Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Alistaire
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Make alexandrites mineable! (not really a serious suggestion, but they are precious stones, so the idea works in theory)
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    I don't think the tag limit should be removed, it's as lenient as Dynamis, one tag per day. I don't think NI should take count for them, only ones where you can get assault points should. Maybe a different tag for NI if they still want to use that system.
    There is a difference, though. Dynamis can be done for 2 hours every day, while an assault is at most 30 minutes.

Dynamis was reduced from 3-4 hours every 3 days to 2 hours every day, which is something like twice as much time to spend inside dynamis, while assaults are still the same. Assault rewards (except as a mythic prerequesite) are also less relevant now than the dynamis rewards are. Dynamis still offers sellable currency, and a few all right drops from the neo-dynamis content. From assault, you get... I can't even think of anything that sells well or is worth equipping anymore. Chiv chain, maybe? lol.

Personally, I'd like for us to not need tags at all and just do assaults and old-nyzul as often as we want, but I would probably be satisfied with something like getting assault tags 2-2.5 times as fast.

If SE really wants to keep the assault tags relevant for anything, I suggest they do a hard-mode for the assaults, giving super-assault-points that can be used on new and relevant gear. Assault tags could be used for these, while old assaults would be unrestricted, and a requirement for attempting the hard-mode version of each corresponding assault.
    (2)

What they really should do since they are so hard to get is just increase the damage and fixed some the stats on the mythic weapons so they are super elite and do nothing to the quest lines, so those that have earned them feel justifyed. I would feel bad for the 66 people that worked there butts off, only to see thousands of them. bad enough they made the relics so easy, from the old days. Keep something so people can wish full think or dream or have few hundred linkshell members help them get it .

We do not need ever thing handed to us on a silver platter, but they should make the reward feel special and for the players that got them should feel proud or like a kid in a candy store.
    (0)
    Last edited by sc4500; 07-10-2012 at 11:43 PM.
    A Mind that has been stretched will Never Return to its original Dimension....
    (author unknown)

Character
    Rinza
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by sc4500 View Post
    What they really should do since they are so hard to get is just increase the damage and fixed some the stats on the mythic weapons so they are super elite and do nothing to the quest lines, so those that have earned them feel justifyed. I would feel bad for the 66 people that worked there butts off, only to see thousands of them. bad enough they made the relics so easy, from the old days. Keep something so people can wish full think or dream or have few hundred linkshell members help them get it .

We do not need ever thing handed to us on a silver platter, but they should make the reward feel special and for the players that got them should feel proud or like a kid in a candy store.
    Thinking like this is why the game is dieing. Too many people only wanna think about the uber elite. I keep hearing Tier 1 like its a badge of status. All items, content, and accolades should be available to everyone in the game in this life time. Not everyone is either wealthy, has mom or dad to pay for all their bills, or has a job where they can sit in game all day doing stuff to earn one piece of equipment. The resurgence in the game of new players was because of the new stuff they did to give access to all areas solo or grouped and did not require 8 years of time to do. Nothing in this game should be just for the super elite, no life having, I do nothing but play FFXI all day people.
    (5)

Happy Monday everyone!

We have still been seeing quite a few requests for increased Alexandrite circulation to help facilitate players’ journey towards their mythic weapons.

While Alexandrite can now be obtained in Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey, circulation is increasing, but the volume is not quite there yet. One reason for this is that Salvage activity is much lower now than it was previously. However, as we will be expanding Salvage and revamping it later this year, the amount of Alexandrite in circulation should see a steady increase, so we’d like to ask you all to give us some time until then. Once this is implemented we would like to hear any feedback you have in regards to the amount of Alexandrite in circulation.
    (3)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    The amount in circulation is not the issue. The amount required is.
    (20)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    The amount in circulation is not the issue. The amount required is.
    I don't see how it is?
    If you get Alex quicker/easier, it's about the same as reducing the amount required.
    Except it doesn't screw over people who farmed 30k nearly as much.

They already said before they weren't ever changing the requirement, just changing the methods of acquiring.
    (5)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    While Alexandrite can now be obtained in Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey, circulation is increasing, but the volume is not quite there yet.
    If the standard for circulation is what was happening two days before Neo-Nyzul Isle was released, of course circulation looks better now.

This way of thinking is akin to newly homeless man cheerfully commenting, "Now that my house is no longer on fire, it is not actively trying to kill me, but the burnt husk still provides little protection from things such as heavy rain, opportunistic thieves, or hungry bears!" then doing a happy little dance.

Things are more grim than "not quite there".
    (22)
    Last edited by SpankWustler; 07-24-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    I don't see how it is?
    If you get Alex quicker/easier, it's about the same as reducing the amount required.
    There is a difference. If there's more in circulation, but the same amount is required the value of each single piece will drop, meaning there'll be less incentive to farm them. Meaning there won't be nearly as many sold and all of them will have to be farmed. It will hurt the supply for Alex a lot. It would only help people who can get enough other members to do the new Salvage with. For people to farm and sell them they'll have to be worth money. And if people can't make decent money off of them, they won't farm them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    They already said before they weren't ever changing the requirement, just changing the methods of acquiring.
    I must have missed that, but don't remember that statement.
    (3)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Player
    I love back in 2006 when they said Mythics would be the casual-player's alternative to Relic weapons.
    (31)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast