Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I don't think people find it a problem nowadays to find what they are looking for. For Voidwatch they just do massive shouts and generally spots will be filled fairly quickly. Abyssea party depend on what time of the day, on busy time, tons of people waiting with their flags up at worm party camp, you never run out of people to invite. Seal farm usually done with LS or your buddy, but then random shout still works too. Magian trials are done the same way, via random shout or you just go to the zone and search and ask them to team up - can also seek with comments. Skill ups party usually done solo anyway in abyssea, the loner who do it in GoV usually do not mind teaming up. So you see, there is hardly any need for auto finder. But if they are going to do it, they should do it like how WoW did theirs, pooling people across server for an instanced dungeon.
    (0)

Character
    Bullseyee
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    I don't think people find it a problem nowadays to find what they are looking for. For Voidwatch they just do massive shouts and generally spots will be filled fairly quickly. Abyssea party depend on what time of the day, on busy time, tons of people waiting with their flags up at worm party camp, you never run out of people to invite. Seal farm usually done with LS or your buddy, but then random shout still works too. Magian trials are done the same way, via random shout or you just go to the zone and search and ask them to team up - can also seek with comments. Skill ups party usually done solo anyway in abyssea, the loner who do it in GoV usually do not mind teaming up. So you see, there is hardly any need for auto finder. But if they are going to do it, they should do it like how WoW did theirs, pooling people across server for an instanced dungeon.
    we all know that , and i never said anyone had a problem with how things are now but there's always room from improvement and making things better. no offense but you sound like someone that doesn't like change cause in almost every post you've made, you say something on the lines of "how things are now, just leave it the way it is".

so there is a need for autofinder to make things easier so people don't have to wait around or wait in lines that people sometimes do. there are many reasons why an autofinder would be a great addition, I know you can't see that because you like the way things are now but i believe ffxi always has room for improvements. open your mind, stop looking at what there is now and step out of the box for a bit.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulls View Post
    we all know that , and i never said anyone had a problem with how things are now but there's always room from improvement and making things better. no offense but you sound like someone that doesn't like change cause in almost every post you've made, you say something on the lines of "how things are now, just leave it the way it is".

so there is a need for autofinder to make things easier so people don't have to wait around or wait in lines that people sometimes do. there are many reasons why an autofinder would be a great addition, I know you can't see that because you like the way things are now but i believe ffxi always has room for improvements. open your mind, stop looking at what there is now and step out of the box for a bit.
    Isn't there already an autofinder?
    (0)

I didnt read all the posts tbh but what I think it would be a good solution is to restrict abyssea to 70+ only... One of the reasons is because you dont have that real need to upgrade your gear each couple of lvls... Ppl nowadays just go exp naked then farm their AF3 and thats it... At least for me each gear i could wear after lvling was very rewarding and fun... That would bring back the old style parties and let the higher lvl players into abyssea style party (which i find awesome, but not from 30) well those are my 2 cents to this thread... I know that not everyone will agree but I know that we all have different opinions.
    (0)
    My friends make this game even better

People will go where ever they get the most exp/hour or other stuff worth their time.

If they added 600k/h 6-man camps that showered you with gil, people would have the exact same attitude to abyssea alliances as they now have to 6-man parties.

"lol abyssea r u dumb? you want to go back to 200k/h parties?"
    (0)
    Last edited by Mirage; 08-12-2012 at 11:47 PM.

Character
    Bullseyee
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Isn't there already an autofinder?
    not that I know of, the autofinder im thinking of would automatically find the jobs you need, put them all in an alliance or 6 man party without looking for them or doing the /sea all , and then warp you to selective area of your choice.

the seeking system they have now is manually done
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulls View Post
    not that I know of, the autofinder im thinking of would automatically find the jobs you need, put them all in an alliance or 6 man party without looking for them or doing the /sea all , and then warp you to selective area of your choice.

the seeking system they have now is manually done
    That sounds awesome. I would love for there to have been a system like that from the get go. Sort of like finding matches in a FPS game, where it would just pair you up and give you some options for battlefields. Unfortunately, I think the dev team is gonna look at this idea1 and go "Sounds like a lot of work. We'll keep that in mind for our next MMO. In the mean time, there's abyssea right over there. Have fun.".

I wish they had done what you just described from the games inception though. It would probably have made the game far more popular than it was / is.
    (1)

Character
    Bullseyee
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    That sounds awesome. I would love for there to have been a system like that from the get go. Sort of like finding matches in a FPS game, where it would just pair you up and give you some options for battlefields. Unfortunately, I think the dev team is gonna look at this idea1 and go "Sounds like a lot of work. We'll keep that in mind for our next MMO. In the mean time, there's abyssea right over there. Have fun.".

I wish they had done what you just described from the games inception though. It would probably have made the game far more popular than it was / is.

lol ya, at least the idea is out there so they can see it! maybe they'll think about it lols
    (0)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8