Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Give us the old levelling system back!

I'm serious, the book burning and aby burning system really is rubbish, and now even finding low level sync parties is getting harder by the day. All people do is spend 20 levels in Gusgen and then pay gilsellers 300-500k gil to level their characters for them in Abyssea. I wouldn't mind doing FoV pages in a good proper party, but the bonuses for FoV are rubbish compared to GoV pages since they don't increase the xp every time a page is completed and a very rare number of people still show interest in leveling the old way since they've been spoilt with being boosted in Abyssea. Remaining in a low level sync means I don't get to skill up any of my skills so at 99 I gotta spend day after day trying to level them up. At least the old way my skills got to level with my job. Plus the constant levelling in Gusgen means people don't need to buy new gear or food, so the market for food, clothes and weapons for levels 20-90 has crashed.

Please SE, make leveling fun again, and give us a reason to venture out and level in other places. And please, improve those FoV pages so that it doesn't take weeks/months to hit max level, because that is probably the only reason why people aren't as interested in them as they are in GoV and Abyssea pages.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    This is the wrong subforum for your complaint. Localization deals with potential translation problems between the JP and NA versions.

You would probably want to post your complaint in General Discussion.
    (1)

Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Hmm, I thought feedback was the best place to post about ingame feedback and the other subforums were about the website not the game. Sorry for misunderstanding.
    (0)

Yeah, well, SE just doesn't want there to be a midgame anymore.
    (1)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    The old leveling system it's still there. It's not SE that killed it, but players, because they don't wanna deal with it anymore. If you feel differently, there's nothing stopping you from finding five like-minded people and level the old way. (Aside from the fact that there may not be five other people who actually enjoyed leveling.)
    (1)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Players go whereever the best exp, regardless of how boring it is. If "old style parties" gave 2 million exp per hour, everyone would be like "lol why exp in abyssea do you like slow exp or what?"
    (0)

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Just..... No.
    (0)

Character
    Volarione
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 91
    dont get me wrong I LOVED the old parties, I still teeam up with friends and pt in dunes sometimes, but there are better ways now. the price you pay now is having to skill up again
    (0)