Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Character
    Nawesemo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    You mean I can equip masamune while on thf? That sounds awesome, how do I do it?
    why you carrying around a masa on thf? that's kinda goofy.
    (1)

Because I don't always have time to move all my sam gear into a different storage every time I change job.
    (2)

Character
    Nawesemo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Because I don't always have time to move all my sam gear into a different storage every time I change job.
    O.o S.e. provides us with safe storage, and we don't use it, and we want them to build us a lazier way to take care of stuff, becuase we're not paying attention.

If it's thatttttttt important, I'd think you'd be a little safer with it, make the time instead of griping around about how much s.e. isn't doing for you. (you say yourself you spend wayyyy to much time posting here, maybe a lil less posting and a bit more attention to what's happening on your screen?)
    (1)

I never said I spend way too much time posting here. I have also not thrown away anything of significant value yet.

Seems like if anyone needs to pay more attention here, it would be you.
    (1)

Character
    Nawesemo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I never said I spend way too much time posting here.
    I'm not going to compile a complete list over items that look similar to other items. Despite all the time I spend posting on this forum, I actually do not have time for that sort of a thing.
    seems to me you don't have time for alot of things. but whatever, spliting hairs is spliting hairs.
    (1)

Player
    And being douche-ish is being douche-ish, people complaining about wanting a safety feature for valuable items is reasonable, not having it is unreasonable. When I play any other Final Fantasy game you know one thing I find great? When I fuck up I can reset the system, reload my save, get my stuff back so I can fix those mistakes, you cant do that here though, you get 1 time of doing that basically then no more, so far as I understand at least.
    (1)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    It really is quite sad how a suggestion of such tiny scale that will have no distinct impact on any design structure of the game and would only serve to improve quality of mind within some relic holders is being met with such determined resistance.
    The hilarious part is that the people that are against really simple fixes to the game pretty much always cite the same two arguments against it over and over:
    1. Something about SE Spaghetti Coding
    2. Something about Dev time being wasted VS more meaningful content
    Of these, the first used to just be an in-joke among players because they would adjust SMN and end up breaking Sneak Attack (Which is actually somewhat logical in that they're both combat mechanics) or something similar. It's one of those things that players joked about and people with broken sarcasm detectors ran with and had it mutate into an Urban (Jeunoan?) Legend. In truth, any actual programming limitations are usually directly communicated to us, the latest example being auto-RA:
    To address that issue would take a huge overhaul to the core system, so unfortunately it's not as simple as you might hope.
    So, if there was actually some kind of difficulty with programming this, they would probably actually tell us, and the people who support such a change would likely reconsider. With that in mind, the second point becomes self-defeating, because if it's so hard to program simple fixes that it actually delays things, it means they're so understaffed, so incompetent, or so lazy (take your pick) that the meaningful content you're waiting for going to be about as on schedule as Godot.

Also I love the whole argument about FFXI supposedly being what's needed to teach you to be careful, because it's entirely a straw argument. Not to mention the fact that these mythical people old enough to be playing this game actually needing to be taught that lesson are beyond help.
    (1)
    Last edited by Kincard; 10-14-2012 at 06:31 PM.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I've thrown away something I didn't want to throw away (Mirage Shalwar and Marduk's Shalwar are way too similar). So there goes my one-time restore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nawesemo View Post
    why you carrying around a masa on thf? that's kinda goofy.
    I've got Ghorn, Daurdabla, and Carnwenhan. At any given time, at least one instrument is unequipped, and I generally use mythic as a mid-cast piece. It's very possible.

I'm not sure why people are so against this. Even if you yourself are perfect and have never accidentally dropped anything, why not throw a bone for the idiots like me?
    (3)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    And being douche-ish is being douche-ish, people complaining about wanting a safety feature for valuable items is reasonable, not having it is unreasonable. When I play any other Final Fantasy game you know one thing I find great? When I fuck up I can reset the system, reload my save, get my stuff back so I can fix those mistakes, you cant do that here though, you get 1 time of doing that basically then no more, so far as I understand at least.
    Go play another MMO, I haven't played em all but many of them when you toss an item you're screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    I've thrown away something I didn't want to throw away (Mirage Shalwar and Marduk's Shalwar are way too similar). So there goes my one-time restore.
    Did you learn to be more careful?

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    I'm not sure why people are so against this. Even if you yourself are perfect and have never accidentally dropped anything, why not throw a bone for the idiots like me?
    As has been stated by myself and others. Implementing this or even looking to it means dev time is being wasted on something that exists in the game to a degree and is 100% the players fault. And SE has come out saying that the dev team is small so there aren't a ton of people splitting up tasks. If FFXI was major bug free I wouldn't care.

Sadly it isn't there are major bugs in the game right now, and some of the they don't even have a clue how to fix. I'm sure they'll figure it out and it is sad that things were implemented without finding these bugs but figuring it out takes time. Time some people want wasted on even further hand holding features that most players won't care about because they're careful.

On top of bugs there are major features being worked on for new jobs, new expansion, old jobs, etc. All of these take time, and will add much, much more value to the player base as a whole than making items undroppable because some players are irresponsible and don't want to be more careful.
    (0)

Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    As someone who has accidentally dropped something of value, I can safely say I'd rather see them impliment this and make sure it cannot happen again as opposed to adding new content, especially when said new content has been rather lackluster as of late. Hell, I've wanted up-gradable Salvage gear since it became outdated, but I'd easily wait longer to see this added.

Nowadays most people are running round in Empyrean Weapons, the number of relics being made is shooting up as well. People who made a Emp for their job are now making Relics too. Can they equip an Ukon while they're using Ragnarok on their WAR? Of course not. Accidents like this are going to happen more often as a result of the Relic boom. If you pour hours or millions of gil into one item, you'd want it back if you tossed it.

Nice to see the devs are looking into this, lets hope they extend it to stuff like Black Belt, Storage Slips etc.
    (1)
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast