Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Enochroot
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I've already gone to the trouble of testing on 4 of my own pieces of hardware (desktop, macbook air, thinkpad, ipad), my girlfriend's brother's laptop on his internet connection, my neighbor's desktop on his internet connection, and a UK friend's desktop via screen-sharing. Given that my local public library is currently being moved into a new building and everything is temporarily housed at the local YMCA, I don't think their network will be anything more than ad-hoc at best.

At this point I'm pretty much resolved to my fate. Come tomorrow after business hours (but before the contest ends) if I still can't enter the contest, I'll just drop my multiple choice answer and pick of shiny things here and hope someone at SE takes pity on me. Shame, too, apart from the moogle suit being cute, that all jobs scythe could be really useful.
    (1)

Have you tried the usual yet, run malware scans, remove and re-install Java, flash, etc? Also, make sure to enable Mozilla support as well. It sometimes has a brainfart and doesn't run java and such right on some browsers if it isn't set.
    (0)
    Last edited by RAIST; 07-12-2012 at 08:23 AM.
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Enochroot
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Like I've said, I've tried on enough different hardware/software/network combinations by now that I'm rejecting the notion that there's anything here that can be fixed by me. I'm just waiting for SE to address the problem.
    (1)

You won't know until you try. These are common things you need to verify first. IF you do actually get someone from tech support to help you, they are going to want you to go through these steps. It is standard protocol. Some of these things take just seconds to verify, and have been known to pinpoint the root of the problem.

And like the DNS check earlier, verifying your Java is another one of these very things. Apps don't always recognize the versioning on newer browsers and it may revert to trying to run it against the reported Mozilla compatible version in the ID string---if you don't have the Mozilla support enabled (it isn't always enabled by default), it will cause issues. I used to do IT work for an IBM and Microsoft partner...ran into this regularly when IE7 and later IE8 came out. So much so that I always go in and enable it routinely now and it slipped my mind until after I made that last post and went back and edited it in for you to verify it is enabled. I even saw it happen recently on an XP/IE8 system that couldn't get flash videos to run, and after they wiped all Adobe/Java off the machine and installed the latest versions it STILL didnt' work....ticked the box, opened a fresh browser, and BAM----videos started playing again.

Also may want to double-check your enabled plugins as well. There have been cases where the Java SSV plugin got disabled somehow and that caused problems running some scripts.
    (1)
    Last edited by RAIST; 07-12-2012 at 12:53 PM.
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

Hrm!

Okay I said I wont suggest this, but, one more different OS you could very easily try is Linux, or more specifically Gentoo Linux.
    • http://www.sysresccd.org/
    The latest stable x86 version at the time of writing is 2.8.0, and I just minutes ago downloaded it, installed to a USB-stick, and verified that it indeed does load the page without a problem on a Fujitsu Siemens AMILO Pro (designed for windoze XP) using the Midori browser on Xfce (older versions like 2.4.1 uses Firefox). As with regular Gentoo, it defaults to a Command Line Interface, but simply typing startx after boot should in most cases fire up the GUI. The instructions on the screen are quite simple, and it does offer some directions on what to do if 'startx' fails (whether it works or not without any modifications depends on the hardware a bit).

If nothing else, this should at least confirm that there indeed is nothing on the machine that is preventing things from working... I should think.

And no, this is not a shameless plug for Linux. >:Ð
    Just a thought!

Best of luck to ya~
    (1)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Enochroot
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Oh for crying out loud. Right. I just so happened to have this iso laying around for some client work, so I've set up a brand new Fedora 64-bit installation via VMware. Default Firefox, no extensions, Javascript enabled, etc. Same thing:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

Are we satisfied yet?
    (1)

You're just f**ked then. Seems like the best answer you'll get. It really sucks, But It doesn't look like they're bothering to look into it.

P.S I thought it ended on the 11th?
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    P.S I thought it ended on the 11th?
    Thursday, July 12, 2012 at 11:59pm (PDT)

Unless it was an issue that a ton of people are having then you probably won't get any help with it unfortunately.

Judging by the official page, it looks like it's an event where only about 6000 players will receive anything at all. It isn't like the previous bonanzas where you could pick marbles that ended with each digit 0-9 and guarantee yourself a prize. Don't feel too bad, there will be plenty of losers =/
    (0)

Character
    Enochroot
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I understand, but I'm paying the same amount as everyone else and should have the right to enter, like everyone else. Being left out, even though the odds are against winning, is pretty /sadface.
    (1)

Character
    Enochroot
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    For what it's worth, SE, feel free to enter me manually. Here are my answers:

- the expansion is called Seekers of Adoulin
    - #1 prize: Aymur
    - #2 prize: Umbral Marrow x5 (for my forthcoming Yoichinoyumi!)
    - #3 prize: Drachenhorn (because it looks so adorable on taru)
    - Ark Weapon: Scythe

Deliverable to Enochroot on Phoenix.
    (0)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast