Character
    Bullseyee
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Auto Group Finder Suggestion

Hello,
    I have a few Ideas I hope the dev team will take into consideration concerning exp gain in FFXI. Personally I think the alliance experience point parties limit players to the full experience of the game. What it comes down to is people want to just go and exp without waiting a long time or being tied down to look for replacements when they want to leave. Alliance parties do that but at a grave cost of reducing the play style this game was created for. Six man parties allow players to experience and play their jobs to the fullest, Tanks can tank, while damage jobs do damage, and healers heal. The new alliance set up people have adapted too players just run around and one shot things which can be fun but not all the time. Players don't have to play there jobs like they are meant to be played which takes away an element of FFXI many players loved when it comes to leveling.

Suggestion: add an auto group finder that automatically groups players and warps them to a leveling area of choice for their level. Also since abyssea raised the standards for experience point gains, the experience points in the new six man parties would have to somewhat equal experience gain from the alliance parties in abyssea.

Edit: changed "taking away alliance parties". This thread is about auto finder "not" taking away alliance parties. Taking away alliance parties was a suggestion due to leechers.

Edit 2: My whole point in this post isn't to return to old school 6 man leveling. the Idea is to create a better and more fun leveling system where it involves tanks tanking damage dealers doing damage and healers healing. Also creating an Auto finder to get people together for 6 man parties without having the trouble to search for them manually. the "New" 6 man parties would have increased EXP gain so that you can spend time killing the monster with a tank and other members of the party and still receive (X amount) exp a kill to make up for the time killing the monster. I'm in no way stating that we need to return to the old level 75 merit party style... I hope this clears everything up for everyone.
    (3)
    Last edited by Bulls; 07-14-2012 at 04:53 AM.

I would like to say i disagree with you here. I will explain my reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulls View Post
    Hello,
    What it comes down to is people want to just go and exp without waiting a long time or being tied down to look for replacements when they want to leave.
    I must say, There is no good reason why one would look at this as a negative. I lived the age of "Exp at 4k an Hour, if you get bored, Find a rep", It wasn't bad, But I'm happy to know if i hear the words "I gotta go guys" its not going to be followed by "yah, Me too" "me too" "Okay disbanding in X", and i have to start all over.

Nothing wrong with Alliance exp style, You simply need to take off the Nostalgia goggles and realize two things.

1) Idiots existed as much then as they do today
    2) Leveling in 6 man groups will not bring forth less idiots or stop the nearly nonexistent RMT.

Alliance parties do that but at a grave cost of reducing the play style this game was created for. Six man parties allow players to experience and play their jobs to the fullest, Tanks can tank, while damage jobs do damage, and healers heal. The new alliance set up people have adapted too players just run around and one shot things which can be fun but not all the time. Players don't have to play there jobs like they are meant to be played which takes away an element of FFXI many players loved when it comes to leveling.
    Not entirely, No. Today, anyone with a brain stem will know the basic roles of a job when they level it, There's very few jobs that have some small trial and error, which can be weeded out by researching, or learning the job. But leveling in a 6 man group wont teach them to you if you don't want to learn.

And the problem with all those people who don't play their job well is... They don't want to learn. Forcing people back to a 6 man style will simply hurt legitimate players above all else. Especially those like me, Who have 12~+ 99 jobs, and know how to play them, and if i wanted to exp/merit another job, I don't like the idea of having to go "Well, Lets look for a Bard or COR, a Healer, and a Tank... Or i can't exp" like i did getting my f**king maats cap with the old exp system.

It was dumb, Limiting, and excruciating. Losing the BRD, COR, Tank, or Mage meant the party was done if you weren't lucky enough to find another, which almost never happened, especially with a BRD/COR. It is not something we should go back too.

I hope you will consider taking away EXP gains in alliance type parties which are meant for end game type events (which will also help stop RMT abyssea leveling)
    Because thats what FFXI needs more of, Broad-scoping nerfs that effect players more than RMT, Like you know... Gardening, Fishing, Chocobo Digging, etc... I could go on, But i think you get my point,

Now that that is out of the way... The "RMT" will find a way around it, It will not slow them down enough to make an impact, and just hurt legitimate players much more.

and add an auto group finder that automatically groups players and warps them to a leveling area of choice for their level.
    This would be convenient, actually... No need to nerf bat the entire current exp trend though.

Also since abyssea raised the standards for experience point gains, the experience points in the new six man parties would have to somewhat equal experience gain from the alliance parties in abyssea.
    also at least a level-headed decision, Asking for alliance exp to be dissipated, but asking for it to balance out in the end. I at least acknowledge you are levelheaded enough to not just want a full nerf back to 10k/hr parties, But i still disagree with the idea Exp Alliances need to go.

Despite what many people think, Finding people to exp is still tough, The only reason it works today is because alliance are easy to gather for, You rarely need a true tank or Brd/COR. Healer and DD are really the only truly needed jobs, and even then, healers are pretty hard to get.

Going back to an Era where its "We need BRD, HEaler, and a Tank, Or exp isn't happening" - Or to a lesser extent "BRD and Healer (75+ Parties)" would just be bad design and bad decision making at this point.
    (11)

3. 07-14-2012 12:42 AM

Character
    Bullseyee
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Karbuncle,

First off.. I'm not saying 6 man parties will stop RMT .... it will help with the exp monopolization where people sit and do nothing. A game is meant to be played not to go afk and come back 99.

Also no one cares how many jobs you have and how much experience you have had in this game this isn't a "oh I have all this so listen to me post" this post is a suggestion to SE nothing else.

I believe you misunderstood me as well when it comes to the Auto group finder. You don't need to "search and wait" for a job that has left the party due to whatever if you have an "automatic party finder" that finds people for you instantly... maybe they can implement something that finds people from all servers, who knows. I was never recommending going back to the old way of finding people for 6 mans and seeking forever. So before writing a novel on how you disagree with a suggestion I wrote to SE you should read it correctly first.
    (1)

Karbuncle,

First off.. I'm not saying 6 man parties will stop RMT .... it will help with the exp monopolization where people sit and do nothing. A game is meant to be played not to go afk and come back 99.
    Leveling is a part of each RPG, But its not the only part. The people who leech are Key are leveling to 99 so they can participate in Endgame, where the actual fun is. They are playing the game, Just as a level 99 experiencing content, not leveling up in old tedium.

Also, Not to sound to rude, People leeching don't care about how you feel about it. What you're asking for is no better than depriving someone of a right of choice. Right now, Nothing in this game forces you to exp in Alliances, I know for a fact i could probably duo/trio with my friend faster than most exp alliances, I also know i can Exp the old way if i wanted.

But with your suggestion, You are removing an option players have. Right now, Choices are good. Keep the choices. You can have your ideals of how exp should be had, But they are simply that, ideals. Everyone does not share them, nor does anyone want them.

Also no one cares how many jobs you have and how much experience you have had in this game this isn't a "oh I have all this so listen to me post" this post is a suggestion to SE nothing else.
    It's getting increasingly obvious you have no idea what you're doing or talking about. My point was to show I have plenty of experience leveling the Old school way, And i wasn't just some abyssea-burned player who never experienced it. It was to discern that i know what I am talking about having experienced leveling in all Eras. It was not meant to show off, However, If you can hide your ignorance for a moment it would definitely make for better debate.

Also, When you post a suggestion, On a public forum, In the open, You will get all opinions. Agree or Disagree, You cannot control it. It's best to simply learn to accept criticism, Especially if your idea is bad and needs to be fleshed out. The idea of an Auto-Party member finder is great, But the idea of forcing a 6-man group is not.

Also with the Auto-Finder, There's another obvious issue. Bard/Cor in the old day would refuse to exp unless certain jobs were in the party. No reason to auto-warp a Bard/Cor to the party that will instantly warp out. This feature would almost never be used by jobs you'd actually want, because they have the ability to pick and chose which party they want to join. That was the reality of old school exp, and to some extent, todays exp (Worms or Books, etc)

I believe you misunderstood me as well when it comes to the Auto group finder. You don't need to "search and wait" for a job that has left the party due to whatever if you have an "automatic party finder" that finds people for you instantly... maybe they can implement something that finds people from all servers, who knows. I was never recommending going back to the old way of finding people for 6 mans and seeking forever. So before writing a novel on how you disagree with a suggestion I wrote to SE you should read it correctly first.
    Again, This insulting tone is getting old. Your idea still requires those jobs to actually be Looking for group, Which is what the core of the problem is. Your solution does not fix this, and still created the original reason people disbanded allianced, lack of available jobs. a Cross-Server LFG is absolutely Improbable in FFXI.

As an after thought, what you call "Writing a Novel" is what i call "Explaining in detail why i agree or disagree with the topic", Not everyone can have the talent of keeping a topic within 1 paragraph, half of which is filled with meaningless insults and no real progression in the discussion.

Conversation with simple "YAY" and "NAY" 1 liners get nowhere. Conversation, improvement, debate, and what have you can only exist if each party expressed their reasoning for liking or disliking, otherwise its meaningless to have forums.
    (7)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 07-14-2012 at 01:28 AM.

Character
    Bobe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    A group finder would be awesome, I would like to see 6 man parties again without the wait times and inconveniences of the past 6 man parties.
    (1)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Karbuncle,

You can't auto find a bard if there is no bard.

Her detailing all the jobs she has leveled and / or mastered illustrates exactly the reason why 6 man parties don't need to exist. She's not going to learn anything new in these parties and thus is better off afk. Six man parties are a pain in the ass. The problem with finding people for six man groups was that there were no tanks / healers / bards searching for a group. It wasn't that they didn't know how to use the flag system.

To be honest, She didn't need to write a novel. She should have just said "NO!".

Your basically suggesting that they force everyone to get exp the way you want them to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobetheking View Post
    A group finder would be awesome, I would like to see 6 man parties again without the wait times and inconveniences of the past 6 man parties.
    How would this work? Would it just force warp any corsair that isn't in a group to your location? Would it force the bard to join even though he said he won't merit with anything but samurai and war?
    (4)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 07-14-2012 at 01:26 AM.

Character
    Bullseyee
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    You can't auto find a bard if there is no bard.

Her detailing all the jobs she has leveled and / or mastered illustrates exactly the reason why 6 man parties don't need to exist. She's not going to learn anything new in these parties and thus is better off afk. Six man parties are a pain in the ass. The problem with finding people for six man groups was that there were no tanks / healers / bards searching for a group. It wasn't that they didn't know how to use the flag system.

To be honest, She didn't need to write a novel. She should have just said "NO!".

Your basically suggesting that they force everyone to get exp the way you want them to.

How would this work? Would it just force warp any corsair that isn't in a group to your location? Would it force the bard to join even though he said he won't merit with anything but samurai and war?
    you are missing my point as well, this isn't 2005-2008 there are plenty of people nowadays with tanks and healers and you don't need a cor or bard to level... I'm sure SE is smart enough to find a way to combine my idea with theirs and come up with a solution... you guys need to be more open minded...
    (0)

Character
    Bullseyee
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Karbuncle,

I'm not even going to bother reading your shit anymore all you're doing is making yourself look like a moron having 12 99s means nothing nowadays and it doesn't even mean you're not a noob. We agree to disagree, as you can tell there are people who enjoy 6 man and people who don't. my post was merely an Idea and suggestion. they can take it and combine it with something better I'm sure. you are entitled to your opinion, and you said what you think.
    (0)

you are missing my point as well, this isn't 2005-2008 there are plenty of people nowadays with tanks and healers and you don't need a cor or bard to level... I'm sure SE is smart enough to find a way to combine my idea with theirs and come up with a solution... you guys need to be more open minded...
    They really aren't. I can /sea all 75-99 WHM (Or BRD, or COR) right now and probably only find a handful of players, if any, The bigger problem is, especially in Abyssea, 75~85 will kill considerably slower, even with Atma. So exping that would leave to party leaders looking for higher level players.

If you mean simply for new content, They say they are designing the new expansion as end-game centric, Its doubtful they will have many pre-90 Exp camps, and even then, Most 90+ players would not opt to exp outside of Abyssea unless given good incentive.

It would be harder to go back to 6 man parties than you think, Since level ranges would need to remain similar, Who's going to invite a level 75 player to a 6 man party, when a level 90 player will do much more damage? It would doom/Kill players under a certain level range, Since Abyssea will continue to remain the best exp spot. It would also divide the Level bases. Right now, Level 70~99 Are acceptable levels for some classes, BRD can get invited to an Exp alliance at level 65 or so, But if we resort back to 6 level parties, People will go back to finding the highest level player... then jobs like that 65 BRD will be forced to exp outside abyssea.

If people are forced to now level outside Abyssea, A lot of these players leveling new jobs will likely stop leveling new jobs, since the only reason they were doing it before was because it was so easy. Now you've cut off the supply of people leveling new jobs.

The repercussions of what you're asking are far broader than what you lead on, Is the point you are missing with our responses.

Karbuncle,

I'm not even going to bother reading your shit anymore all you're doing is making yourself look like a moron
    Yes you will, You'll read every word. Respond? Probably not, You can't accept advice it seems or anything other than praise.

In reality, you're actually making yourself look like bad. Your tone, your language, you think people aren't going to see you for what you are? You don't even need to reply to me anymore, Its not going to save your thread, or your reputation after this point. You've already given yourself away as someone who cannot accept constructive criticism or the aspect of conversation.

The only thing you've done since posting is insult everyone who doesn't 100% agree with you. At the risk of sounding cliche, I think we all know who the real moron is here.
    (10)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 07-14-2012 at 01:54 AM.

Character
    Bullseyee
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    The only person I've insulted is you, because of your tone and words towards my Idea. There are better ways to give constructive criticism than bashing someones idea into the ground because you don't agree with it. And I don't give two shits about a reputation. People can think of me whatever they want. That's none of my concern.
    (0)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast