Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

First off let me start by apologizing that this information was not conveyed during our time at VanaFest. I can assure you that we did not intentionally leave this out.

To give some insight as to why this slipped through the cracks, this was mentioned briefly before the start of the quiz when Bayohne and I were in our booth preparing for the stream and we didn’t catch that it was said due to it's spontaneity. Unfortunately we did not have any prior knowledge that this would be announced and we wish we could have given you this information right away.

With that said, these are a few of the “behind-the-scenes” secrets that were revealed on stage:
    • Use of "/fume" emote on Voidwatch monsters to shuffle weaknesses
    • The great katana "Murasame" has an additional hidden effect that turns all weapon skills into non-elemental damage when used.
    • Using Camouflage after activating Decoy Shot will remove the enmity cap on Decoy Shot.

Sorry again for the delay in getting the above information out to you all.
    Murasame or Murasamemaru?
    (2)

We thought something was a bit off, so I double checked on this again since we were curious and it is in fact Murasamemaru that has this hidden effect.
    (7)
    Last edited by Camate; 07-10-2012 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Correction on the weapon name
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Okay, thanks for clearing that up Camate
    (1)

Player
    Tell us more behind the scene things! Stuff like Camoflage on Decoy shot are things that players will have never figured out unless SE tells us. There's nothing intuitive about tricks like this that would guide players to figure stuff like this out. No NPCs alude to this, the help text doesn't reference it, there's no way a player would have figured anything out about any of the stuff that Tanaka revealed to players. I understand the Murasame/Muramasameru thing are hidden effects so those are exempt but in general there are too many 'hidden' things in this game that either are not intuitive or have clues about them.

Players now in 2012 still have no idea how SE expected players to legitimately defeat Pandaemonium Warden at 75 with supposedly only a single alliance of 18 people without Alexander(SE said it was possible without Perfect Defense) in less than 2 hours. There has to be a way to lock Astral Flow or something that we don't know about and have never figured out even today(and nobody will ever know because now we just use Perfect Defense). The secret to defeat Pandaemonium Warden legitemetly will probably be obscure and zany like using an emote or using soulcatcher or something that doesn't make sense. The whole /fume thing in Voidwatch and /kneel against Zantetsuken vs Odin are poorly implemented gameplay mechanics because they are completely unknown to players unless we're told by the developers these secrets. Just reveal them to us or include better clues or hints to these mechanics in game through npc dialogue or little clues through mob dialogue in battle.
    (18)

Player
    Camouflage is useless as long as it wears off after WS. But I know this isn't going to be addressed so whatever.
    (2)

Player
    <FFXI 2012>: We might just learn the secret formula that powers Treasure Hunter.
    (5)

Character
    Foxfire
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    <FFXI 2012>: We might just learn the secret formula that powers Treasure Hunter.
    This will never, ever happen. It's too good a secret.
    (3)
    Opinions are opinions. Keep 'em that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    play D&D and u will figure it out
    (0)

Character
    Renly
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Once again SE makes the na/eu community feel neglected.

Also having your reps post about it after the fact makes you look even more silly
    (4)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

><)))°v

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

First off let me start by apologizing that this information was not conveyed during our time at VanaFest. I can assure you that we did not intentionally leave this out.

To give some insight as to why this slipped through the cracks, this was mentioned briefly before the start of the quiz when Bayohne and I were in our booth preparing for the stream and we didn’t catch that it was said due to it's spontaneity. Unfortunately we did not have any prior knowledge that this would be announced and we wish we could have given you this information right away.

With that said, these are a few of the “behind-the-scenes” secrets that were revealed on stage:
    • Use of "/fume" emote on Voidwatch monsters to shuffle weaknesses
    • The great katana "Murasamemaru" has a hidden effect that turns all weapon skills into non-elemental damage when used.
    • Using Camouflage after activating Decoy Shot will remove the enmity cap on Decoy Shot.

Sorry again for the delay in getting the above information out to you all.
    Not exactly your fault. :b
    But thou art forgiven!

Especially since now I can make that mesmerizing sweet ruby light with Tachi: Jinpu!
    At long last ! !! !

I guess that would be the only use for that, ha... haha...

Thanks for sharing. ^^
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast