Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Myou
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

Why Mythic making shouldn't get hit with the nerf bat.

Salvage updates are just around the corner (maybe...) and I just wanted to share my perspective on this update, and how I feel it should, or shouldn't, be carried out.

Alot of people who don't have a mythic have been begging for the adjustments to salvage to make Mythic building easier. Personally, I disagree with this. Nowhere in any of the offical posts from any SE employee or representative was it ever stated that Relic, Emp, and Mythic weapons were designed to be evenly difficult to obtain. I would even point to the overlapping of the afterglow (Mythic > Relic> Emp) as proof that Mythic is ment to be a much more difficult process.

People say it's too time consuming, and that the game should require skill, not time. But this isn't an arcade game or old fashion side scrolling metriod. This isn't even a MMO like WoW where you can dodge attacks with the jump button and run freely while attacking your target, it's designed differently. This game does require time. Emps, Relics and Mythics especially, aren't really a reward for skill. They are a reward for dedication. And the time taken to obtain the alexandrites doesn't need to be lowered so that the casual Joe who plays 3 times a week and holds a 10 hour a day job can get the weapon. It's ment for the hardcore people who play for 4+ hours a day; and don't pretend like those people don't exist.

The game is already quickly becoming endgame only, as everyone caps out their jobs in less then a week by leeching in abyssea. So please let SE reward the endgamers who play hardcore with a little something extra over their casual counterparts. Thanks.
    (1)

Player
    I disagree. Same as with Heavy Metal Plates there is a shortage of these for how many you need and now many want them. New Salvage might be good, and might be terrible, we don't know. Heavy Metal has alot of people after it, even if money is easy for you to get, the supply of how many are around you can buy are the true problem.
    Alexs suffer this same problem, buying them might not be a problem for some people, but the supply of how many there are to buy is. Actually this is worse, unlike Dyna where 1 person can go solo and get some, all forms of getting Alexs require 3 people to at least go in, which creates a problem with supply. The limit is 1 time a day at best, but you also need to do an assault as well to get the points to spend. Overall this requires to much when you also add all of the background things that need be done, it adds up, and thats why people complain, because it asks for alot before Alex, then Alex is worse than Dyna or Abyssea by far.
    (7)

Character
    Arciele
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    disagree too.

there is not enough alexandrite in the game, and nobody wants to get it themselves.

the game isn't fast approaching endgame. it has been at endgame for the last 7 years. and endgame is for everyone. in the past the model for relic weapons was a degree of skill and dedication, but they've let that slide out the window with relic changes and empyreans.

if you want to be a snowflake for your "hardcore dedication", get your lv99+ relic/mythic/empyrean and get with the times.
    old endgame is continually being phased out by new endgame. old hardcore relic/mythic/empyrean is nothing, afterglow onry.
    (7)

Character
    Myou
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arciel View Post
    disagree too.

there is not enough alexandrite in the game, and nobody wants to get it themselves.

the game isn't fast approaching endgame. it has been at endgame for the last 7 years. and endgame is for everyone. in the past the model for relic weapons was a degree of skill and dedication, but they've let that slide out the window with relic changes and empyreans.

if you want to be a snowflake for your "hardcore dedication", get your lv99+ relic/mythic/empyrean and get with the times.
    old endgame is continually being phased out by new endgame. old hardcore relic/mythic/empyrean is nothing, afterglow onry.
    Afterglow costs 4x as much in some cases as even a current Mythic does. That's a little more time consuming then even I wish things to be... lol 500M is a resonably farmable amount for an endgamer in this economy. 1.5 billion gil for 150 scoricas is not. :x
    (0)

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Myo View Post
    I have a mythic through the system in place, please don't nerf it because i'll have wasted over half a year of my life for nothing.
    sorry, that's all i could read.
    (20)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Myo View Post
    Afterglow costs 4x as much in some cases as even a current Mythic does. That's a little more time consuming then even I wish things to be... lol 500M is a resonably farmable amount for an endgamer in this economy. 1.5 billion gil for 150 scoricas is not. :x
    If it were only a matter of money that would be one thing, but the supply is different. Currently we have low supply of Alexs, if the supply goes up chances are the price will go down, if price goes down it becomes easier. However if it still has a low supply we still have a problem, no matter how you look at it, this is bad.
    (2)

Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    DISAGREE! Entirely. But at least I got a good laugh this morning.
    (2)

99 BLU,PLD,SCH,RNG,NIN,BST,SMN,THF,BLM,WHM... Any questions..?

Player
    Great joke OP, would read again. I especially liked this part:
    And the time taken to obtain the alexandrites doesn't need to be lowered so that the casual Joe who plays 3 times a week and holds a 10 hour a day job can get the weapon. It's ment for the hardcore people who play for 4+ hours a day; and don't pretend like those people don't exist.
    Many luls to you sir. /tophat.
    (5)

Player
    Alexandrite isn't really like heroin in the middle of a large city, expensive but readily available. Alexandrite is more like heroin in rural Alabama, good luck finding enough of it to do the job even if you have enough money to buy a mountain of the stuff and ski down it.

I doubt the price will go down even if more Alexandrite hits the market, because that would just give all the folks who are half-way there and serious about it a chance to finally finish with the money they've been saving up.

Also, meant.
    (2)

Character
    Samosa
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I have to disagree as well, I have no issue with the amount of Alex required for the weapon. The issue is the supply of Alex, very few people do Salvage anymore as the gear is no longer as good as it used to be. Also the supply of Alex that has been introduced from Nyzul Isle Uncharted has made much of a difference.
    Hopefully when the dev team look at Salvage/Assualt they will consider increasing the amount of Alex that drops and also hopefully remove the 3-man minimum to enter.
    (0)
    Last edited by Samosa; 07-06-2012 at 06:56 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast