Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivivivi View Post
    Clearly this would solve the issue. Hoping this is sought after in Adoulin :3

This was mentioned in another post (argument) way back where you store items like an auction house. This "Fat Chocobo" would be the same thing just more atone then creating a new mog house storage system.
    (2)
    Last edited by Sarick; 07-20-2012 at 11:56 PM.
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

><)))°µ

Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    I tried breeding a fat chocobo - or chocobese, by giving it plenty of fatty food, VanaTV access and no walks. Results were... disappointing. Having your stash of mithkabobs regurgitated by a chocobese tends to diminish their palpability.. not to mention the smell of your armor. Being shunned by your fellow adventurers is bad enough, but even marlboros make themselves scarce when you get within 100 yalms...
    I do believe you are referring to malboros, there. ^^;
    Else, that would make some very strange phenomenon of an encounter indeed!

Other than that, yeah, I think I know what would become of that.
    I can imagine it all too well...

Edit:

Oh and to this:

Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    That's okay chocobos... For those of you juggling your equipment, weapons, and items, development gave us a nice bit of inventory information!

This may take a bit of time but they are proactively checking to see if it's technically possible to have additional inventory space as well as expanding the Mog Sack's maximum capacity.
    all I can say is:

(1)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 07-21-2012 at 08:32 AM.
    ...or so the legend says.

After talking to a few friends and stuff , The easiest way for them to help out on storage with the system they got is just add more storage slips for each job you got kind like the macros list can have 20 books, example if got a warrior can store up to 30 items no matter what but needs to have a war as one the weapons or armor he/she can use to store it, for the trade to the porter moogle, then just expaned on that, so each job got there own slip , but the items need be rare/ex or items that can not be sold or traded or bazaar. other wise nothing ever would be sold.

Also any item that re/ex or cant be sold or bazaar should have a misc porter moogle slip to store stuff.
    (0)
    A Mind that has been stretched will Never Return to its original Dimension....
    (author unknown)

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Noteworthy ways to fix some storage woes, i havent cracked the game code, but am comparing to other games similar to this one (in their own ways) and i felt these were worth mention.

Furniture; Similar to loading automaton attachments, have a storage category to load furniture into the house itself, rather than the safe, because...having a bed RIGHT THERE yet someone in a magical safe, seems nonsense. In a nutshell load furniture into safe, use nation's menu function to transfer furniture item A into house list. Use redecorate to layout furniture. In a nutshell that would place furniture in its own menu, while requiring them to be loaded into the safe first then transfered, converself, then you could unload if you had room in safe to manage this.

Take Out/Put Away; No clue if this is true, but i hear the limit to things that can be displayed on screen via menues is around 160, thus limiting each storage to 80 (to manage when having a source and destination open). IF this is true, what about expanding each menu to ask if you are depositing or withdrawing, then only opening the target menu during that operation. For example, Safe. Assuming you would like to load 3 items into safe, you select deposit and it pulls up only your active inventory, from which, the game would check content quantity but not specifics, to store items. Doing it this way would have it check, see there are 40/80 in your safe, but not what 40 items, and would transfer the information between the two lists without outputting it. However... i suspect this is now allowed BECAUSE doing so would allow doubles of rare items to occupy the same storage space.

Storage containers. Some games like this option. If i put a treasure-chest in my MH in my nation, why not make it possible to ACTUALLY interact, and store items within it, then access its contents?

Layered Storage. Okay similar to the last one, why not layer storage to some degree. When accessing mog safe, have it pull up storage locations, similar to how it does now, or similar to the ability menu. Being able to go Mog House > Furniture > Chest > 5 stored items. Might be a nice option, however you can always limit how many tiered storages can be permitted, say 5 for example. If feasable this may be useful for mog-sack like storages. Being able to access Sack1/Sack2/Sack3/Sack4/Sack5.

Bundles. This is one of my favorites, lets assume you have 5 pieces of a set (of approved gear, lets use the Teal/Aurore sets and puppetmaster for example for this explanation) in your inventory that arent equipped. Lets say your PUP has its aurore gear equipped. Its teal set is nolonger equipped, and is taking up 5 slots. Lets bundle it, using a command in menu to take all 5 pieces, and convert them into a useable item. Teal Chapeau, Teal Cuffs, Teal Pigaches, Teal Slops, and Teal Saio become the useable item Teal Bundle. This ofcourse would only work with complete sets, would need to be manually done, and would not work with augmented items (because ever copy of the bundle would be the same). So if you then change your Puppetmaster to Black mage and suddenly need your Teal gear, you can use the Teal Bundle, and suddenly be granted all 5 items, and then can opt to bundle your aurore gear. Flaws i see are again, with gear being rare, it could be obtained more than once unless there is some sort of check in place to prevent the gear from co-existing with said bundle. Additionally this would be more practical for gear sitting in MH slots rather than active macroable inventory. Still a thought and a somewhat reasonable one if you ask me.

Not saying these can be implemented, but are my ideas for some storage issue resolutions.
    (1)

Character
    Pikachuninetail
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    Just make people pay an addition $1 subscription fee for each additional 80 slots they want to whateevr max you deem apropriate. Countless people will pay and extra $1 a month for 80 storage.
    Do you EVER have anything useful to contribute to a thread?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystal View Post
    Do you EVER have anything useful to contribute to a thread?
    In honesty that suggestion seems like it would actually be the next thing SE would do... despite my hate at that idea of it happening.
    (1)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    In honesty that suggestion seems like it would actually be the next thing SE would do... despite my hate at that idea of it happening.
    FFXIV has retainers which pretty much do that very thing.
    In FFXI though, you get a mule with 5 times the storage for $1. Granted, you need to unlock the maximum storage via a lot of effort, and the transfer of items leaves something to be desired.
    (1)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4