will continue down the path it would have without the game coming out.
    (3)

honestly
    I played some f2p games, it never ends well. You can end up paying more per mnth then you do a p2p mmo. Play make it free to play... BUT you got to pay to win. It turns into everything costing real money, like content updates, mounts, extra storage, gear, weapons, extra character options.

And from what I know of phantsy star, is their games are orpg. They have a single player campain mode, then an optional online mode. Where all you do is pick a lobby for your level, maybe gater a group then go do a quest in a field/dungeon area. then you get money and repeat.

Only time will tell though.... look at all those mmo out now... ppl said they was epic. Most went to "free to play" with in a year or two.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosina View Post
    And from what I know of phantsy star, is their games are orpg. They have a single player campain mode, then an optional online mode. Where all you do is pick a lobby for your level, maybe gater a group then go do a quest in a field/dungeon area. then you get money and repeat.
    With how the game plays and works its really the other way around. Its a MMO with an optional Single Player.
    (0)

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast