Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Gungnir Additional Effect issue

Platform: Windows
    ISP: Time Warner Oceanic
    Type of Internet Connection: DSL
    Internet Connection Speed: No Idea
    Date & Time: 7/16/2012, 9:40am HAST/HST (12:40pm PDT; 7/17/2012, 4:40am JST)
    Frequency: 2. Sometimes
    Character Name: Rayix
    Race: Elvaan M
    World: Asura
    Main Job: Dragoon Lv.99
    Support Job: Warrior Lv.49
    Area and Coordinates: Abdaljs Isle-Purgonorgo, H-7
    Party or Solo: Party, 2
    NPC Name: None
    Monster Name: None/Any

Steps:
    Went to Brenner to check on rumors of Gungnir's additional effect misbehaving. Took myself (Drg/War) and my friend, Czephiroth (Pld/War) to Abdaljs Isle-Purgonorgo for a private match to test and record the defense down effects of Dragoon's abilities.
    No additional buffs were used for this test, no food, no protect, no berserk/defender, no def+% gear to throw off the #s.

Base Defense: 554
    Angon (no gloves): 443
    Angon (Aug'd AF2+2 gloves with 5/5 Angon merits): 415
    Gungnir (Lv.95 form) additional effect: 450

Confirmed just a few basic points:
    • Angon (no gloves) is a Defense-20% effect
    • Angon (with gloves) is a Defense-25% effect with 5/5 Angon merits
    • Gungnir's additional effect, reported to be -17%, is in-fact closer to a -18.7% effect on the Lv.95 Form

Onto the issue:
    Gungnir would overwrite Angon, despite being the weaker effect. Angon could overwrite Gungnir's def. down, as expected, but Gungnir overwriting Angon is an error. The general rule for effects is that the stronger effect should always win.

It is not possible for Angon to have worn off prior to Gungnir's additional effect, as Angon is a static duration based on merits. With 5/5, that duration is 90 seconds, or 1:30, if not erased by an effect. We did no such effect to remove Angon early.

Gungnir's effect is nice for the times when Angon isn't up, but if you're fighting a large-scale monster in say Legion, you do NOT want to have the defense down effect downgraded mid-battle while Angon should still be in effect.

Please address this issue so that Gungnir's additional effect cannot take effect while a stronger defense down effect is active.
    (3)

Character
    Czephiroth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I played the role of test dummy in the brenner match, his numbers are taken from my defence at the time.
    I can confirm the issue was present, and the numbers are accurate.
    (0)
    Last edited by Czeph; 07-17-2012 at 05:46 AM.

Greetings, Ryx!

Thank you for posting your concerns about the additional effects of Gugnir. I have made sure to submit all of your information to the development team, and they will thoroughly investigate this matter, based on your report. Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee that a direct response will be posted on this thread, but I do recommend checking here and here for any details regarding the development team's investigation. Thanks again for your report!
    (0)