Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Again....just to rule it out...did you verify your browser support and plugins are enabled properly for the Java side? As stated earlier, clean installs can still fail because of default settings.

If everything can be verified to not be a problem on your side, then you have to go to the next link in the chain...your ISP...than check for issues with the segments past your ISP...and so and so and so forth. Have to start at one end and work your way out.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Enochroot
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Haha ok you're just trolling me now.

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes, I've tested all that you're suggesting and more. I'm a network engineer and web dev by trade, so this kind of stuff isn't exactly rocket science for me. This is a language I speak. What do you want me to do, use wireshark to capture the https session and post the data for you? C'mon.

And as I've stated several (getting to be many) times in this thread, I've tried this on 4 other ISP's already (5 if you count via 4G) including an ISP that's outside of the country I am currently sitting in.

I appreciate that you're trying to be helpful. But the next step would be "keep trying different ISPs!" - c'mon, man, it's getting ridiculous. SE just needs to acknowledge the problem. If they don't have the resources to fix this before today - and it's looking like they either don't, or don't care - then the least they can do is just manually enter me. And even if they can't do that - just a little bit of communication would be nice. I talk to support, support tells me to come here, and this forum appears to be a black hole where no one from SE will respond - not even to say "we're looking into it."
    (0)

no, actually trying to help. You have appeared to try NONE of the suggestions put forth here. It seems like you are asking for help, but unwilling to try to do anything to actually track down your problem.

If it is working for everyone else, but not you, then it would appear to be something specific to your environment that is causing the problem. Whether that is your system, your ISP, your local network segment, the network segments your ISP partners with or elswhere.... that all remains to be determined. You have to start somewhere....we're just trying to help you rule things out. It's what they do in support....but... guess you really don't want any help with your specific problem after all, since you know it all already, and have determined it is absolutely, positively SE's problem on their end. Good Luck.
    (2)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Enochroot
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Ok, I can now 100% confirm this is a problem with my SE account. A friend has given me their account details and I've tried it with their account and it worked 1st time. On my default browser, on my desktop, on my home network.
    (0)

Wasn't my first suggestion that it has to do with your content I.D/SE Account breaking some rules?

Edit: Nope, It was my second suggestion.
    (1)

Character
    Enochroot
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    But SE support has said they've found nothing wrong with my SE account - which is why they referred me to this forum... website... bugs...
    (0)

Do you have any more accounts linked to yours? You can only enter 1 Content ID per SE Account. So if you linked 3-4 Accounts to one, like with family or friends, and one of them entered, You're SoL.

IDK what to tell you, the fact that you found out that its got to do with your SE Account says something... Which is not "Website bugs". So we can also add "Customer Support was wrong" to the list of possibilities.
    (2)

Character
    Enochroot
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Yes, it says that SE are the only folks who can fix this problem. I'm on hold with support... again... to try to get this sorted out... again. That they've told me there's nothing wrong with the account, and that I can enter the contest on the same PC/OS/Browser/ISP with a different SE account... means that they're wrong and need to look at it again.
    (0)

Character
    Enochroot
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Update: they've found and fixed what was wrong with my account that caused the website to error out without actually displaying an error.

When they released security tokens, I opted to get one. It died within the first two weeks - so I contacted support and they wanted me to pay the full price for a replacement, which I (rightfully) balked at. I unlinked the token from the account and tossed the token. Whoever performed the unlinking process must've screwed it up somehow. And that's that.

Why this took 3 tickets being opened before it actually got properly looked at/resolved, is beyond me. I'm just glad a friend of mine was able to verify that it was nothing wrong with my environment.

This account problem only came to light because of how the account information was being read by the contest website. It's my opinion that if this problem affects more than just me (and I'm the only poor sod who bothered complaining about it) - then SE should acknowledge it on the POL site and extend the contest entry time.

As for me, I'm glad to have had the chance to enter and would like to thank SE support rep Barbara A. for working to resolve it.
    (5)

Hi Enochroot!

The Community Team is really glad that this was able to get resolved and we truly apologize that it wasn't done sooner. When we saw the situation we were discussing it internally on our side the past few days to see what could be done and what exactly the problem could be. Thankfully a solution was discovered!

With that said, good luck with the giveaway!
    (12)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast