Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38
    Player
    I'm not going to sit here and let anyone give Red Mages questionable advice. Red Mage is in a deep enough hole already and anyone looking to play it needs all the help they can get. How you set up your macros is pretty darn important.
    (4)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by cidbahamut View Post
    I'm not going to sit here and let anyone give Red Mages questionable advice. Red Mage is in a deep enough hole already and anyone looking to play it needs all the help they can get. How you set up your macros is pretty darn important.
    You would really continue to make more arguments spanning more threads across this forum just for a this? I doubt anyone who reads or posts on this forum is impressionable enough to actually take after a single persons ideas on a macro which isn't all to flawed seeing as its a big giant 2~3 seconds cast time for poison and Bio, if its bad, they will quickly learn to stop. Not worth turning another thread into a fest...
    (3)

Player
    Bro, you're derailing the thread at this point. Just let it go.
    (2)

Character
    Ashbringer
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The problem is that SE are happy to let their customers attack each other over these issues, instead of spending a little time in development to fix a fundamental flaw. They have told us it won't happen, like they told us for years with the 75 cap going up, RDM hitting the front line effectively, and chocobo breeding.

All those things made it in.

However, SE have a very thick history of poor technical knowledge, but with them being a JP company, are often too proud to admit to or accept they have made a fundamental mistake in design. I can only imagine how much head bowing took place at head office when XIV got the go ahead for a rebuild (and I lolled so much at how the 2 desginers spent around 20 minutes at the start of the first 2 videos just bowing their heads and apologising). What they need to do is absorb like World of Warcraft has done. Look at their addons. Omen is now ingame, Prattle is now ingame, Deadly Boss Mods for the most part is ingame, Quest Helper, and many many more, because their community, while vile to the point of execution, is listened to far more than this games.

We aren't asking for you to change the world SE, just get over yourselves and give us the basic functionality the game should have had since Patch 1. This is a simple list:

Unlimited, or greatly extended macro slot lines
    (You gave us more macros in total, now let us expand them)
    TP Viewer across Alliance
    (how you haven't put this in yet, when one of the core battlefunctions relies on it is beyond any normal reasoning)
    Ability to stop your target blinking when selected
    (another core mechanic that while great in function, in practicality drives you mental)

If you can honestly say that the above 3 functions are not possible because the PS2's power won't allow it, then im sorry, but your developers are seriously lacking in education. I can tell you now that a version of the above functions are available for both Xbox and PS2 also, so if a few smalltime basement fans can knock up something like that and plop it onto a memory card, im pretty sure a multi-national billion dollar company can too. Heck, if you don't know how to do it, contact the makers of said softwares and for heavens sake BUY IT, or ASK THEM HOW IT'S DONE, or
    HIRE THEM AND EDUCATE YOUR CURRENT EXCUSE GIVING TEAM!
    (9)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 0nionKn1ght View Post
    so if a few smalltime basement fans can knock up something like that and plop it onto a memory card, im pretty sure a multi-national billion dollar company can too. Heck, if you don't know how to do it, contact the makers of said softwares and for heavens sake BUY IT, or ASK THEM HOW IT'S DONE, or HIRE THEM AND EDUCATE YOUR CURRENT EXCUSE GIVING TEAM!
    So many lols at that, so funny because its so true!
    (6)

Character
    Ashbringer
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Had to rewrite it so many times to avoid sounding too ranty or abusive, but the more I think on it, the more ridiculous SE look for hiding behind such paper thin excuses. I will never be abusive or rude towards a games developer, as the fact that they are even making the game in the first place is more than I can expect from most of the human race, but I will provide feedback, and passionately.

I love them so much for their games, but they infuriate me with their excuses around simple issues, that even me, with my limited knowledge of game design, have been able to theoretically solve using Google and a little trial and error.

They really need to get past this ideal of banning and suspending for use of certain things, and instead work out why they are being used, and implement their use, like they did with adding a windowed mode. More and more though, it just seems they are making excuses on the spur of the moment. I can't see how after 10 years of feedback on this specific issue, it still hasn't been solved, and yet we have pixies that cure and buff you, boss monsters that react to emotes, job specific emotes that can be cast on other players, and jobs that allow manipulation of the games weather. All that tech, and yet popping extensions into a pre-existing system is impossible because the PS2 would get upset.

SE, give it up and just get it done, your fans falter each time you claim it can't be, because it can, and it has.
    (6)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Perhaps, but I do not have any doubts of them having the know, rather just not having the want.

That, and the resources (as in money), but more of the want, since they seem intent to keep the macro-system as is for some reason. Can be nothing but interested to see what the new UI with the 'plug-ins' will bring, but I'm not too hopeful of it helping with this due to their responses.

Oh well, time will tell.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38