Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    I self funded my relic, took me around a year to buy the 200mill worth of coins then a disgustingly long and boring amount of time to do the magian trials solo. I didn't even bother to do the last trial because they were a)in a dead event and b) empy weapons were still better.

You can get any empy weapon completeled in a couple of weeks and they blow fully upgraded relics out of the water. No justification for that at all. The more work = weaker end result
    (2)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It happens in every MMO though, and FFXI fans have always had it better. In WoW, with every expansion, your top of the line gear is obsolete before you're even near the new level cap and even touched the new content.
    WoW never had a weapon that takes 1-5 years to do. ( to my knowalge)

this is not wow

I also dislike abyssea repalcing EVERYTHING! before when stuff was added it was more things to do.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 03-18-2011 at 04:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Character
    Skywarp
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    i guess your forgetting witthe new update. that peopel will be ableto go into dynamus once every RL day. which will make the value of dyna currency fall to all time low. not to mention that @ 90 doing dyna is a extreme joke. clearing the entire zone in a hour with 10 people was a laugh. at this rate. if you want a relic weapon you can solo one and with minimal cost.
    people wanted it easier. now they got it easier. and jsut like maats cap owning a relic means nothing anymore. i wish it did but now it dont thx SE
    (1)

90 BLM, RDM, SMN, NIN, BST, DRG, SAM, WAR, PLD, BLU, RNG...

Player
    I think relics and mythic's are sufficiently powerful.. given how easy salvage and dynamis has become.

Grinding out coins =/= challenge

They may not be the best weapon in the game anymore.. but they are still really good
    (1)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    i guess your forgetting witthe new update. that peopel will be ableto go into dynamus once every RL day. which will make the value of dyna currency fall to all time low. not to mention that @ 90 doing dyna is a extreme joke. clearing the entire zone in a hour with 10 people was a laugh. at this rate. if you want a relic weapon you can solo one and with minimal cost.
    people wanted it easier. now they got it easier. and jsut like maats cap owning a relic means nothing anymore. i wish it did but now it dont thx SE
    who said they would keep drop rate like we know currently? tehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Flunklesnarkin View Post
    I think relics and mythic's are sufficiently powerful.. given how easy salvage and dynamis has become.

Grinding out coins =/= challenge

They may not be the best weapon in the game anymore.. but they are still really good
    killing mobs for one week =/= challenge
    (0)
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I also dislike abyssea repalcing EVERYTHING! before when stuff was added it was more things to do.
    It's not like abyssea is a tiny little box with only one thing to do. Abyssea is 9 (technically 10) areas, full of all kinds of different things. That said, the final abyssea areas are designed for 90 cap, and the final level cap will be 99. We won't be spending all of our time in abyssea by the time of the final cap rise.
    (1)

Character
    Ilax
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    will make the value of dyna currency fall to all time low.
    that speculation only, as mine is when i say currency price will skyrock as it happen when they change price form 1m to 500k.

jsut like maats cap owning a relic means nothing anymore. i wish it did but now it dont thx SE
    See that the next problem in all this: 多芸は無芸 [Too Many Accomplishments Make No Accomplishments]

Who know the real plan of SE, maybe they are doing dynamis V2 with new set of NM and E.wep owner be able to upgrade it, but only if they do dynamis, so in the end no one can complain. I don't really mind on that idea, it make sense also to give other a chance, but not at the cost to completely destroy the current mechanic/system of dynamis. [yes i am really worry about a 'open zone'] But who really know, SE is also merging more server together, so maybe is to free up resource for this new dynamsi v2. (Of course is free to dream)

No matter how they end to manage they update, i just hope is not something that will end as maat cap, to just name that piece of gear.
    (1)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It's not like abyssea is a tiny little box with only one thing to do. Abyssea is 9 (technically 10) areas, full of all kinds of different things. That said, the final abyssea areas are designed for 90 cap, and the final level cap will be 99. We won't be spending all of our time in abyssea by the time of the final cap rise.
    That is like saying sky is good and so much to do because it has 5 zones, no its one event, same princaple, its like saying there is so much to do in dyna because there is 8 zones, things drop, you get items to +1 them.

dyna is one event, abyssea is one event, einherjar is one event (10 zones), limbus is one event ( lost count) and so on.

abyssea is the first time ever we ran into one event outdating everything, doing one thing is boring. abyssea was a nice change yes but it should not be the only thing to do. (even exp for lower levels)

abyssea is also the first time you got exp while farming for gear, abyssea changed FFXI more then you realize i think.
    (1)
    Last edited by Rambus; 03-18-2011 at 04:37 AM.

Character
    Rikuku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 4
    I should post a link to my recent screen shot of catastrophe and metsu, here is what I remember (both 90) ...

With VV/GH/RR

Catastrophe --> 250ish dmg
    Blade: Metsu --> 150ish dmg

WTF right? I'm lost... And yes it's not the average damage, it's the worst moment i had with relic... How possibly the WS is worse than normal attack??????????????????????????????????????????

Metsu -->
    (1)
    Last edited by Sama; 03-18-2011 at 04:59 AM.

Player
    Regardless.. i think its silly to force people to do outdated content to obtain the best weapon in the game (if they uber buffed relic / mythic for some reason)

I don't think their ultimate plan is to make empyreans the end all be all of weapons either.

I'm hopeful that whatever new endgame they release has a new omfgwtfbbq weapon to aim for.

Nothing in the game is currently endgame.. nor should be viewed as such.. suggesting that relics/mythics should always be the best will not help restore balance to the game either.
    (1)

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast