Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I agree with every single suggestion in Karbuncle's post except for Demi. That sounds a bit overpowered unless you make the accuracy rate horrible or tie it to Chainspell.

I'd also like to see RDM get MATK and MACC down spells. Also, give RDM a variant of Amnesia. Instead of locking job abilities it could have a random chance of blocking TP moves. The activation rate could be set fairly low to keep it balanced.
    (1)

Player
    Making the accuracy rate low would immediately make the spells as useless as Pavor Nocturnus, that isn't going to help at all.

Although I agree the effect could be tweaked/weakened abit lowering base spell accuracy is most definitely not the way to go.
    (1)

Disagree entirely. The spell would be tied to a Job Ability as i mentioned already, Chainspell would be a bad idea because well, Instacasting it over and over would be rather more broken. I figured it'd be tied to a 10 minute ability like Unbridled Learning.

As far as it needing a nerf in accuracy, Disagree even more entirely, Any DD worth half a poop can remove significantly more than a mobs HP Bar in a single WS, Any BLM worth a POO can nuke for more than that spell would do on almost any enemy, 50% of a Normal Enemies HP may sound broken, But even on the level 101~106 Outside Abyssea enemies, thats still only about 2,500-3000 HP, Which is incredibly weak if you consider it, and its even weaker if the enemy is not at 100% HP.

For record, a Unresisted Magic BP can do more Damage than that, a Mercy Stroke? More damage, Ukko's Fury? Oh yeah, More damage. almost Every other job in the game has the ability to blow up that much damage in a single WS, or more. Its not really insanely powerful, its actually quite tame.

The true power of this spell would be in its HNM practices. It would be as powerful as a T-V Nuke, Which isn't game breaking, BLM's can cast that all up and down the street whenever they want without a JA Restriction. The bonus is the Strong Gravity and Bio Effect, which is why it should be tied to a 10 Minute JA.

The Bio Effect would be - 50hp/tic - Duration 1minute.
    The Gravity Effect would be - movement Speed -25~50% - Evasion -30-50 (Its semi-reistable, but not fully) (Same duration as bio)

Putting it on a 10 minute timer, with the additional effects only being 1 minute duration, prevents any "kiting" from being realistic, which i don't know why kiting is a problem but apparently SE is afraid of it. Either way, This spell is way more balanced than you guys are making it sound, Its not that powerful. Its that kind of thought process that keeps RDM a mediocre pile of useless in every endgame event. RDM doesn't need a Mediocre T-IV Nuke tied to a 10 minute timer than does nothing but look pretty on HNMs, what they need are game changers that are actually useful.

My spells might not put a RDM in every event party, But its a good start, They need a unique spell as well, and I think Demi is just good, unless I'm forgotten a non-NM Mob that people regularly need to kill where Demi might be a little broken. But as it stands, Its not broken at all in the grand scheme of things.

Hopefully this explination of how i conceived it to work makes it seems less broken than you thought at first. I know my original description was not thorough, and I apologize.
    (8)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 07-22-2012 at 04:21 AM.

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Dia and Bio could stack. We could get new tiers of enfeebles with higher potency. I would take Stun over Amnesia, since we know how stun works and how poorly new things that are implemented are balanced.

Having a strong DoT presence wouldn't be unwelcome.
    (4)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Just realized theres no Bioga spell. Why not? D:
    (1)

Player
    Did I warp back to the dark ages of Bio being useful? Until it stacks with dia, it isn't useful. If you need to strip shadows, you have diaga.

You don't need it all on fodder mobs.
    (1)

Bio will always, always, always, be useful for RDM Solo Kiting. There's very few fights where RDM solo Kite,But in those fights, Its invaluable.

For 2 Reasons

1) Strong DoT
    2) Attack Down

Defense down from Dia does nothing for magical resistance, Making Bio's much stronger DoT effect, and bonus of attack down (You get hit for less) makes it the most effective spell for Solo kiting.

Again, Very few situations, But its not a dark age spell.
    (4)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Bio will always, always, always, be useful for RDM Solo Kiting. There's very few fights where RDM solo Kite,But in those fights, Its invaluable.

For 2 Reasons

1) Strong DoT
    2) Attack Down

Defense down from Dia does nothing for magical resistance, Making Bio's much stronger DoT effect, and bonus of attack down (You get hit for less) makes it the most effective spell for Solo kiting.

Again, Very few situations, But its not a dark age spell.
    True but now may I ask... would an AoE of Bio truly be useful in this situation?

Honestly, seems doubtful, unless for some reason you are RDM/SCH fighting alot of mobs and using Manifestation Gravity to kite hoards of mobs while simultaneously DoTing them to death, which would be ok other than in that case you would also have Manifestation Bio allowing for the same thing but at a higher tier. Idk I'm putting to much thought into it.
    (0)

God no, AoE Bio is a TURRRBLE idea.
    (0)

I dunno, back in the days when skilling up was really an issue, I imagine arming up with Protect, Phalanx, and Stoneskin with a Bioga followup on Mandragoras or Chigoes would have been a nice combo for Parrying or Guard.

But of course, it'd have had a rather niche use (like Diaga).
    (1)

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast