Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I think, at best, we might hope for a Enmity loss reduction trait. Outright reversing that mechanic is pretty broken I'd say.
    (0)

Character
    Sonshou
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 98
    Allow PLD to do Crowd control by straight tanking multiple enemies! from the past, BLM/RDM are key to all events becoz they're the only job to do crowd control by sleeping them. There is no alternative to keep mobs asleep as mean of crowd control. PLD lacks the ability to provoke or draw hate from mobs in area.

Allow PLD to gain area effect spells or ability, then they can do crowd control in battles, especially in enemy stronghold where enemies roaming around, or when party need to constantly on the move. In that way Paladin can shine without losing their characteristic of being high defence low offence.
    (0)

Character
    Orenwald
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    Honestly, reversing them would be the only way for a PLD to keep up with a ridiculously geared DD, like any DD in full AF3+2 >< lol
    (0)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Really, you don't have to keep up with said DDs. The best anyone can do is cap hate, then maintain it. Its not like they can get ahead of you once you're both at the hate cap. But you can't keep it from bouncing to whoever acted last either. Which is not exactly a resounding endorsement for PLD, but that's the way it is.
    (0)

Character
    Kitykat
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonshou View Post
    Allow PLD to do Crowd control by straight tanking multiple enemies! from the past, BLM/RDM are key to all events becoz they're the only job to do crowd control by sleeping them. There is no alternative to keep mobs asleep as mean of crowd control. PLD lacks the ability to provoke or draw hate from mobs in area.

Allow PLD to gain area effect spells or ability, then they can do crowd control in battles, especially in enemy stronghold where enemies roaming around, or when party need to constantly on the move. In that way Paladin can shine without losing their characteristic of being high defence low offence.
    Voke-ga? I dont have a PLD leveled, my boyfriend does. He's always saying though that to fix PLD they have to be able to hold enmity. This needs fixed majorly.. but voke-ga..AOE voke WOULD be cool.. imo but im a WHM. I miss the WHM+PLD working relationship =P
    (0)

Character
    Sagian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 66
    Remove enmity caps completely (or make them so large as to be impossible) and adjust (or add to) Paladin's enmity control abilities.

I have no problem with maintaining or reclaiming hate on IT mobs until someone else caps their enmity. Then it's ping-pong.

Any mob below IT is another story. They become 'soft' and DD's just generate too much hate and the mob usually goes down faster than a PLD can cap their enmity. Still, a PLD should have some method of mitigating that.
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    lower damage enmity generation and give tanks new enmity tools, that the only way to fix tank over DD tanking.

Uping cap won't do anything since damage is biggest source of enmity
    (0)

If Paladin's need anything, it isn't to be preoccupied with their parser stats. Tying Paladins' ability to maintain enmity to having an Empyrean weapon is no solution and you guys know it. Nor is having Paladins do cheap imitations of Warriors, Dark Knights, etc.

If Paladins are to regain its true status as the best tank of the game, 3 things need to happen:

1) Defense Bonuses need to be redefined as the reduction of a percentage of damage taken

2) Vitality needs to be tied to PDT rather than Defense while MND needs to be tied to MDT (2:1? 4:1? That's open for discussion)

3) The enmity cap needs to be raised by 100% for Paladins (and made unavailable with /PLD) while all actions' enmity gain needs to be accelerated to reach that cap faster than other melee jobs. Enmity loss should be decelerated equally, as well.

No Paladin should be concerned with their parser stats to do their jobs. Damage contributed by a paladin should be an extra rather than an essential.
    (0)
    Last edited by Hayward; 03-23-2011 at 06:48 AM.
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

Sounds like some one played pally on WoW from the OP. I'd be down with it!
    (0)

Character
    Karinya
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekundes View Post
    That or taking away dd's ability to survive so well, in and out of abyssea and honestly, I wouldn't really want the latter.
    I do. If everyone can survive everything, what is the point? There's no accomplishment in beating down an "HNM" so weak it can't even kill a DD.

Players in general are too strong, and fixing that will *restore* game balance that has been out of whack since ToAU.
    (0)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast