Thread: Wise Strap

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daiiawn View Post
    As someone who in the past has had a near perfectly geared blm, it pains me when i see blms who have signifigantly better gear than me, yet also go with the wise strap.

So just to clarify to anyone using or thinking of using one (and they arnt cheap, they are around 500k on my server). Unless you are going for that one epeen nuke to go in a sig, you are far better off NOT using wise strap.

Why you ask?

Wise strap gives you mag crit hit rate +3%. That is 3% chance of getting +10mab on one nuke. This averages out to 0.3mab per nuke. The 2 int on buggard+1 will by a very long way surpass the average boost you get from wise strap.

So in short, gear wisely, ditch the wise strap!
    50k on Siren.
    Besides it's important for the magic crit.
    Maleficus
    Wise Strap
    Jinx Ampula
    Nebula Hat +1
    Hecate's Earring
    Yhel Jacket +1(Still working on that.)
    Goetia Gloves +2
    Cybele Pants
    Nebula Pigaches +1
    +37% magic crit.
    You can supposedly get another 8% on MMM rings, but I've never seen them.
    (0)

Character
    Odintius
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Just like more grip's and maybe magian trail ones >.>
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Odintius View Post
    Just like more grip's and maybe magian trail ones >.>
    [Yes Please!] because use 2hand users are left in the dust compaired to the dual wielders.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Also, as far as the 'big epeen' nuke goes, it's still better to just use Bugard Strap +1 cause you're epeen nuke will be bigger when you do end up critting.
    Again this is true, in my OP i had overlooked af3+2 hands, so i said that wise strap is ok for the epeen nukes, assuming that you have a 0% base crit rate.

Also what gear are you using to hit 23 mab per crit and 19% crit hit rate? I ask because the chances are you will be using something in another slot that again in terms of DoT is better replaced with something else (and you seem happy to take advie on it)
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    50k on Siren.
    Maleficus
    Wise Strap
    Jinx Ampula
    Nebula Hat +1
    Hecate's Earring
    Goetia Gloves +2
    Cybele Pants
    Nebula Pigaches +1
    +37% magic crit.
    Ive only just woken up, so if this post was meant in jest, please ignore me. If however it wasnt meant in jest and it is being suggested that due to the large amount of mcrit this is a good set (despite the fact that someone mentioned on the last page the cap is 30%, which i personally have no idea about). I'll quickly go through it and explain why its not good

First of all, the only +crit damage gear in there is the boost from af3+2 hands, so using other people's numbers on the previous page, that puts you at +13mab per crit.

Mab per nuke (average):
    Weapon - 10 + 0.05*13 = 10.65.
    [10.65 is by a LONG way worse than elemental/magian staves. For example the level 90 Laevateinn has + 50mab on it, but is only better than magian +2 staves if you have less than 67 Magic Atk. Bonus (including job traits, gear and atmas)]

Strap - 0.03 * 13 = 0.39 mab.
    [As discussed on the previous page the 1 int on bugg+1 will outperform the 0.39 mab.]

Head - 0.03 * 13 + 5 int = 0.39 mab + 5 int
    [Again this is easily surpassed by many gear choices, goet head +2 for example at 8 int]

Neck - 0.01*13 = 0.13 mab.
    [0.13 mab is by a Long way worse than any +7 neck, Ugg pendant, Artemis' Medal (even during new moon]

Body - 10 + 0.05 * 13 = 10.65
    [While this body isnt awful, af3+2 on its own is still marginally better. Af3+2 body becomes even stronger in comparisson when you have 5/5 and the chance of set bonus proccing]

Legs - 0.03 * 13 + 10 int = 0.39mab + 10 int
    [Again not an awful item, but with 7mab and the set bonus proc af3+2 legs are likely to come out ahead *I dont know the actual numbers on set boost proc rate for af3+2, maybee someone can plug them in, i may be proven wrong on body/legs)

Feet - 0.02 * 13 + 6 int = 0.26 mab + 6int
    [Comfortably out performed by the 10 int on af3+2 feet]

*If an item hasnt been listed above, then afaik it is the best option currently available in that slot

**While i dont know the exact numbers on cmp augment proc, i have assumed it procs on 10% of cmp's. Since cmp has a 25% base, that means i am assuming cmp procs on 2.5% of all nukes. If we round that down to 2% proc rate, that means you are getting on average as a bonus for wearing 5/5 af3+2 of 2% (2% proc rate for 100% damage boost).
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daiiawn View Post
    (despite the fact that someone mentioned on the last page the cap is 30%, which i personally have no idea about)
    There's a difference between reading it somewhere and trying ti for yourself. Where's the evidence?
    (0)

Player
    Slap on Impregnable atma, get a M crit with Mcrit gear, then get a M crit without M crit gear, backsolve. I don't know who tested it but I've heard of a cap as well.
    (0)

Player
    50k on Siren.
    Maleficus
    Wise Strap
    Jinx Ampula
    Nebula Hat +1
    Hecate's Earring
    Goetia Gloves +2
    Cybele Pants
    Nebula Pigaches +1
    +37% magic crit.
    I'm having trouble deciding if you're trolling or not.
    (0)

Player
    There's a difference between reading it somewhere and trying ti for yourself. Where's the evidence?
    Im not saying there is a cap, i am merely stating that someone mentiond there is a cap (wether they have evidence or not, is not for me to say). Further more i even say that i personally have no idea if that is true or not. You want me to provide evidence that i have no knowledge on wether or not a cap exists? Sure!

Initially i couldnt decide if it was a troll post or not, but having read many many other threads on these forums, ive come to the conclusion that sadly it probably isnt and in fact, even when faced with pesky evidence showing that a mcrit set is less efficient than a mab/int build, the poster will probably still believe mcrit is the way to go.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'd go prove it, but no servers. lol
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast