Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    I've had vorpals hit close to 3k in abyssea in pearl gear and easily obtained swords like honorbound. It's not that difficult to do. A paladin who goes all out for damage can put out good numbers. They may not be monks or dragoons - but they can deffinitely add acceptable melee dps to any group.
    Cool I've hit a 4k Vorpal before that doesn't mean I average it or anything remotely close to it. >.>
    (0)

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    Cool I've hit a 4k Vorpal before that doesn't mean I average it or anything remotely close to it. >.>
    You miss the point, as usual.

The point is if even a paladin who is just goofing around with mediocre dps gear and no merits in that direction can land 3k vorpals, I think it's safe to say in the right hands the paladin can make an acceptable damage dealer - thus refuting the hollow claim paladins are useless and weak and can't do damage.

I've been reading your posts for awhile now Zag and I have to say to make you satisfied and not say paladins suck they would have to be mini Gods that run around one shotting entire zones...this latest argument of yours pretty much taking the cake. Now you are implying paladins would have to average 4k damage per weapon skill to not "suck" at dps. It's just nonsense.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dale; 07-02-2011 at 06:16 AM.

When so much of your damage is coming from Cruor buffs/Atmas, you're not really going to average much higher than 2k-2.5k Vorpals even with ideal gear =/.

ITT: People have different definitions of suck. The melee SMN thread totally didn't teach people that at all.
    (0)

Character
    Sephiran
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I like this a lot. I really want to the magic aspects of PLD get some love. (I still sub WHM, I love them so much.)
    (0)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7