Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Rinza
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

ATTN DEVS: Attaining Mythic Weapons Needs To Be Reconfigured

Currently Mythic Weapons take 100 times more gil then relics and 100 times more play time then Relics and Empy Weapons and most are not as good as their Empy or Relic conterparts. IMO I think they need to cut the number of Alex down to 3k with the reduced supply for Alexander pushin the prices into the 25-30k a piece range and cut the number of tokens to 10k. This reduces the time still take more time then either Relic or Empy with the number or Nyzul runs for tokens and still costs 75,000,000 to 90,000,000 gil at current prices if people are just buyin the alexandrite.
    (18)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    lol, never happening.
    (1)

The only thing wrong with mythics is alexandrite supply, which SE is trying to address, but not really doing a good job of.
    (8)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Just make everything drop alexandrite

how hard can it be?

same goes for all the other items that are ridiculously expensive but create weapons that are weaker than empys.

not looking at the fake-empys items here, not at all.
    (2)

Character
    Khiinroye
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    From the census data on total number of relics, empyreans, and mythics since the last census:

Relics: +9928 (27.2 per day)
    Empyreans: +56001 (153.4 per day)
    Mythics: +66 (0.18 per day)

Relics are 150.4x easier to obtain than mythics, and empyreans are 848.5x easier.
    (12)

Character
    Garota
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This issue has been addressed tons of times... They thought adding Alexandrite to Nyzul would help, but Neo-Nyzul turned out to be not as efficient as many hoped. There is still hope with the Salvage renewal.

I personally think Alexandrite should be added to: Einherjar as a possible, single drop from all regular mobs, bosses could drop Cotton Coinpurses, Odins could drop Linen Coinpurses; all Assault Missions should have a possibility to drop a Cotton Coinpurse for successful completion located in the Ancient Lockboxes; all Qiqirn should drop these since they're said to have such a fixation for shiny objects. But that would be putting the game on stupidly easy mode.

My favorite part, get this, is when players stock up massive amounts of Alexandrite and they are still a Private Second Class, have no ToAU mission progress, have never done a day of Einherjar in their life, don't have any Nyzul Progress to floor 100 or better yet.... Have no idea what any of the prerequisites for a Mythic Weapon are. Alexandrite is only one of many tedious things a player has to do in order to make a Mythic Weapon, but if you don't do those first, Alexandrite is just going to take up inventory space since they won't be able to turn them into Paparoon.

Granted, Nyzul can be easily climbed to 100 with a competent group of experienced players in a matter of maybe a week, but players must still wait a minimum of 50 days until they can successfully complete all assault missions and well, I don't want to do the math for Einherjar... The level cap must have made a few of these easier... But I still want to see more Alexandrite land into my inventory so I can toss my ZNM trophies at Balrhan's face...

Mythic weapons are truly a chore compared to Relics (which are based mostly on gil now) and Empyreans (which are based mostly on time now). I'd like to see some aspects to be made more attainable, but it will truly take dedication from a player to go through to actually Forge a New Myth.
    (7)

Character
    Rinza
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    This what I am talkin about! Relics and Empys are so much easier to get I think they need to rethink the whole quest outline. I mean the assaults are 50 days!!! To get that many tokens would take alot longer! Not to mention the Ichor! It's no wonder that only 66 Mythics exist. I think with the revamp of Salvage they should revamp the quests for Mythic and the total number of random crap you have to get to bring them in line with the time requirements of Empys and the gil requirement of Relics.
    (2)

Character
    Hekuteku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The only issue with mythics is the supply of alexandrites, really the easiest fix to this would be to allow people to enter salvage solo which would attract more farmers as the 3 person requirement puts people off. As of this post I need only 5447 to finish mine off and really I find the only issue is supply. gil is easy enough to make that between salvage and buying I can easily at current prices (15-20k) get 300 a day which puts it at about the same as the time required to complete things like the assaults or nyzul tokens or ein gathering as long as the alexandrites are there to buy so really its more a need to get people to farm it like dynamis rather than just altering the quests. with the new salvage in sept (unless they delay it) supply should pick up making it easier to complete it as long as the gear from it is relevent enough to get groups into doing it.

As for the other requirements really if you look at time spent doing things (most assaults take 5-15mins now you can do 15 floors in nyzul on a single tag and you can spam T3 ein with as few as 6 and clear it well before the timer) vs the time needed to farm a dynamis relic (2hrs a day for 100 days solo) its not really that far apart. As for empies meh they were easy from the start and only a few really are worth any investment at all (and most will never see Lv. 95 upgrades especially once VW becomes redundant).
    (0)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I may be alone with this opinion... but I think the Mythics are fine as they are. We have empyreans, which are effectively free weapons that are great, that just take a little time and patience to obtain, and for the VNMs on some, and Abyssea NMs, a few friends to help out.

Relics can be soloed for the most part, and also just takes some time and/or gil to obtain, and are also excellent weapons.

Mythics, are just as the name implies... weapons of legend, so rare that when you actually see one, you have to do a double take. I've actually only seen one player with one the entire time I've been playing. In my opinion, SE has already adjusted many of the things that would completely prevent someone from ever obtaining one. Alexandrite now drops from Nyzul uncharted region, you can enter Odin's chamber every time you do Einerjar (meaning you get more ichor than before) which were two of the major barriers to obtaining one.

I think when we already have Empyreans and Relics, which are challenging, but not impossible to obtain, I think just the idea of the existence of the Mythic weapons is what makes them so legendary... even moreso than their actual stats.
    (1)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Empyreans = I have fun playing and don't have oddles of time to sink into the game

Relic's = I love the game a lot and wanted something that made a statement about how much I enjoy it.

Mythic = I've have way too much time on my hands, my GF left me, I haven't seen my family or sunlight out side of work in year's and I really really want every one to know how much I love this game and how much better I am at it over every one else.

P.S Empyreans weapon user are all noob's
    (12)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast