Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    No, we don't need another diaga... the first one was more than enough for it's one purpose. If we were to get another Dia spell it should be a stronger single tier version.
    (1)

Character
    Thenomadgrey
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    I think he meant plague.
    Yeah, I meant Plague. ^^; I only thought of Virus because Viruna gets rid of both effects.

Inflicting Disease onto a monster would be fun as RDM. Besides Lowig, which I forgot about, there is only one other way to inflict this on a monster. Blade Bash: Which is a Merited SAM ability.
    (0)
    Last edited by Muse; 07-18-2012 at 01:36 PM.

I completely disagree that these -ga spells don't "fit RDM" simply because RDM doesn't get access to many AOEs. That's not a very good reason to keep from giving them the spells. Every single class in the game has access to at least one AOE whether it is magic or WS.

And for the record I'd like to add Sleepga 1 to the list... 1 and no higher tiers.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Rooj View Post
    I completely disagree that these -ga spells don't "fit RDM" simply because RDM doesn't get access to many AOEs. That's not a very good reason to keep from giving them the spells. Every single class in the game has access to at least one AOE whether it is magic or WS.

And for the record I'd like to add Sleepga 1 to the list... 1 and no higher tiers.
    It does get access to "at least one AoE," both casted and Weapon Skill in Diaga and Circle Blade.

And it doesn't fit RDM's theme because RDM is defined by it's smaller-scale, individual actions, rather than party and alliance-wide actions. That's why you see jobs like WHM, BLM, and SCH with AoEs, and not RDM.

Though I will agree, I think I'd prefer Sleepga over Diaga as a sole AoE.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sunrider; 07-19-2012 at 05:34 AM.

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Cleave all the things with Aeolian Edge if you are a real RDM.

But yeah, single target is generally the rule. We lack potency, not the ability to multi-target. RDM/SCH already has that covered pretty well.
    (2)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Oh and freaking add Regen 3 to the list. The highest tier is 5? C'mon!
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Rooj View Post
    Oh and freaking add Regen 3 to the list. The highest tier is 5? C'mon!
    And scale the Regens better.

Regen 2 at 80+ is unquestionably appalling.
    (3)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    We could use stun...still
    (2)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    You know you're just going to get "Bind II".
    (4)

Here's a list of spells i think would make fine additions to the RDM arsenal

Plague - Reduces Enemy MP and TP.
    Phalanx III - Reduces Damage of Party Memebers in Range. Stronger than Phalanx 1 by about 10 points of damage.
    Slow III - Reduces Attack Speed by 75%. - Why? Because it needs to be stronger than the level 58~ BRD spell.
    Paralyze III - Proc Rate Soft cap at about 35% (Higher with the JA)
    Dia IV - Defense -20%
    Bio IV - Attack -20%
    Blind III -
    Demi - Unlocked by Special Job Ability - Reduces Enemy HP By up to 50% of Remaining HP. I.e If he's at 25% HP, THe strongest it can do is 12.5% unresisted. Move can be resisted. Certain HNMs take heavy Damage instead of Cut to HP (I.E Instead of dealing a straight %, It would as powerful as about a Tier V, and instill a strong Gravity and Bio Effect. Accuracy Based on Enfeebling Skill). With Capped Enfeebling Magic, It should land on most normal monster with 95% Accuracy for 50% HP cut.

Now, Don't give me this "Waah waah merit" crap, Ancient Magic II was outdated by the cap increase, RDM Merits need to be as well if the job wants to go anywhere. With that being said, I'd like to propose this compromise. All RDM Merit spells should be learned naturally through leveling up 76+ By Use of Scrolls... and...

Category 2 RDM Merits need to be scrapped, and replaced with -

Dia Effect - Increases Defense Down Effect of Dia by 1%, and Damage over time effect by 1 per merit.
    Bio Effect - Increases the Attack down effect of Bio by 1%, and Damage over Time Effect by 3 Per Merit.
    Slow Effect - Increases the Potency of Slow Effect by 2% Per Merit.
    Paralyze Effect - Increases the Potency of Paralyze Effect by 2% Per Merit.
    Blind Effect - Increases the Accuracy loss of Enemy by 2% per merit.
    Phalanx Effect - Increases the Damage absorbed through Phalanx by 2 Per Merit.

This means, RDM Cat 2 merits aren't made worthlesss by addition of new spells, and the job just got a little more appealing, if just for a few things.
    (17)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 07-21-2012 at 05:45 AM.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast