Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Character
    Bullseyee
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemothx View Post
    You answered your own question. If the majority wants alliance exp, why change anything?
    How is that answering my own question? the only thing it tells me is that Alliance parties give a lot more exp than 6 man so people go to the faster source.
    (0)

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulls View Post
    And it's not my lack of understanding, it's more your incompetence to grasp what i'm trying to explain.
    it's your inability to /sea all inv
    (0)

People will not always go the fastest route, Some will always do the most fun route.

Unfortunately, EXP is not fun for most, If 6 man Exp parties were wanted more than alliance, There would be a strong base of players still doing old school parties because they enjoy it more.

in fact, there may be a group of these people you could find. But the majority like the relaxed, easier, less intensive Exp parties of today. I liked exping in the old days, But i embrace this new system as well. You learn to adapt, and you can see Alliance exp has its charm too.
    (2)

Character
    Bullseyee
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    People will not always go the fastest route, Some will always do the most fun route.

Unfortunately, EXP is not fun for most, If 6 man Exp parties were wanted more than alliance, There would be a strong base of players still doing old school parties because they enjoy it more.

in fact, there may be a group of these people you could find. But the majority like the relaxed, easier, less intensive Exp parties of today. I liked exping in the old days, But i embrace this new system as well. You learn to adapt, and you can see Alliance exp has its charm too.
    you're right, but I think people would be more accepting towards 6 man (non-abyssea) parties if they made it less of a hassle to get ppl for it and a bigger reward that rivals abyssea per hour kills.

Edit: Right now outside abyssea it's still a bit of a grind compared to abyssea alliances.
    (0)
    Last edited by Bulls; 07-14-2012 at 05:02 AM.

The true limiting factor to 6-man parties is that there are only two good support jobs (BRD and COR) out of the twenty jobs in the game. Going without one or the other is going to massively limit your XP gain. In fact, part of the the reason why old-school 6-man merit parties raked in so much XP was because they would take two Bards or a Bard and a Corsair for more buffs to kill things even faster.

You don't need BRDs or CORs in Abyssea alliances because you have Atmas for awesome-time buff fun. You don't need BRDs or CORs in GoV book burns because you are killing EP mobs and have level correction on your side with the bulk of the XP coming from book completions. The simple truth of the matter is that most people do not like to play support jobs; according to the latest census, Bard is ranked 15th and Corsair is ranked 19th. Unless there is a way to force people to level a job that they don't want to level, 6-man parties are not going to be viable.
    (3)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    How is that answering my own question? the only thing it tells me is that Alliance parties give a lot more exp than 6 man so people go to the faster source.
    Yes that is exactly the points here. If you want to have a nostalgia 6 person's party, by all means shout and find others who also wants the same thing, chances are you may be able to find statics. I am sure there are a few who also wants the same thing and long for the nostalgia factor. Fortunately it is one of the many options of gaining xp, which is GREAT, now you are not forced to xp ONE WAY. Sure people will choose the better faster xp per hour, such is life. We do not want old school way of party, it is retarded, and such a boring grind. Abyssea is there for you to learn how to play your jobs, hence fighting NMs for seals, plus 2, empyrean weapons, etc... That's where you have to learn how your play your job, the hard knock style, either LEARN FAST or wipe, spend time to skill ups and READ wiki and practice or look like an idiot when you are doing an event/farm etc... That is why abysea is battle content, it is there for you to get to 99, learn your jobs fast and start doing the actual end gaming which is gear collection via abyssea, walk of echoes, dynamis, neo nyzul, salvage, magian trials, legions, void watch, etc. Get with the program dude, game has changed since 2010, for the better.
    (3)

Character
    Bullseyee
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    Yes that is exactly the points here. If you want to have a nostalgia 6 person's party, by all means shout and find others who also wants the same thing, chances are you may be able to find statics. I am sure there are a few who also wants the same thing and long for the nostalgia factor. Fortunately it is one of the many options of gaining xp, which is GREAT, now you are not forced to xp ONE WAY. Sure people will choose the better faster xp per hour, such is life. We do not want old school way of party, it is retarded, and such a boring grind. Abyssea is there for you to learn how to play your jobs, hence fighting NMs for seals, plus 2, empyrean weapons, etc... That's where you have to learn how your play your job, the hard knock style, either LEARN FAST or wipe, spend time to skill ups and READ wiki and practice or look like an idiot when you are doing an event/farm etc... That is why abysea is battle content, it is there for you to get to 99, learn your jobs fast and start doing the actual end gaming which is gear collection via abyssea, walk of echoes, dynamis, neo nyzul, salvage, magian trials, legions, void watch, etc. Get with the program dude, game has changed since 2010, for the better.
    lol you haven't even read one word of my post. gtfo
    (0)

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    lol you haven't even read one word of my post. gtfo
    people have, you ding bat. you're just far too thick and proud to see anything else beyond your own written word.
    (4)

Player
    Hello,
    I have a few Ideas I hope the dev team will take into consideration concerning exp gain in FFXI. Personally I think the alliance experience point parties limit players to the full experience of the game. What it comes down to is people want to just go and exp without waiting a long time or being tied down to look for replacements when they want to leave. Alliance parties do that but at a grave cost of reducing the play style this game was created for. Six man parties allow players to experience and play their jobs to the fullest, Tanks can tank, while damage jobs do damage, and healers heal. The new alliance set up people have adapted too players just run around and one shot things which can be fun but not all the time. Players don't have to play there jobs like they are meant to be played which takes away an element of FFXI many players loved when it comes to leveling.

Suggestion: add an auto group finder that automatically groups players and warps them to a leveling area of choice for their level. Also since abyssea raised the standards for experience point gains, the experience points in the new six man parties would have to somewhat equal experience gain from the alliance parties in abyssea.

Edit: changed "taking away alliance parties". This thread is about auto finder "not" taking away alliance parties. Taking away alliance parties was a suggestion due to leechers.

Edit 2: My whole point in this post isn't to return to old school 6 man leveling. the Idea is to create a better and more fun leveling system where it involves tanks tanking damage dealers doing damage and healers healing. Also creating an Auto finder to get people together for 6 man parties without having the trouble to search for them manually. the "New" 6 man parties would have increased EXP gain so that you can spend time killing the monster with a tank and other members of the party and still receive (X amount) exp a kill to make up for the time killing the monster. I'm in no way stating that we need to return to the old level 75 merit party style... I hope this clears everything up for everyone.
    Tbh, I kind of like this idea.

I'm all for an auto group finder/content finder/etc, in my opinion the game needs one- it's needed one for ten years now.

However, the thing is... it's a bit late in the game to just simply put one in- especially in regards to exp groups.

That being said, if they can make it relevant to the game right now then they should add it.

If they can add group finder for VW or trials, or things like that it would make it easier for people to do them. Especially for people who are more on the casual end of the scale. What's more is if SE was actually interested in getting new players to FFXI it would also help new players find exp parties and the like.

More importantly, they need to make 6 man parties worth doing again. The reason everyone does exp alliances is because they're the easiest and fastest way to get levels, not because people are unable to do 6 man parties.
    (1)

Character
    Bullseyee
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerich View Post
    people have, you ding bat. you're just far too thick and proud to see anything else beyond your own written word.
    not the person I said that too you fooking moron, stop trying to defend everyone that's against me to support your own cause.
    (0)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast