Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

[dev1053] dungeon crawl system

any new news about this? im not sure if anything was said bout this at vanafest or not ..
    (0)

It just so happens, that I do have news to share!

I think this is something that everyone has been super curious about and wondering what this system is going to entail. We were hoping to be able to implement a part of this new dungeon content on the test server this week, but unfortunately there were tiny adjustments and other things that still need to be made, so we will have to put it off for just a bit.

BUT! In the meantime, I would like to give an overview and explanation of the content that is to come!

We are calling this content “Meeble Burrows” (the name is not fully localized as of yet!), imagining it as a whole bunch of mole holes (lol). To serve as a dungeon guide, we are introducing this new type of mole beastmen – meebles.

You will also encounter them as enemies.

Participation requirements
    • Participants: 3-6 players
    • Level restriction: none
    • Time limit: 15 minutes
    Each time you participate, a temporarily issued key item ticket will be consumed. It will be very close to Assault Imperial Army I.D. tags.

Overview
    • There will be various dungeons, each with a set of clear requirements.
    • Once a dungeon is cleared, you can receive support effects.
    • Dungeons have multiple connections and it will be possible to select your route as you proceed.
    • The objective is to ultimately reach the boss and defeat it.

Rewards
    • Upon clearing a dungeon, you will receive points based on the difficulty.
    • It will be possible to exchange these points for items.
    • As you progress further in this dungeon content, the variety of items available for exchange will increase.

There will be different levels for the requirements to clear dungeons. So for example, if it is a requirement that is based on defeating monsters, there would be “defeat 3 monsters”, “defeat 5 monsters”, “defeat all monsters” and you can proceed to different dungeons by clearing these requirements based on the amount of participants and fire-power you have. (By fulfilling the requirements for the higher levels, you will be able to obtain more reward points.)

Additionally, by clearing dungeons the support effect you receive can be carried over into the next dungeon, making it so you can stack them. With that said, if you have the confidence, you can take the shortest route to the boss or if you want to play a bit more solid and safe, you can clear a number of dungeons stacking up effects and then finally challenge the boss.

The core idea behind this is to be able to challenge fun and exciting content in a short amount of time, and to reach a wide range of players so that they can have a good time. We plan on spending time adjusting this content based on your feedback once it is implemented on the test server, so please look forward to trying it out!
    (37)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    "The hands of darkness prevent you from entering"
    (18)

Character
    Gannon
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    A 15 minute time limit sounds way too short to me.
    (9)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    3-6 people is the best thing I've read about this, and those moles are just cool looking.

Fingers crossed for decent items.
    (6)

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    "The hands of darkness prevent you from entering"
    oh god no.
    (1)

I'm hoping they make this more than just a "Gear up 4-5 Relic DD, and 1-2 SCH's for Embrava, and Zerg rush everything...

But the Negative Nancy inside of me says... multiple rooms, objectives, a boss, and only 15 minute time limit? I'm scared it'll be Neo-Nyzul again :| - Only 2-3 Jobs preferred and SCH required.

*Ahem* Negativity aside:

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE !! - Really, Its nice to know about this system, and what to expect. It seems like it could be quite fun. Quick question, How often will you be able to enter?

Also...

Multiple Objectives That provide small buffs
    Option to go straight to boss
    Big boss at end...

Sounds like a little of what i asked for here:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...-the-Expansion.

Coincidental? YES! but happy thoughts
    (10)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 07-14-2012 at 04:22 AM.

Character
    Atoreis
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    - Low man
    - no luck involved but only skill
    - Difficulty based on your own decisions (faster or safer)
    - Items for points not based on luck

Pretty Epic on paper.
    (15)

Character
    Twille
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Sounds too much like Assault to me with the 3 man requirement. Allow us to enter solo and i'll be happy.
    (7)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    3-6 people is the best thing I've read about this, and those moles are just cool looking.
    Sadly, it's probably the worst I've read about it. I was hoping for something similar to old Dynamis, where an entire LS would have to make progress through a dungeon, possibly tiered and stretched over several weeks. And while a lowman event is not bad either, I really don't see a point in a minimum requirement for participants. Why not be able to solo or duo? It's gonna end up the same as Assaults and Salvage.
    (1)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast