Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Why? I put on 50 HP/tick and afk on turtles in full Haste gear with Hasso.

Edit: ooooh, you mean for mass skilling up with multiple weak monsters. I'm past the point where I could survive a crowd of that size that still gives skillup even with Phalanx and PDT gear.
    If you don't remember, SE made a change in the most recent version update so you can reach skill cap on mobs that check DC to you. So that means just about anything in Abyssea is fair game. You should be able to hit cap on anything from this method. Granted it might get slow towards the end, but it must be possible.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Not just possible, it is easy. /RDM for Phalanx works ok, not that geat. Target areas I'd say are mandies in Tahrongi Canyon or (if Tahrongi is overcamped, which is usually the case) mandies in Misareaux Coast.

Atma choices:
    Atma of Vicissitude
    Atma of the Stronghold
    Atma of the Mounted Champion

All of these give DEF and Regen to a total of 50 HP/tick. Staying alive against multiple mandies is not an issue with this. All out DEF/PDT gear and Defender up, you'll quickly take < 20 damage/hit in Tahrongi, < 30 damage/hit in Misareaux Coast.

When I did it I was /BLM for D2, /RDM for Phalanx is a nice idea but because of the low enhancing magic skill, mobs still get through it. Rather just get 3~4 mandies and change targets occasionally. 4 mandies hitting on you will give you skillups like crazy. In the time I got Staff from 270 to 330 (~ 1 hour) I also got parrying from 260 to 266, which is insane. Normally I don't even get a single skillup in 1 hour, this really made me wanna do more.

Of course Staff is easier 'cause Terra's Staff has PDT-20%, but it should still be possible with other wapons with less mandies (2~3 depending on your other gear). I didn't even have dark rings with any kind of DT bonus, or Grim Cuirass or Metallon Mantle, so if people do, it should help them a lot.
    (0)

Character
    Cero
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Phalanx is still good even on RDM subjob. You can shave off 11 damage per hit, 12 with some gear many people have around or that's cheap off the AH, and 13 if you're hardcore about it. 50% PDT with Defender & Tacos will result in very close to 0 every hit. I used 2 PDT atma and Atma of the Stronghold when it did it and was able to safely do around 15~ mandies solo, maybe more.
    (0)

Character
    Nepharite
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Have you guys tried to skill up on fortalices in Xarca[s]?
    Just seems a lot easier than this, although this would work better for breaking latents.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepharite View Post
    Have you guys tried to skill up on fortalices in Xarca[s]?
    They don't skill high enough and not fast enough, because you can't use Retaliation to its full potential, easily the best skillup ability in the game.
    (0)

Character
    Nepharite
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    They don't skill high enough and not fast enough, because you can't use Retaliation to its full potential, easily the best skillup ability in the game.
    You could get up to 276 before the update that changed what you could skill up to.
    Also you can afk on them. So I guess if you want to do it as quickly as possible, abyssea retalliation skllups are faster. Although if you want to do it more easily, fortalices sound more logical.
    (0)

Player
    I tried the forts, and the skill range I saw was horrible. And even with the lowest dmg weapon, you're killing it in less than 5 minutes when you're 200+. I didn't post this thread to say it's the only way to skillup, as it obviously is not. However, if you have the appropriate atmas and/or a RDM PL, you can complete a weapon(180-300+)+latent in 1.5-2hrs each.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
    I tried the forts, and the skill range I saw was horrible. And even with the lowest dmg weapon, you're killing it in less than 5 minutes when you're 200+. I didn't post this thread to say it's the only way to skillup, as it obviously is not. However, if you have the appropriate atmas and/or a RDM PL, you can complete a weapon(180-300+)+latent in 1.5-2hrs each.
    Don't know what weapon you're using, but I got from 175 to 260ish GK over several hours using either 3 or 5 fortalices. First one lasted at least 3 hours due to misses. Last one lasted at least an hour or two.
    D 1, 280 delay GK

This was while doing hw, paying minimal attention.
    (0)

Character
    Greever
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Counterstance also works wonders
    (0)

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    counterstance + retaliation = insane skillups. with proper atmas for regen, PDT, and a healer backing you up, you can take EASILY 10 mandies at once, and youll counter damn near 100% of their attacks
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast