Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulls View Post
    The only person I've insulted is you, because of your tone and words towards my Idea. There are better ways to give constructive criticism than bashing someones idea into the ground because you don't agree with it. And I don't give two shits about a reputation. People can think of me whatever they want. That's none of my concern.
    Lol. Nothing I have said has "bashed" your idea into the ground. I'm pointing out you're not thinking at all about anyone but yourself.

All you see if "I want to exp 6 man" - And from there, You don't care who suffers or any of the consequences of this drastic change in exp style. You're view is short-sighted, You haven't thought it out, and the only reasonable thing you've suggested is an Auto-finder for exp, But even that would have a lot of fleshing out and repercussions to consider.

You haven't thought it out enough, You haven't thought of how it would effect level 65~90 Players who might not be invited to 91~+ Exp parties, And how they would get exp after this update, since Exp is mainly around Abyssea, which level 65~75 Players would have a tough time doing reasonably. Especially needing someone to key the boxes, slowing down exp, and taking someone away from the job of DD, WHM, or what have you.

It would also make finding exp parties on "undesirable" jobs much more difficult, Like it was back in the old days. THF, MNK, DRK, SMN, BLM, RDM, PUP, DNC, SCH, PLD, NIN? You're SoL. If you go back to 6 man, Theres a lot less room for "Any DD will do" and so on

Only thing i'm doing is pointing out the idea has flaws. No idea is perfect, and you need to consider what consequences this might have for the player base.
    (8)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 07-14-2012 at 02:02 AM.

Character
    Bullseyee
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Karbuncle,

There is possibilities to keep both as well and still have a group finder. The only reason you are bashing my idea is because I said to take away alliance party experience. The main reason I even said that was because If an auto group finder exists, SE needs to give some kind of push for people to use it and play those jobs like whitemage / redmage / bard / cor or people will never even bother using it, they will continue to do what they are doing now. and yes you can do low man parties still but people don't want to do that when leveling in abyssea is 1000 times faster. if you're going to give people options for 6 man and alliance you have to make them equal. I know you say you kill faster in 6 man with friends but I'm sure you are 99 and not leveling a character from 75 and up.
    (0)

Karbuncle,

There is possibilities to keep both as well and still have a group finder. The only reason you are bashing my idea is because I said to take away alliance party experience. The main reason I even said that was because If an auto group finder exists, SE needs to give some kind of push for people to use it and play those jobs like whitemage / redmage / bard / cor or people will never even bother using it, they will continue to do what they are doing now. and yes you can do low man parties still but people don't want to do that when leveling in abyssea is 1000 times faster. if you're going to give people options for 6 man and alliance you have to make them equal. I know you say you kill faster in 6 man with friends but I'm sure you are 99 and not leveling a character from 75 and up.
    Bolded: You never implied or said this, Want proof?

I hope you will consider taking away EXP gains in alliance type parties which are meant for end game type events
    Thats from your OP. - You are directly asking for a nerf and removal of Alliance Exp. If you had said "Have both exist side by side" - I wouldn't have batted an eye at your post, because it would have been a reasonable request... which is "Encourage people to experience both 6 man or 18 man, make 6 man more appealing so its not completely dead", instead of what you came off saying "kill 18 man, force 6 man again".

You're changing your argument, Which is acceptable, But I'm pointing out from the way the OP is worded, You have or had no intention or want to keep 18 man Alliances possible, But instead to nerf them and make 6 man the best way again.
    (6)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 07-14-2012 at 02:06 AM.

Character
    Bullseyee
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Lol. Nothing I have said has "bashed" your idea into the ground. I'm pointing out you're not thinking at all about anyone but yourself.

All you see if "I want to exp 6 man" - And from there, You don't care who suffers or any of the consequences of this drastic change in exp style. You're view is short-sighted, You haven't thought it out, and the only reasonable thing you've suggested is an Auto-finder for exp, But even that would have a lot of fleshing out and repercussions to consider.
    Then offer better ideas instead of writing a novel on how bad an idea it is, I'm a pretty open minded person. I'm sure there are things I haven't thought of and i'm just running with something. This post is mainly about a Auto finder anyways... everything else was just suggestions "hence the name of this whole forum section".

before you posted I was going to remake the thread anyhow to say autofinder.
    (0)

Then offer better ideas instead of writing a novel on how bad an idea it is, I'm a pretty open minded person. I'm sure there are things I haven't thought of and i'm just running with something. This post is mainly about a Auto finder anyways... everything else was just suggestions "hence the name of this whole forum section".

before you posted I was going to remake the thread anyhow to say autofinder.
    I have no reason to offer ideas. The idea of reworking exp is in my idea wasted Development time. Its fine as it is. Why should i want to fix something that ain't broken?

Its pretty simple concept, I have no intent or reason to suggest ways to fix something I do not want or feel needs fixed. The only thing I'm going to do is point out that your idea, giving it consideration, Is ignoring a lot of repercussions that would result from this drastic change back to 6 man Exp.

If 6 man and Alliance exp existed side by side, The idea is fine, Making 6 Man parties more appealing would only gain to benefit people, and be a positive change to the game. Nerfing 18 man, Would be a negative, and therefor, not welcome.

P.S

This would be convenient, actually... No need to nerf bat the entire current exp trend though.
    ^ This Excerpt is from my original post, Which is in direct response to your "Exp finder" idea. If you actually bothered to read it, You'd have known from the beginning I agreed the Exp finder idea would be a good addition, But not removing the Current Exp trend (Alliances).
    (3)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 07-14-2012 at 02:16 AM.

Character
    Bullseyee
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Bolded: You never implied or said this, Want proof?

Thats from your OP. - You are directly asking for a nerf and removal of Alliance Exp. If you had said "Have both exist side by side" - I wouldn't have batted an eye at your post, because it would have been a reasonable request... which is "Encourage people to experience both 6 man or 18 man, make 6 man more appealing so its not completely dead", instead of what you came off saying "kill 18 man, force 6 man again".

You're changing your argument, Which is acceptable, But I'm pointing out from the way the OP is worded, You have or had no intention or want to keep 18 man Alliances possible, But instead to nerf them and make 6 man the best way again.
    I know I never stated that you don't have to prove it. the reason I mentioned to take away alliance parties is because of people who leech and to give 6 man parties a jump start again. do you really think people will do 6 man parties when they can go afk in altep? if SE really wants people to play like that it's their game and it's their rules. personally I think its stupid but I'm also not a DEV member and they have the control to change or keep whatever they want. so arguing with me about what I said makes no difference really.
    (0)

I know I never stated that you don't have to prove it. the reason I mentioned to take away alliance parties is because of people who leech and to give 6 man parties a jump start again. do you really think people will do 6 man parties when they can go afk in altep? if SE really wants people to play like that it's their game and it's their rules. personally I think its stupid but I'm also not a DEV member and they have the control to change or keep whatever they want. so arguing with me about what I said makes no difference really.
    I don't agree with Leeching, But i support the choices they give us to do so.

Not everyone thinks Exp is "Content". at best, Most players think, and rightfully so, Exp is just the grind to content. Content is Endgame. I don't leech, Nor do i support it, But i support SE letting their players have the choices to do so.

That's what I'm arguing.
    (3)

Character
    Bullseyee
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I don't agree with Leeching, But i support the choices they give us to do so.

Not everyone thinks Exp is "Content". at best, Most players think, and rightfully so, Exp is just the grind to content. Content is Endgame. I don't leech, Nor do i support it, But i support SE letting their players have the choices to do so.

That's what I'm arguing.
    I agree to an extent I like SE giving people choices but choices like leeching can be game breaking sometimes. half of the fun of an MMO in my opinion is leveling ( if they make it fun and not a big grind like the old 6 man parties). What I'm looking for is a better and funner way to level than abyssea alliance , where you get to see more area's , different monstersn etc instead of the same thing for hours and hours on end.

Edit: Also I would like a leveling system where tanks can actually tank again.
    (0)
    Last edited by Bulls; 07-14-2012 at 02:28 AM.

Character
    Bobe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    How would this work? Would it just force warp any corsair that isn't in a group to your location? Would it force the bard to join even though he said he won't merit with anything but samurai and war?
    Lol you don't need a bard or Cor to get an exp party to level. I would imagine more people would play support and tank jobs if there was an option other than abyssea experience. There a tons of people who have tanks and support jobs. you just see them on DD jobs more often because of how the system works nowadays. I don't see anything about force warping people in here though. I would imagine that the auto finder bulls is talking about selects people that have qued up as the role they want to play and then when the party is full it warps them to a location they want to level. that's my guess. similar to the newer MMOs out now if you've played any.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I agree to an extent I like SE giving people choices but choices like leeching can be game breaking sometimes. half of the fun of an MMO in my opinion is leveling ( if they make it fun and not a big grind like the old 6 man parties). What I'm looking for is a better and funner way to level than abyssea alliance , where you get to see more area's , different monstersn etc instead of the same thing for hours and hours on end.

Edit: Also I would like a leveling system where tanks can actually tank again.
    I think the Karbuncle hit the nail on the head. It ain't broke.

I would love it if people could join groups regardless of what zone they're in and be able to warp to the party, but this would have huge implications for fighting NMs and completing quests etc.. Maybe they could put a cool down on it? or a level cap? or restrict it to certain zones or parts of them?

I could see them making it so that you can gain similar exp in a 6 man group, but beyond that I don't see much they could do without nerfing what is already in place. The bottom line is that experience parties just don't actually give you much real experience (learning to play the job).

You can learn almost everything you need to learn about a job nowadays by reading your favorite wiki while you afk, or asking around etc. People regularly post ideal gear sets for every action in the game nowadays. Exp. is really just a mandatory wait period before getting to the real content. To be honest, wikis and fan sites killed the need for exp parties. You don't need to learn a job by playing it anymore really. You can just read up on it, set your macros and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobetheking View Post
    Lol you don't need a bard or Cor to get an exp party to level. I would imagine more people would play support and tank jobs if there was an option other than abyssea experience. There a tons of people who have tanks and support jobs. you just see them on DD jobs more often because of how the system works nowadays. I don't see anything about force warping people in here though. I would imagine that the auto finder bulls is talking about selects people that have qued up as the role they want to play and then when the party is full it warps them to a location they want to level. that's my guess. similar to the newer MMOs out now if you've played any.
    Did you forget what it was like before abbysea?

<party leader> /tell hey, you want to exp?
    <war> what's the set up?
    <party leader> whm, bst, pup, thf, sam
    <war> no bard? wtf is there a thf for? a pup?.... no thanks.
    (4)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 07-14-2012 at 02:54 AM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast