Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Enochroot
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    If you've read the thread, I've tried 4 different ISPs, one in an entirely different country. I don't see how you could possibly think this is a DNS or ISP related issue. The likelihood of 4 different PCs on 4 different ISPs ALL having a problem with browser/malware/firewall/DNS, etc is pretty low. I'm getting to the site just fine - it's just not displaying anything after I log in, and I've pointed out an error I'm seeing in the Javascript via the web console. How exactly is this MY fault?

I appreciate your sympathy, but if you're going to chime in, please take the time to actually read the thread.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Enochroot View Post
    If you've read the thread, I've tried 4 different ISPs, one in an entirely different country. I don't see how you could possibly think this is a DNS or ISP related issue. The likelihood of 4 different PCs on 4 different ISPs ALL having a problem with browser/malware/firewall/DNS, etc is pretty low. I'm getting to the site just fine - it's just not displaying anything after I log in, and I've pointed out an error I'm seeing in the Javascript via the web console. How exactly is this MY fault?

I appreciate your sympathy, but if you're going to chime in, please take the time to actually read the thread.
    Website loaded finely after reading your thread. Just like the only other guy who responded was able to do. Its on your end. You're probably overlooking something obvious that you forgot about, Which is normal for someone to do, Just think hard. RAIST is telling you exactly what a tech support would.

My money is NoScript, Because when i first tried to load the page, It was a blank white, Like what you said you got... I then checked my NoScript and enabled the page, and it loaded.

It could also be your region, pretty sure quite a few regions are not eligible. While you have a NA SE Account, What region did you get your Disc from? If you've registered an imported JP Copy, You're SoL, cause your ID would be JP, who are not eligible for it. If you're having the problem across multiple computers, This is my guess - Your account is not eligible for whatever reason.

Check the rules, see if it conflicts anywhere. - Also, Do you have more than 1 account linked to your SE I.D? If so, one account per SE I.D, you might be SoL because of that too. There's a lot of issues that may not deal with your internet we could be overlooking.

Make sure NoScript Isn't active.
    Check contest rules once more, See if you overlooked something.
    Make sure your Flash/Java/whatever is up to date.
    Try on both Google and Mozilla (Can't hurt to retry)
    (1)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 07-12-2012 at 01:15 AM.

I did read the thread....guess you aren't comprehending what I was talking about. An infected DNS will cause problems for entire REGIONS, not just individual PC's. It would have taken you all of 30 seconds, maybe less, to verify if your DNS is not having issues if you would have just followed the link I provided.

In case you haven't been following the news....this is a roughly year old threat that government agencies have been holding at bay, but the program just went off-line and ISP's AND their customers are at risk. Note, that is the Internet Service Providers as well as the individual customer's machines. Entire companies have been infected with this crud, and were at risk for loosing internet access overnight because of it.
    (1)
    Last edited by RAIST; 07-12-2012 at 01:14 AM. Reason: I swear..between my poor typing skills and this old POS keyboard....
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIST View Post
    I did read the thread....guess you aren't comprehending what I was talking about. An infected DNS will cause problems for entire REGIONS, not just individual PC's. It would have taken you all of 30 seconds, maybe less, to verify if your DNS is not having issues if you would have just followed the link I provided.
    Think he was harping me RAIST :X
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Think he was harping me RAIST :X

idk..I was specifically addressing DNS redirect issues... but anyway...can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink.
    (1)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Huh, Maybe you're right. And you were actually helping him much more than me >___> Seems odd.
    (1)

Character
    Enochroot
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    The reason I'm posting here is because SE support thinks it's a website bug. I just want it addressed before the contest ends.

Again, it can't be noscript or anything like that if I'm using completely fresh browser installs (no extensions AT ALL), which I am. Others have already said they've gotten a region bug when logging in to the wrong region's contest site - but when I do, I'm not getting the region error - just the blank screen that I've already linked to. I get this screen with every browser, on every platform, on multiple ISPs. It literally cannot be something to do with my specific setup as I've tried it on computers that don't even belong to me and aren't even in my country. If it were a problem with region or something with my account, at the VERY least I'd expect an error message instead of a blank page.

As stated before, I think the Javascript that's throwing an error is trying to read information from my SE account that for whatever reason isn't set - which is why it's coming back as null. That whatever this value is, it hasn't been set, and hasn't been a problem prior to Right Now because I've been able to use the forums and FFXI. It's only now that my SE account is being accessed via the contest website that this problem is coming to light. I just want them to fix it in time.

My account meets all the stated eligibility requirements on:
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/eve...012/index.html

I'm just a paying customer (and have been, for quite some time) who wants to be treated like all the rest and be able to join in on the fun. I'd love for Camate or Bayohne to chime in on this.
    (1)

Thats just the thing though, Camate and Bayohne can't help you. They're Community Reps, They have absolutely nothing to do with Websites not loading or site bugs, Thats what the techs are for, Not even the Dev team knows whats going on with the sites.

Theres literally nothing anyone on this forum can do to help you, GM's, Camate, etc. You'd have to go directly to Square Enix Support, and even then, You'll likely get a guy telling you to check your connection, because he's going to log on to the site, be unable to duplicate your error (like me, Raist, and the other guy did), and then tell you there's nothing he can do.

Working at a hosting company as Customer service for a while, i can tell you, there's very little someone can do if they

A) Can't duplicate your Issue
    B) Can't directly access your PC to verify what you're saying is correct.

Its just how it works with Internet sites not loading. If they can't duplicate your issue, they're going to tell you its on your side cause their client loads it just fine. IDK what to tell you, Its a sucky error and i feel bad for you, But theres nothing anyone here could do for you. Try contacting SE Support. If you already have, try again, speak to someone higher up... It might not help, But its the best you can hope for.
    (1)

Character
    Enochroot
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I have spoken with support yesterday and again today. They say the engineers are working on it but can't give me an ETA. I'd like the community reps to chime in because... hey, I'm a member of the community who's getting the shaft. Maybe what we need aren't community representatives but community advocates.

Going through these forums looking at all the locked threads with subjects like "omg, can't get my destrier beret" - well, it's disheartening. What makes this issue such an annoying one is that there appears to be a deadline attached to it. If they can't figure it out before the contest is over, that's it. No recourse. Hell, I may not even win anything - but to be kept from entering for reasons not within my control? That's pretty damned frustrating.
    (1)

and to add insult to injury, they are pretty much insulated from any claims against them if something out of their control is preventing you from entering. One of the downsides to signing a User Agreement.

As Karbuncle said...nothing can be done here. Your bone to pick with them is a completely seperate division...I don't even know if you can get in contact with their webmaster(s) about site issues. I went through this last fall when I got cut off from the forums with the payment snafus--glitch in the site beyond FFXI's Support team's control that could not be resolved until my FFXI account was fixed. Almost 3 months later, I bit the bullet and switched to Crysta to reactivate---and magically everything was all hunky-dory with SE AM again.

Edit:
    Here's a thought. Do you have access to the web at somewhere like a library--be it College Campus or a Public Library? These networks are <usually> kept pretty clean, might be worth a shot.
    (0)
    Last edited by RAIST; 07-12-2012 at 06:07 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast