Character
    Duvemora
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BST Lv 39

New Spell Icons feedback

Edit: Was gonna say they were hard to read. Nevermind, I see the post now explaining that they will be used with the macro palette later on, and are not intended to be used in the list format.

Would be nice to see them be used in the list format with larger icons somehow. I would assume it might take a while to get used to associating the icons with the spells. Even with the nifty explanation in the other topic.

Starting to visualize how they will look in the macro palette... once a person would get used to the icons, I can see them being a lot better than text.

If the icons were to be used in place of text, would weapon skills and job abilities be getting new icons as well? I saw that 2-Hour abilities have new icons.

Of course, this is just my assumption that the icons can or will be used to replace the text in the macro palette.
    (0)
    Last edited by Duvemora; 07-07-2012 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Duve needs to read things before posting!

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    They will most certainly be used for the macro panel that will always be available.
    (0)

Player
    Personally I think the new Icons will be great for the 'Hotbar' that is expected to be coming for the new UI. The Icon changes aren't too subtle, but get the point. I do wonder though if you'll be able to make it sort of like what the macros are now (with subtle names or something to that extent)
    (0)
    DNC99 ~ BST99 ~ NIN99 ~ SCH99 ~ BLM98 ~ BLU96 ~ SMN91 ~ RDM90
    FFXI Player (most of the time) since March 2006 [Fairy -> Sylph Server]
    Completed All Main Storyline Scenarios ~ Leathercraft 100+5 Main/Cooking 101+2 Mule

Character
    Waterdust
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I think menu-wise the icons SUCK, want to know why? It's near impossible to tell the
    element color in some situations!

At least in the old style I could see black was black, but now = ?? I can confuse light with earth,
    thunder & ice. At least give us an option to change it back for now, or allow it to only be used
    in this hotbar you mention.
    (1)
    Signed,

Prof. Farnsworth:
    That proves nothing! And furthermore, you'd think I could remember a thing like that!
    Plus, who are you anyway?