Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Eitheta View Post
    Rather than give RDM upgraded versions of existing spells, I think it should be made to stand on its own with a few unique things.
    REFLECT
    I would make it more like Liement, a 10 second buff that annuls the first offensive magic spell but instead of healing the RDM it inflicts the same amount of damage on the target.

MINI
    Attack&Defense, sure. But character models can't shrink in FFXI, only be replaced. (THis would break lock, interrupt casting, etc). So I'd say no to that last bit.

TOAD
    Again, model changes are bad.

STOP
    Too similar to break. Instead, make it a debuff that negates and blocks any and all haste and slow effects, including those gained from gear, traits or spells. (Dual Wield and Martial Arts excluded.)

DEATH
    Great for pesky links, however it would make it more of a utility spell with normal cast, recast and success rate. The target essentially despawns rather then dies, as if pulled out of it's area and unagrod. This ensures it respawns shortly after with no rewards whatsoever.

FOG
    Could just call it Amnesia, and like gravity would only work on regular mobs.

A line of spells that I have rarely seen anyone suggest are Negaters. Like Banish on undead negating Damage Taken-, RDM could get a line of spells that does just that on other stats on other monsters, but only if there is something to negate. Things like Physical/Magic Damage Taken, Double/Triple/Quadruple Attack, Fast Cast, etc. Only one of these could be active of a mob. (The Stop suggestion above would be such a Negater.)
    (1)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

TOAD
    Again, model changes are bad.
    Toad's already in the game though, I just dunno how it'd work on Enemies >_>.

(well, "Toad" the spell is only in the dats, but we can be Toaded by Toads )
    (0)

Player
    I think SE should allow Redmage to cast TEMPER or give us TEMPER II as a single spell on party members like phalanx II.

A Haste II spell would be nice right about now that cap is 99 of course there are ways to counter issues of making the spell too over powered. For one, they could make it so songs, other haste related buffs do not stack. Allow haste II have a longer duration but also prevent the spell from being over written by other haste spells. Also I noticed ton of mobs can overwrite haste with slow and not allow you to re haste until you erase slow first, so Haste 2 would be nice if we can overwrite slow.

As for new spells that other jobs don't have here is my suggestion:

Some new enhancing spells would be nice. Kinda like the stuff you see on equipment.
    This would sure put redmage back in the game if we could...

Enhance Cure Potency 10% (Casts on whm)
    Enhance Elemental Magic +15 (Cast on Nuke Job)
    Enhance Enhancing Magic +15 (Cast on Sch)
    Enhance Dark Skill potency 10%
    Enhance Parry Skill 10%
    Enhance Charm Accuracy 10%
    Reduce Spellcasting time of party member by 5%
    (And so on... These are just examples)

(I mean you gave most mage jobs Boost stats spells, why not give rdm back it's swag with these type of boost or enhance for a duration spell?)

Instead of taking away what could be a red mages job from temp items...
    Protection spells for Doom, Death, Terrorize would be nice.

Resist spells could work too. Can also prevent this from being over powered by making it "Occassionally Resist"
    Resist stun 10%
    Resist bind 10%

I understand a lot of gear out there for this but there's a big difference between permanent gear, most definitely outdated wasting space in auction house, doesn't work for all jobs or sorry to say but looks too ugly to wear or the gear is low level and did i already mention outdated? Plus people just don't have the inventory space to be carrying every piece of gear. If Redmage could utilize certain spells it would only be limited for a short time within the party anyways. If it can stack with gear, certain gear or limited then that would be a big plus. But mainly these would give redmage a unique type of work in the party.

A spell that would allow party member to resist for 1 spell would be cool.
    (Like allow member to resist 1 enfeebling magic spell)

I'm Sure SE could make this work, I mean if there is an issue where people might think this will unbalance the game, they could catagorize these spells so each person could only wear one and not multiple buffs by overwriting the current buff.

A spell that could either remove weaken status or speed up the process after death. This would be awesome, I can see redmage being invited to every single event for just this 1 cause.

As a person who plays mostly mage jobs. It's boring just shell, protect, cure, raise over and over... Lol give us some new ways to play our jobs differently

More spells mean players would have to balance between mp cost, time management, and a variety of different strategies during event.

Oh and please for the love of life remove the "Completely Immune resist"
    If we spent all this time leveling to 99, capping our skill, collecting the "proper" gear then please allow us to use those spells. I can understand mob building a resistance over time or highly resist certain spells but to "completely resist is making the spells completely useless"

It's quite embarrassing being 99 scholar with capped merit on Modus Veritas and 9/10 misses on bosses...
    (1)
    Last edited by Daemon; 06-09-2013 at 02:23 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    I think SE should allow Redmage to cast TEMPER or give us TEMPER II as a single spell on party members like phalanx II.
    See I will always disagree with this idea, no matter why it comes up its never a good idea in my opinion, its just another buff we would be cycling around in parties like Haste, I could do without that myself. The point of the spell is to make RDM's melee suck less so that it could have a better front line presence, one people completely ignore, by giving us Temper as a spell we can cast on others its simply catering to that kind of person yet again, the same way our AF3 did when it got all mage stats and they ignored melee because the player base jumps on anyone who shows even the slightest bit of care for RDM melee.

A Haste II spell would be nice right about now that cap is 99 of course there are ways to counter issues of making the spell too over powered. For one, they could make it so songs, other haste related buffs do not stack. Allow haste II have a longer duration but also prevent the spell from being over written by other haste spells. Also I noticed ton of mobs can overwrite haste with slow and not allow you to re haste until you erase slow first, so Haste 2 would be nice if we can overwrite slow.
    So far as Haste II goes, they already said something about adding it earlier, I forgot where, might have been the Dev post in this thread but to lazy to search for it honestly.

Some new enhancing spells would be nice. Kinda like the stuff you see on equipment.
    This would sure put redmage back in the game if we could...

Enhance Cure Potency 10% (Casts on whm)
    Enhance Elemental Magic +15 (Cast on Nuke Job)
    Enhance Enhancing Magic +15 (Cast on Sch)
    Enhance Dark Skill potency 10%
    Enhance Parry Skill 10%
    Enhance Charm Accuracy 10%
    Reduce Spellcasting time of party member by 5%
    (And so on... These are just examples)

(I mean you gave most mage jobs Boost stats spells, why not give rdm back it's swag with these type of boost or enhance for a duration spell?)
    So far as boost spells go, we have those already in the form of gains, they are simply single target like most of our enhancing that is not shared with others.

Instead of taking away what could be a red mages job from temp items...
    Protection spells for Doom, Death, Terrorize would be nice.
    An idea similar to this, but not exactly the same, a spell enfeeble which removes Enfeebling effects from a mobs attacks, stronger ones like Doom, Death, or Terror, would require Sabo, but in the end it would be a similar effect and an enfeeble.

A spell that could either remove weaken status or speed up the process after death. This would be awesome, I can see redmage being invited to every single event for just this 1 cause.
    That would be for WHM, same with your idea of resisting a single spell which already exists in the form of Divine Caress

As a person who plays mostly mage jobs. It's boring just shell, protect, cure, raise over and over... Lol give us some new ways to play our jobs differently
    See that's part of the problem with your posts on RDM man, you think of it only from a mage perspective as many people do, there are enough mages, SCH fills the only mage spot a RDM really could or should as a pure mage. I have said it many times and continue to repeat it, our magic side is fine aside from some unique spells for Enfeebling or Enhancing, more Enfeebling than anything as the majority of the Enhancing spells we need are tied to melee adjustments we also need.

Oh and please for the love of life remove the "Completely Immune resist"
    If we spent all this time leveling to 99, capping our skill, collecting the "proper" gear then please allow us to use those spells. I can understand mob building a resistance over time or highly resist certain spells but to "completely resist is making the spells completely useless"
    Very few if any new mobs have had this since Adoulin actually, I would not be surprised if it was their way of testing it like with the level correction idea to see how it would work, if it works well, they might spread it around like they said they would with level correction.

It's quite embarrassing being 99 scholar with capped merit on Modus Veritas and 9/10 misses on bosses...
    That is unrelated to RDM.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    See I will always disagree with this idea, no matter why it comes up its never a good idea in my opinion, its just another buff we would be cycling around in parties like Haste, I could do without that myself. The point of the spell is to make RDM's melee suck less so that it could have a better front line presence, one people completely ignore, by giving us Temper as a spell we can cast on others its simply catering to that kind of person yet again, the same way our AF3 did when it got all mage stats and they ignored melee because the player base jumps on anyone who shows even the slightest bit of care for RDM melee.
    Red mage Melee suck less was thrown out the door long time ago because of gears adding Double, triple, quadruple attack etc that RDM can't even wear.

You are looking at Red mage only from Melee POV. Redmage is still a mage class job. It doesn't hurt to have another extra spell to cast on other people. "Especially a spell unique that other mages dont have." It doesnt have to be another spell to cycle through like haste given that redmage in general is known for being the enfeebler/stunner in most situations, we know MP cost of spells are expensive and SE could set timers to prevent the spell from being over used, but atleast give us new spells that could allow us to help support others in party. You don't see RDM hired to cast Phalanx II on everybody as first priority. With this job having the fastest "fast cast" I don't see how this would be a bad idea. Temper in general isn't powerful enough to be a WOW factor, maybe if it was Triple attack or something higher like Quadruple attack then that would be a "Wow let's get a RDM". It only grants double attack occassionally. Something SE already watered down by giving everyone better gear that RDM can't even wear like Eponas Ring?

How many people do you see rush to invite Red Mage to be the "Front Line Job"? I barely even see people invite us for Backline job and this is the reason why I suggested this. I also thought temper was added to help RDM "solo" better.

It would be nice to be invited for other types of support spells other than Haste. Most invites I've gotten people expect me to be main healer and haste as Red Mage >.>

So far as boost spells go, we have those already in the form of gains, they are simply single target like most of our enhancing that is not shared with others.
    Read what I said again. I said new enhancing spells that would add something like Cure Potency 10% for a duration. Etc.
    RDM Gain Spells are the same as whm boost spells, and now GEO has all these stat buffs too. I did suggest something different.

That would be for WHM, same with your idea of resisting a single spell which already exists in the form of Divine Caress
    And Regen I-IV spells are only for WHM too right? >.>
    Divine caress is not a spell... It is a Job Ability.

See that's part of the problem with your posts on RDM man, you think of it only from a mage perspective as many people do, there are enough mages, SCH fills the only mage spot a RDM really could or should as a pure mage. I have said it many times and continue to repeat it, our magic side is fine aside from some unique spells for Enfeebling or Enhancing, more Enfeebling than anything as the majority of the Enhancing spells we need are tied to melee adjustments we also need.
    Well the title of this thread is "Red Mage Spells"

I'm not suggesting SE give us another Mage job, I'm suggesting how they could make the mage side of the job better >.>
    Not all of us play Red Mage as a "Front Line Melee Job" like you, there are some of us who still do play the job as a mage. Infact all redmage AF and gear stats are aimed toward making the job be a better tank or mage.

We use to be known as the only job that could Refresh until SE gave other jobs the same, we use to be invited to be the enfeebler/kiter, then SE added Resist, Completly Immune/Resist to all NMs taking away another useful job we use to be hired for... Gravity spells doesn't even work on what 99% of the bosses in game now before Adoulin release.

There was a time redmage "was" unique and special... There was a time all spells worked regardless... Now it's just another one of those jobs being pushed aside that people began to care less about.

I was there back in the day when we were invited to every single event to refresh mages. We were so popular that people put us as first priority for exp parties, BCNM, HNM, in the days when it was almost impossible to solo bigger things that we can do now.
    I was there when we were invited to be the Kiter for HNM, our ability to tank decent damage and slow down bosses with gravity so other jobs could rest MP or give people time to unweaken from death.

When SE took these things away from us, they took away the fun and now we are "just another mage with the same ability other jobs can do" or what other jobs can provide through subbing RDM because quite honestly what other spells beyond level 49 is good enough to define RDM as a "Must" in a party? Gravity 2 broken, Temper is a solo spell, dia II has been good enough to manage without RDM, Bio II has been good enough to manage without RDM. Phalanx can be AOE through Accession. Enspells don't make a big enough difference to WOW people.

Seriously SE needs to give us either something that no other job can do or give us more powerful spells that noticeably makes a difference.

Where are the high numbers we are accustomed to seeing in all other FF games? I saw a video last year of a blm dealing over 50k damage on FF14, no brew, only regular spell.

Everyone loves big numbers...

That is unrelated to RDM.
    I know that. I just pointed out that it's embarrassing to be a level 99 and can't even land a maxed merit ability let alone how pointless it is to make us level to 99, max skill, spend millions of gil and countless amounts of precious time to get AF, Relic+2 or any other gear specific to the job only to be "completely immune or Resisted"

To me it's a huge waste of time. What's the point of trying to reach the highest goal if it doesn't even work?
    (2)
    Last edited by Daemon; 06-10-2013 at 05:53 AM.

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    @daemon: save your breath, i tried to convince people here, that buffing at least the mage part of RDM would fix the job in a appropriate direction so it would be usefull again. People dont want to listen to that. I even suggested changes that would bring RDM SCH and WHM in line together with each mage having its unique big 1 spell for a buff. But yeah save your breath its not worth it.
    (1)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    It's really not. They are fixated on being a BLU and throwing CDC instead of having their own niche. They ask to be on DEX gear so that they can clog their inventory space and not have enough room to be a well geared mage.

I've asked for magical melee fixes that incorporate things like better enspells, Occult Accumen, and magic attack based WSs like Uriel Blade from Campaign and all they want to do is talk about RDM should be BLU. It gets rather tiring.

Apparently wasting time talking about WSs we are the worst at using is more constructive to them then focusing on our gear and coming up with solutions that would compliment our strengths.
    (1)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    They are fixated on being a BLU
    What I want and ask for is as much about being a BLU as all of the magic adjustments are about people wanting it to be a SCH. Do you know why I focus on melee when I ask for adjustments? Because it deserves to be part of the job, it is built into the job yet poorly utilized in every way. What happens when RDM's melee falls even further behind its magic? Meleeing becomes even more worthless, because then on top of everything else your expected to do you have more spells to cast and more to keep watch for.

Let me give you a for instance, say I could cast Temper on everyone with the same recast as RDM, its effected by Enhancing Magic so cant stack FC gear as easily. In the list of what I have to do, Cure, Haste, Blind, Para, Slow, Addle, Gravity, Dia III, maintain Pro/Shell, and maintain my own self buffs like Gain-MND for Enfeebles. On top of all of these things I already do while maging you are talking about adding another buff which I have to throw in the cycle, Temper, and some other things as well like new buffs for other mages or new enfeebles that are slight variations on current ones. At no time in my dreams I could I melee in this situation because of how much casting I am doing, let alone if they added more spells because more spells is more backline time, and in the end, I do not know if I could fit these spells in anyways because of how busy I am in truly hard fights like the Morimar T4, the first NM I have had to fight in a long time that made me feel like RDM backlining had a reason for existence anymore.

But do you want to know the flaw in all of this? As I just pointed out, RDM has to much to do in a real fight for it to melee. We have nothing to solve that, which is problematic because its the reason RDM can not do it well when supporting as much as it really should be. If the only way to move RDM into parties is to leave melee behind and boost its magic then its something I would rather not have, because that's not RDM, RDM is supposed to be the mage with a blade and some real combat ability, even if its not a WAR or a SAM. So I have to ask, if all my adjustments want to make the job into BLU, why is it all of everyone else's adjustments don't want to make us into SCH? Because that's basically the same thing, I ask for better melee, well, when you take it down to the basics BLU is a job which can melee well, and cast some useful spells, SCH is what? A job with access to white and black magics, guess what RDM does in the magic department...

This entire part is basically to you all, not aimed at any one person. I hope you all understand what I am trying to get across, that if you buff the magic side of RDM without including its melee side into it in a useful and powerful way then melee falls even further behind. I personally get enough shit from people because I melee as a RDM and thanks to how the job is currently I am looked at as though I said "Hey guys I'm coming on SCH to melee, I have my TP & Shattersoul right here along with my 99Emp I made so my SCH does more damage!" because that's how poorly RDM melee is thought of by most it seems.

They ask to be on DEX gear so that they can clog their inventory space and not have enough room to be a well geared mage.
    Ya know what, yeah, I want that DEX gear, more importantly, I want real light DD gear, gear that BLU has? Maybe, probably because its put on the light DD gear, is it a hybrid? Yeah, it is, so are we, seems good and ripe for comparison if you ask me. You wanna know what I really want out of this? Its not DEX gear, or STR gear, or even some other things like Crit Damage, what I want, is some good TP gear, I find it hard to believe that asking for some better TP gear is such a bad thing! Look at our TP set, best set, just got an upgrade, new 9% Haste Belt, with NQ you can swap out Brego Gloves for Fea's, some extra STR & DEX, literally 2 STR, and 7 DEX, while we lose 9 Accuracy. That was our upgrade, an inadvertent melee upgrade for RDM. Show me the other melee gear we got, the DW earrings that cant live up to Brut/Supa on RDM? The new DA earrings that are only good for KoR, DB, and nothing more on RDM?

I might seem to favor melee more than magic on RDM when I ask for adjustments but I like to think I have a reason. Its a component built into the job, something we are supposed to be able to do in some respectable form. Instead, our melee gets scraps for gear, random mage pieces like Shedir body with its Haste, Attack, and Accuracy, or Rubeus Spats with its STR, Haste, and Accuracy, they stand out above others. We have some other random pieces we get occasionally like Bregos, or Kudzu, which are enough to let us know they think RDM can melee, but refuse to do anything for it.

So please, inform me as to why I should not be fixated on the melee being fixed up a bit first, I would love for someone to show me how its caught up to our magic so its not simply being left behind if we got this sort of change. Better yet, when you come up with these spell ideas, think of melee too, because in most of them its always the same, melee is all that's focused on, or magic is all that's focused on, why not be true to the job and do both!? Come up with magic that enhances our melee more than it does already to balance it out, as well as ideas to enhance our melee directly, then it would be fine. But just magic enhancements, no, that makes melee even worse, because there are even more things your doing than before, leaving less time to fight up close, taking that away from the job, and as I have said many times before, turning us into SCH, but with some slightly altered features.
    (2)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Yeah, we're still not on Light DD gear and you still haven't accepted that yet. There is a ton of MAB to exploit, but apparently you can only see the need for DEX. We don't have Dex bonuses on our magic like BLU. The only thing we need DEX for is a WS that doesn't really do work outside of Aby.

None of our WSs really do work and they never will because all of our native ones are physical, while we are clearly a mage. Doesn't mean we can't fight. Doesn't mean Temper doesn't do wonders for our TP gain. But after we get TP, we blow it on subpar damage.

We will never do better numbers than any actual DD so long as we are dependent of physical WSs. Our TP phase numbers are always going to suck because that's the way the job was designed.

If you want to keep arguing this, then just remind me what set we are always put on when they break it down into heavy, light, and mage.

We aren't a light DD. We shouldn't be on light DD gear. We are a mage. We should have WSs that make use for a mage to excel at.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    Yeah, we're still not on Light DD gear and you still haven't accepted that yet. There is a ton of MAB to exploit, but apparently you can only see the need for DEX. We don't have Dex bonuses on our magic like BLU. The only thing we need DEX for is a WS that doesn't really do work outside of Aby.
    Allow me to attempt to make this clear.

I WANT TP GEAR NOT DEX GEAR!

Besides that, CDC is still going to be our best WS outside of Abyssea once we can use it on Excalibur because unless Attack is very low on our side, Req loses to it, and KoR sucks by compare even with the gear gap we have with STR/MND and DEX.

None of our WSs really do work and they never will because all of our native ones are physical, while we are clearly a mage. Doesn't mean we can't fight. Doesn't mean Temper doesn't do wonders for our TP gain. But after we get TP, we blow it on subpar damage.
    Even if we had magic WSs which were actually good we would have crap for TP damage still which brings down our overall DPS.

We will never do better numbers than any actual DD so long as we are dependent of physical WSs. Our TP phase numbers are always going to suck because that's the way the job was designed.
    No kidding, part of what needs fixed as it correlates into an overall problem with the jobs melee performance. Our DPS is trash while TPing and our WSs are not all to good either because the only ones we have good gear for are bad WSs in general due to a few defects in them.

If you want to keep arguing this, then just remind me what set we are always put on when they break it down into heavy, light, and mage.
    Yeah, I know, that exact reason is why our melee is trash, and even though some few jobs like PUP or BST get put on 2 sets sometimes without much reason, RDM is never given that treatment, why? Who knows, but its annoying as hell and why I always ask for the gear, because there is no reason we should not have it when other jobs do get 2 sets at times, I mean look at RUN, they got 2 sets too, they got the exact two sets I always wanted too, magic, and light DD... Another slap in the face from that job!

We aren't a light DD. We shouldn't be on light DD gear.
    We are a hybrid, a mix of light DD and mage, yes, and we are screwed on 99% of gear that would help us be more relevant. Does that mean we are not a mage? No, we are, but we are also a melee job, a side of us which as you pointed out, is greatly ignored by SE when it comes to gear. Shown since level 75 cap was broken, the amount of melee relevant gear before and after is vastly different, as is the quality, while every other job has shot way up in what stats they get, we have slowly crawled up. Before the cap was broken jobs enjoyed some ok amounts of haste, nothing by todays standards, but at the time RDM was actually on quite a bit of good gear. Were we top DDs? No, but so far as lighter DDs go we had some nice gear actually, as we have moved on to the current day most light DDs have a wealth of Double and Triple Attack gear, some Quad attack gear even, though its not in the same numbers as DA & TA. Whats RDM got for those kind of stats? Well, the only good piece of Triple Attack gear I can think of honestly is... Calmecac Trousers, a piece of gear which lowers the vital stat in charge of actually hitting the enemy, a stat we generally lack to begin with! These kinds of differences are what put us behind. Imagine what a piece of gear like the Thaumas body would do, nice amount of Acc, tons of multi-attack, sounds like it would be amazing, but to bad, SE does not give us good melee gear, only scraps like Kudzu, which remains our best.

We are a mage. We should have WSs that make use for a mage to excel at.
    I would be happy with a mage WS that does not suck, but we need more than a single WS to fix our melee problems.
    (1)

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast