Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    It's not rocket science to learn how to play your job efficiently, even with GoV book burns and aby burns. There's always going to be bad players in any mmo you play, no matter how they gain their xp. Even with the old-school way, there's always been bads in the game. If anything, the new ffxi just makes them stand out more since they can level fast and get into end-game quicker. There's really no point to change the lvl requirements of abyssea now sense it's become the new standard, and won't make anyone better at their jobs. Bads will always be bad. Stop beating this dead horse of a topic already, there's no reason to do anything about it.
    (6)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by jeopardy View Post
    if anything we should be able to see party members stats, when looking at there bazzar/bio, to rid the game of gimps. if you book burn or cleave a job you should be made to suffer the long hours of skilling
    Yes SE, please let us get rid of this one burn method so we can all go to GoV or even back to smn burn instead.
    (0)

Character
    Nyheen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    dont think most people dont understand. we just want the challenge like the way it was back in the old school pt. we not talking about going back too 150-200 exp a kill on IT mobs. but the kinda fun we had in the old days of exping.

now n days it all about leeching/keying, afking, you tell me what kinda of challenge is that? this is mainly happening in abyssea cause anyone can enter at 30+. even in GOV and FoV people just leeching there, also spaming easy prey mobs is really no challenge,
    when i started a pt with 6 members. (took a long time getting members cause abyssea leech/key only people) at 34+ we was getting like 600+ a kill chains. oh + pages with 2 healer 4 DD, could make any set up work if try. anyways it was FUN & challenging.

most of the people that dont want it at 70+ abyssea only because they lazy and wanna leech to 99. that like if i was to buy FF 13 and put a game shark code right at the start for max stat etc, would be a boring game.lol
    (1)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by nyheen View Post
    dont think most people dont understand. we just want the challenge like the way it was back in the old school pt. we not talking about going back too 150-200 exp a kill on IT mobs. but the kinda fun we had in the old days of exping.
    You obviously don't know what a challange is then. This was pointless grind that was, all be it accidently, gotten rid of. Having to take 1 month to a year to level a job dose not add difficulty to a game, it's nothing more then a time sink in order to gain access to the game's other time sinks. Leveling a job in is no way, shape or form a challange.

Edit: FFXIII was a boring game and deserves to be hacked. Linier leveling is a stupid and lazy was to artificialy inflate the difficulty from people who can't figure out how to construct a propor game. If I want to be lvl50 right after the theater ship crashes in FFIX, I can. If I want to to get Ridia Meteo before I even get Tellah, I can. If I want to be lvl99 5-7 hours after I hit 30, I can. t's your choise weither you want ot grind of not. You're free to go solo that job to 99.
    (6)
    Last edited by Tsukino_Kaji; 07-19-2012 at 03:16 AM.

Character
    Gannon
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Things are only a challenge when they're new. It doesn't take long for people to figure out the easiest way to do something and stick to that method until an even easier one is discovered. Endgame and exp are no different in that regards.
    The option of old school PTs never went away either. If you want to fight IT++'s in 6 man pts all you need to do is find 5 like minded people on your server.
    (6)

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Things are only a challenge when they're new. It doesn't take long for people to figure out the easiest way to do something and stick to that method until an even easier one is discovered. Endgame and exp are no different in that regards.
    The option of old school PTs never went away either. If you want to fight IT++'s in 6 man pts all you need to do is find 5 like minded people on your server.
    some people just really want to smack crabs for hours on end...let them.
    (3)

Character
    Jongalt
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It is easy make it lvl 30 to enter, but to be fair lvl 61 to exp.
    (0)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Did I miss something? How many of these threads do we need to see?

Last I've seen, those colibris/imps camp are all wide open. For those ppl who love and desired to do the old style xp party, here's your chance. No more worry that when you get to camp, there would be 5 other groups there all fighting for the repops. Have fun and enjoy yourselves while you're at it.
    (7)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by nyheen View Post
    You want challenge? Go do Legion!! Please don't be lazy and do a lot of legion and all these so called neo anything without hacking. That should give you plenty of challenge, while you are at it try to get your shiny weapon and armors, should be challenge enough for you. Leveling to 99 should not be a challenge or grind. The game has evolved since 2010, get with the program dude, or find those delusional people who still yearn for the good old days and make your own old school anything with them. I am sure you can find 5 other like minded persons for that. OPTIONS are the new deal now, fast, convenience and fun. Now that the unmentionable is properly resigned, hopefully the future will be bright and a whole lot more fun activities similar to abyssea crack.
    (2)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I swear people asking for Abyssea level caps never did anything in the game except xp parties. SE announced before Abyssea was released that the focus of the game was going to switch to end-game events. They followed up on this well. XP became an obstacle to get to the actual game, not the game itself. Leveling was made appropriately easier so that people could actually play new content using a variety of jobs that most people previously never experienced a fifth of.

The mistake people are making is thinking only about old xp parties as "the game" and assuming when that changed that nothing was created to provide that sense of teamwork and participation. I won't go as far as saying they're challenging, but Abyssea empyrean gear NMs and Voidwatch NMs provide as much potential to learn a job, work as a team and participate as beating on plants and crabs ever did. What's better, they also let you earn gil and gear at the same time you're partying, and you can fight monsters that actually look like monsters instead of household pets.

Personally I think of my time in actual events like Neo-Nyzule, Voidwatch, ADL, Sea, and Abyssea item farming as a vacation from real life. When I go on vacation I take a plane or car to get there, then enjoy the hell out of the event by participating in as much as I can when I'm there. Insisting people xp the old way is like telling people they need to walk to Disneyworld. Riding in a plane isn't the lazy man's way to get to his vacation - it's the affluent smart man's way.
    (5)
    Last edited by Merton9999; 07-19-2012 at 08:50 AM.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast