Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

New Red Mage Spells

I really feel like at this point in the game, pretty much all of the tier 2 merits for Red Mage should just be given to them as regular level 75+ spells. I think that the Dia 3, Bio 3, and Phalanx 2 merits should probably stay and allow you to upgrade these spells (maybe increase defense down/attack down per tier for dia/bio), but having to merit Slow 2, Paralyze 2, and Blind 2 just doesn't seem right for the class that is supposed to be one of the best at Enfeebling.

But here's another idea. Wouldn't it be awesome to see Red Mage with the spells Slowga, Paralyga, Dispelga, Silencega, or Blindga? Perhaps these could be the tier 2 merits for RDM instead? I've never understood why these spells aren't really useable by players (yes I know some of them are). Heck I've always thought Paladin should get Flashga.
    (17)

Character
    Thenomadgrey
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Slowga, Paralyga, Bindga, and Silencega sound like a decent set of spells for RDM to get. It'd give us something that we haven't had in a while, our own spells that nobody else has, or has access too.

I'd also like to toss onto the list, Virus.

As it stands, only monsters at this time can give a player Virus. Maybe it's time some Red Mages studied their virus' and made it into a spell of their own.
    (7)

AoE doesn't really fit RDM's theme. Something like that would go to SCH before RDM got it... though Paralyga might have some farming use.

Virus only prevents the player form gaining MP while resting, which makes it useless to players since mobs don't rest. RDM should get Disease. BLU has it with Lowing, but as I understand it's not that popular among BLUs making it on the rare side, and there's no reason we can't have it as well.

Frankly, I've always wanted to see Confuse. Monsters randomly turning their own attacks on themselves for x% of the damage would be extremely gratifying.
    (1)

Player
    I think he meant plague.
    (1)

And actually, Plague is what I meant to say, as well. Disease is the name of the actual effect.
    (2)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    AoE doesn't really fit RDM's theme. Something like that would go to SCH before RDM got it... though Paralyga might have some farming use.

Virus only prevents the player form gaining MP while resting, which makes it useless to players since mobs don't rest. RDM should get Disease. BLU has it with Lowing, but as I understand it's not that popular among BLUs making it on the rare side, and there's no reason we can't have it as well.

Frankly, I've always wanted to see Confuse. Monsters randomly turning their own attacks on themselves for x% of the damage would be extremely gratifying.
    No it wouldn't. RDM at least has one AoE even if it's lame Diaga, SCH has none. (Accession doesn't count as it's a JA)
    (4)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    No it wouldn't. RDM at least has one AoE even if it's lame Diaga, SCH has none. (Accession doesn't count as it's a JA)
    Yep, we need Diaga II as well, long overdue...
    (8)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I agree with Diaga II and higher tiers of Dia. I'm sick of being level NINETY-NINE and watching mobs at levels lower than me casting it.

I've always agreed with the tier II enfeebles just being scrolls too. This became especially bothersome when BLM and SCH got tier V nukes as scrolls in the 76-99 run but RDM's upgrades to job-defining spells stayed at merit level. I need to clarify that I'm glad those jobs got those spells, but RDM should have been treated the same.

Like a million people have said, change the tier II merit spells into potency and make the spells scrolls.

RDM needs Plague too - or whatever the ailment is that gradually reduces TP. The job vision from long ago suggested this for SCH, which never made sense to me for a job that has exactly 3 enfeebles, all of which require an addendum.
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    RDM also only has the one AoE and happens to sport a skill with no native spells to compliment. Let's not use this particular job as an argument for consistency.

You're right in that SCH's AoE powers derive from JAs, but that just means AoE enfeeble would probably go to WHM and BLM before RDM. Again, it just doesn't fit the job's theme.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    RDM also only has the one AoE and happens to sport a skill with no native spells to compliment. Let's not use this particular job as an argument for consistency.

You're right in that SCH's AoE powers derive from JAs, but that just means AoE enfeeble would probably go to WHM and BLM before RDM. Again, it just doesn't fit the job's theme.
    As does SCH, only with RDM Dia was originally Divine, and RDM originally had Flash... so yeah!

I don't disagree with WHM or BLM, I disagree with SCH. RDM would get an AoE enfeeble before SCH.
    (3)

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast