Character
    Fetus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 57

Race changing feature.

Someone had to, so here it is.

People have been asking for this for years. Everytime it comes up, SE makes up whatever excuse is most convenient for them and shoots it down, yet, the solutions seem so simple. It's always "We don't know how to implement this." (Making copies of data/editing data is hard?) or "PS2 limitations." (Stop supporting an antique system?) or "Gear porblems!" (Make people unequip gear and provide vouchers to replace the few pieces of equipment this would actually affect?) or some other screen to hide behind.

People begged for Chocobo Racing for years. You gave in. Now look at the fruits of your labor: Oh, wait, there are none. 99% of players don't have anything to do with it or any related content. At least if you implement this feature you could charge people a fee for providing an additional service for the hassle to make some additional profit. Ten years of Tarutaru... I need something different to look at and I don't want to get banned for using "third-party software".
    (0)
    Last edited by Fetus; 03-18-2011 at 04:01 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You don't need SE to make excuses. It's a bad idea. People should know that they might be playing this game for a long time when they make their character setting choices. On top of that, there are problems that would be brought about changing races. RSE gear you're wearing? Stat differences? Race/gender changes are not just cosmetic. I don't like "re-customizations" in general, because a lot of people use them in an attempt to escape bad reputations by changing their name and appearance. The problems they "hide behind" are legitimate problems, not excuses. If they flat out don't want to do something, they usually say something to that effect.

Saying "oh, you wasted lots of effort on this feature that no one uses" is a poor justification.
    (0)

Character
    Fetus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 57
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    You don't need SE to make excuses. It's a bad idea. People should know that they might be playing this game for a long time when they make their character setting choices. On top of that, there are problems that would be brought about changing races. RSE gear you're wearing? Stat differences? Race/gender changes are not just cosmetic. I don't like "re-customizations" in general, because a lot of people use them in an attempt to escape bad reputations by changing their name and appearance. The problems they "hide behind" are legitimate problems, not excuses.

Saying "oh, you wasted lots of effort on this feature that no one uses" is a poor justification.
    Did you even read the post? Like every other MMO allows you to change your race/gender. SE needs to stay current and if it makes additional profit, even better for them. You make the same excuse about gear problems that they do. It's really easy to take off equipment. It's really easy to implement an exchange system for the small amount of equipment this would even affect. Stat differences? Really? I'm going to pretend you didn't even mention that as being a plausible reason not to do this or that it actually makes any difference whatsoever for anything.

If people are using name changes via server transfers or wanting to utilize this service to "clean" their slate, then let them. You're not the police. It's a game.
    (0)
    Last edited by Fetus; 03-18-2011 at 04:08 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus View Post
    Did you even read the post?
    Yes, of course I read the post. Otherwise I wouldn't have made one. I'm really, really sick of that cop-out, meaningless response.

Edit note: None of the rest of the text in the above post was there when this post was made.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-18-2011 at 04:20 AM.

Character
    Fetus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 57
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Yes, of course I read the post. Otherwise I wouldn't have made one. I'm really, really sick of that cop-out, meaningless response.
    And I'm really, really tired of pessimist like you complaining about everything that people on these forums are suggesting. The forums were designed precisely for this purpose. If you're so against everything, why don't you gather up your toadies from FFXIAH and come over here and start petitioning some ideas of your own. Or are you too busy being a road block to do that?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    And I'm really, really tired of pessimist like you complaining about everything that people on these forums are suggesting.
    I'm not pessimistic, and i don't complain about everything (Despite the fact, that, as you said, that's what forums are for).

I do not agree with a race change feature. I do not agree with unnecessary changes suggested by people because they don't like this or that thing some person does. I do agree with other things, like changing dynamis. Improving drop rates or accessibility to this or that. I post my opinions on topics because thats what we do on forums. I'm not just disagreeing with everything just for the sake of disagreeing.

I'm sorry you don't see it that way, but I doubt there's anything I can do about that.

Finally: Ease of implementation is not a good justification either. You don't have access to the code, so you don't know how easy it would be.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-18-2011 at 04:21 AM.

Character
    Saruhiko
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I did make a thread about this already, let's try to not make copies. Mods will only end up closing them.
    (0)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    San d'Oria, Windurst, Bastok: Rank 10
    ZM:O CoP:O AU:O ACP:O
    Italian Dragoon FTW! <3 Azure 4Ever. (Roleplayer)

Character
    Myrrhcat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Could you possibly have a larger Sig?
    (0)

Character
    Sharpwittedoak
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    be thankful he only has 4 90's or it would be even bigger , LOL
    (0)

Character
    Myrrhcat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    I just want to know the logic behind that Sig. Who makes it and goes "Ya, this is small enough"
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast