Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Komori View Post
    I don't think people realize that outside of abyssea, with chains and exp rings so commonplace now. One can get 1k EXP off of one mob kill once the chain builds, upward of 2k at a certain point.

My LS has recently taken to doing old-school parties for the fun and walk down memory lane. Jumped from 12 to 35 still in just one night. All the way to 50 and 60 in another day; now they're getting together AF.
    When you can do this AFK it'll be useful. But when you can pay to stand around doing nothing, get the money back in cruor, and then cap skills in a shorter time than it'd take you to level otherwise it will never be done by the majority.
    (2)

Character
    Randwolf
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    This ^.

Besides, upping the minimum level to enter abyssea now, almost 2 years after it was first released, is indeed like shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted, like someone else so eloquently put it in another thread.
    I admire your ability to quote very intelligent people
    (2)
    All Jobs 99
    GS 54, BS 50, Alch 60, Bone 57, WW 60, Cloth 53, Cook 60, LC 60, Fish 51
    Playing Since NA PS2 Release

Character
    Nyheen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Komori View Post
    I don't think people realize that outside of abyssea, with chains and exp rings so commonplace now. One can get 1k EXP off of one mob kill once the chain builds, upward of 2k at a certain point.

My LS has recently taken to doing old-school parties for the fun and walk down memory lane. Jumped from 12 to 35 still in just one night. All the way to 50 and 60 in another day; now they're getting together AF.
    this is what iam talking about. would be nice if people stop leeching/afking so it can be more pts going on in them camp area again. miss seeing 10-70+ camps all over the places
    (0)

Character
    Cowardlybabooon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Would make empys pretty hard to get. They could just adjust experience rates instead.
    (0)

Character
    Starskyy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    if they add back a old school grind to this game that would be the nail in the coffin for me for sure. I still have nightmares about the climb to 75 in 2003/4 it wasn't fun or useful at all the game is totally different at endgame if you can't figure that out by now you need a doctor.
    (4)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    If you appreciate old school grind's here's what you do.

Go to Jueno, shout for member's for an old school ls and see how many ppl ask for pearl's. My guess you'll get a few people. Now I'm willing to bet most of those ppl that join have half there job's burn up to 99 already. Because of that you start losing member's early because key job's have already been level for group support and no one wants to gimp down for the sake of the party so others can level. Next, while the shell is grinding away hard everyday trying to get up to 99, every one else will be knee deep in end game content that will probably cut your attendance in half when your so call old schooler's cut out of your 6 to 12 hour grind party to go join them. You'll lose even more when there's not enough ppl to put a complete party together when other's have time. And even more will leave because the other guy's left and there's no one left to talk too.

Anyways no one would want the old school grind cram down their throat because some one else is all nostalgic. Please take this idea and bury it under a rock.

Thank you.
    (7)
    Last edited by tyrantsyn; 07-06-2012 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HimuraKenshyn View Post
    if they add back a old school grind to this game that would be the nail in the coffin for me for sure. I still have nightmares about the climb to 75 in 2003/4 it wasn't fun or useful at all the game is totally different at endgame if you can't figure that out by now you need a doctor.
    Amen.

Really, how many people who long for the "good old days" actually experienced them? I mean the 5k per hour, over a million XP to get to level 75, XPing in KRT or Moon "good old days". People who leveled before colibri parties and level sync didn't actually know how to play their job better, there were plenty of Red Mages full-timing Wise gear, people with terrible weapons, people with under-leveled or useless sub jobs, people who refused to use macros to swap gear for weapon skills, mages that didn't have all of their spells, etc. None of this is new, the only difference is that now people aren't limited to not knowing how to play one job, they have the freedom to now know how to play 5 or 10 or 20 jobs.
    (4)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystal View Post
    Can anyone confirm this?
    Starting your own rumor doesn't mean it's going to circulate.
    (12)

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    Starting your own rumor doesn't mean it's going to circulate.
    bumped for truth
    (1)

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    Amen.

Really, how many people who long for the "good old days" actually experienced them? I mean the 5k per hour, over a million XP to get to level 75, XPing in KRT or Moon "good old days". People who leveled before colibri parties and level sync didn't actually know how to play their job better, there were plenty of Red Mages full-timing Wise gear, people with terrible weapons, people with under-leveled or useless sub jobs, people who refused to use macros to swap gear for weapon skills, mages that didn't have all of their spells, etc. None of this is new, the only difference is that now people aren't limited to not knowing how to play one job, they have the freedom to now know how to play 5 or 10 or 20 jobs.
    I don't think anybody longs for the lower xp rate at all. Instead, it was more the co-operation of the party to kill a mob. Now, it seems that half of the alliance is leeching xp (either trying to hide or by arrangement with the leader) and everybody else is soloing mobs. Personally, it doesn't feel like a party at all, just a group of soloers that happen to be teamed up. And yet, while leveling thf, people still moved out of the way when I attempted to trick attack, so that part is the same.
    (4)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast