Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Cowardlybabooon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xantavia View Post
    I don't think anybody longs for the lower xp rate at all. Instead, it was more the co-operation of the party to kill a mob. Now, it seems that half of the alliance is leeching xp (either trying to hide or by arrangement with the leader) and everybody else is soloing mobs. Personally, it doesn't feel like a party at all, just a group of soloers that happen to be teamed up. And yet, while leveling thf, people still moved out of the way when I attempted to trick attack, so that part is the same.
    This absolutely. Keep the insane xp but bring back the party. I think mobs with lots of HP that hit like a truck and give 1500xp each could work.
    (0)

Character
    Kuvo
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Don't get me wrong I really did like old school leveling and the need for "almost" every job out there but times have changed and it's change that people are affraid of. I would like instead of bringing back the old ways maybe some new systems where all jobs can be used without segregation. Develop content that is lvl 75+ cap or even something like 90+ cap were get added benefits from skillchains and all the old style play but not as limited in choice. Either way there is no going back now like so many ppl pointed out already. Setting a cap at 75 would have been good when aby first came out but now is way to late.
    (0)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I don't think anybody longs for the lower xp rate at all. Instead, it was more the co-operation of the party to kill a mob. Now, it seems that half of the alliance is leeching xp (either trying to hide or by arrangement with the leader) and everybody else is soloing mobs. Personally, it doesn't feel like a party at all, just a group of soloers that happen to be teamed up. And yet, while leveling thf, people still moved out of the way when I attempted to trick attack, so that part is the same.
    Kick the leechers problem solved.
    (0)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowardlybabooon View Post
    This absolutely. Keep the insane xp but bring back the party. I think mobs with lots of HP that hit like a truck and give 1500xp each could work.
    You'd level so fast the party wouldn't last that long anyway better off just joining a abyssea alliance.
    (0)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuvo View Post
    Don't get me wrong I really did like old school leveling and the need for "almost" every job out there but times have changed and it's change that people are affraid of. I would like instead of bringing back the old ways maybe some new systems where all jobs can be used without segregation. Develop content that is lvl 75+ cap or even something like 90+ cap were get added benefits from skillchains and all the old style play but not as limited in choice. Either way there is no going back now like so many ppl pointed out already. Setting a cap at 75 would have been good when aby first came out but now is way to late.
    I guess you have never done VW...
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowardlybabooon View Post
    Level synced VW, make it happen SE.
    (1)

People trying to leech in parties is nothing new. People tried it all the time before the days of Abyssea, the difference is that back then people had less qualms about actually kicking the person who was not contributing and getting a replacement.

Also, people didn't cooperate before Abyssea; I was convinced when I got THF to level 15 that the sound of Sneak Attack unconsciously makes people run circles around the mob, and this was in the CoP times. Ask any BLU that leveled the job the old-fashioned way if they think that the sound of Chain Affinity unconsciously makes melees hold onto their TP and use it to ruin the BLU's skillchains- I am sure that most would agree. This is an example of people wearing their Nostalgia Goggles, the "good old days" were rarely as good as people like to think they were.
    (4)

Character
    Kuvo
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by svengalis View Post
    I guess you have never done VW...
    Oh didn't know VW was a system for leveling and EXP. As other endgame content you would be right but as for what i was saying is for normal exp leveling party situations. Endgame is endgame. I highly doubt anyone got a party together to go level up on Genbu.
    (1)

Character
    Caspin
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Nostalgia moments more than likely gone forever... Remember leveling Black Mage just so I could do some great Mega burst damage on Skillchains... Fun Times gone but not forgotten.
    (0)
    We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Caspin View Post
    Nostalgia moments more than likely gone forever... Remember leveling Black Mage just so I could do some great Mega burst damage on Skillchains... Fun Times gone but not forgotten.
    Yes the Dying art of the Skillchain + Magic Burst. Would be nice to see the system revitalized.
    (0)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast