Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    True Cop story was awsome for its time, but for those that worked or have family they never seen it till they uncapped it or if one the lucky ones that got into one the gil sellers linkshells or good friends linkshell that would let you go through it, as for the WOW stuff never matter on this game , you forgot this game was out long before WOW was out, it was the second mmo behind everquest at the time , and that was a game people use to compare it to , WOW just took the parts that people hated on this game and improved it to the casuals players, this game just stayed for hardcore players. as for new players coming to game yes they show up once they got a friend to help them get a account if they can get it to work.
    (0)
    A Mind that has been stretched will Never Return to its original Dimension....
    (author unknown)

Character
    Minidiamond
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Trisscar View Post
    Indeed, FFxi seems to have survived SWOTOR (which was expected to be the new WoW).

Pity no one listened to me, I kept saying it would be DoA. From most people I've talk to it appears I was right.
    I believe FFXI will last for atlease another 10years, also Predict getting another "abby" like add-on. Not Abby, but more Battlefield add-ons. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by svengalis View Post
    ^This has happened with every single PSO game. Soon the hackers will get in there and ruin it just like they have done with every other PSO game released.
    Excatly. Plus Sega of America hates US players. Thats why PSU is shutting down.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiamond View Post
    PSO2 will end up just like PSU. It'll last about 3years then people will get bored of it(Then about 2-3Years later. Itll shut Down.). FFXI isnt going anywhere, It will forever stay Tall and Strong. ^^
    Yeah, but that's also SEGA's strategy. They don't really expect a longer life cycle for their online titles. I don't think they make a business plan where their game needs to remain alive 3years+ to be profitable... 2 years seems more than enough since they keep releasing them.

Also SEGA have now a good experience of microtransactions model with PSU. It worked really well in Japan, where players could purchase "Guardian Cash" to "enhance their gameplay" (i.e. : turns the horrible SEGA-PSO-tier drop rates into something acceptable.)

That model generate way more profits than the classic pay per month model. Sure FF XI is still ok with it, but FF XI is a game from the early 2000 era, at that time, making a game lasting 10 years with a lot of subscribers was "easier" than today. Only games like EQ and such managed to remain alive so long with a high amount of subscribers.

FF XI will never "die" because of PSO2. Lose few customers? Sure thing. Die? No way. It's not like FF XI customer curve is going up anyway, it still erode slowly over time, but the game is FAR from being dead...
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Antipika View Post
    Yeah, but that's also SEGA's strategy. They don't really expect a longer life cycle for their online titles. I don't think they make a business plan where their game needs to remain alive 3years+ to be profitable... 2 years seems more than enough since they keep releasing them.

Also SEGA have now a good experience of microtransactions model with PSU. It worked really well in Japan, where players could purchase "Guardian Cash" to "enhance their gameplay" (i.e. : turns the horrible SEGA-PSO-tier drop rates into something acceptable.)

That model generate way more profits than the classic pay per month model. Sure FF XI is still ok with it, but FF XI is a game from the early 2000 era, at that time, making a game lasting 10 years with a lot of subscribers was "easier" than today. Only games like EQ and such managed to remain alive so long with a high amount of subscribers.

FF XI will never "die" because of PSO2. Lose few customers? Sure thing. Die? No way. It's not like FF XI customer curve is going up anyway, it still erode slowly over time, but the game is FAR from being dead...
    You have a Good point but square unable to hide behind the double to quadruple charges to peoples credit cards anymore to make it look like there making money. Visa and Mastercard had flagged them for that , reason we had to go to this new billing system. It be cheaper more money just having game cards and micro transactions.

Is not a game company, show me the money also, more money, more money or is it just for us fans.

Segas new model there using is the one that perfectworld is using and perfectworld almost bought out EA , It was only stop on the sell from a few usa congress people. Perfectworld made a 12 billion+ offer to EA and 95% of perfectworld games are free to play.

With ffx11 decline this is the largest i seen in a long time , been on since month after ps2 launch in last week seen some major declines during the japanes times.
    (0)
    Last edited by sc4500; 07-19-2012 at 11:29 PM.
    A Mind that has been stretched will Never Return to its original Dimension....
    (author unknown)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    If/When FFXI dies it will be SE who kills it. Whether it will be with the letter opener in the kitchen or the candlestick in the library I'm not sure.
    (5)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiterpallasch View Post
    PSO2 is going to kill FFXI.

Just like Aion, Rift, Star Wars, TERA, and FFXIV.
    Don't kid yourself Star Wars and lolWoWclone... I mean Rift was never on that list.
    (0)

if i recall WoW was out just after CoP. Then bc was out around After treasures... either that or litch king. I bough WoW around bc launch. But played it around lich king launch. It was just a slight shift in cop... nothing too bad. Now a days ppl have a "gearscore, voip requirement, addon use requirement" for just doing storyline content. Which did come from WoW because I played serveral mmo over 7 years i was on ffxi and didn't see that too much outside Aion. Alot of ppl i talked to both in ffxi and ffxiv don't really like how this community changed. And ppl barely use the forums not enjoying the "troll" accusation just for disagreeing, or having a seperate opinion. Look @ posts from zerich, or cidbehamut. Its like all they do is rag on people. Even if you agree with them for a different reason.

This wasn't really the case before WoW was launch, running into an ahole was pretty rare. Not every agree'ed but at least people were adults about it.

MMorpg are only as good as the community who plays it.
    (0)

(text limit)
    A great mmorpg can die easy if the community is subpar. Who would want to spend money on a game that is full of nothing but rude players? I wouldn't thats why I quit WoW, Aion, Never played gw after my trial. I quit dcuo. And stop'ed playing several f2p mmo.

MMo shouldn't have a leech to cap>> solo content>> look it up on wiki mantality. Why bother with trying to talk to other players of thats all that is gonna happen? Way things are now returning players/ newbies are not getting THAT much help. I see alot of ppl w/o LS's asking questions in shouts. Mostly because all ppl do is afk in port jeuno, leech in caves or in abby. No one really talks in the book burn parties, so you may as well be lvling with npc. Thats why I perfer the old school leveling because people talked. I met a ton of ppl, and joined a ton of LS's over the years via parties.

Heck a year ago when i was doing worm parties I just solo'd worms once my light were capped. I got bored so fast I just left.
    (1)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosina View Post
    (text limit)
    You need a better phone. lol
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    You need a better phone. lol
    if you think the ps3 is a phone.... XD

I'm on my ps3 not a phone. Can't control the UI of the ps3, if i could type right into the websit text box I wouldn't be having a limit. But even with a usb keyboard, the text box pops up. This was a big issue in DCUO... took 3 mjnths for a fix.... after launch.... ~.~ll
    (0)

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast