Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can we get a barber npc?

I think it would be nice to have a barber npc that could change your characters hairstyle for a fee maybe 10k gil. It would be fun to change your hairstyle instead of being stuck with the same look all the time. This wouldn't be that hard to add would it?
    (12)

Character
    Mifaco
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    The memory requirements would be astronomical!
    (0)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    +10. I want a mohawk.

This game wouldn't have lasted 2 months for me if it had been like other FFs and not updated your character appearance with gear changes. As soon as I saw the pimp hat I was hooked for life. If they went the next step and allowed me to customize my appearance like Skyrim/Saints Row I'd be stuck on this crap for years and years.
    (2)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    This barber need to be able to pull teeth and preform blood lettings, so it'll be old timey enough to be compatible with the PS2.
    (5)

If PS2 is a problem, why not just have the hairstyle changes be reflected on the PC and 360 clients, while showing default hairstyles for PS2 clients?
    (0)

Character
    Nakts
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Apply the leeches, this Galka needs new hair.
    (0)

No they would rather have us all run around the game all the time with are head chop off, but if wasnt for wiki or xbox live friends lists members ,
    This game would been dead along time ago (anyone on a voice chat mmo or xbox live just ask a friend what they heard about this or ff14) ,
    It shouldn't be that hard to program a barber shop even if cost one real dollar or 100 crystals most mmos since 2002 been able do it on a system weaker then the ps2.
    The problem is the game ps2 limits with alot stuff no one ever uses anymore and there really good cutscenes and at times square running this game with family members instead using people inside there company that got these ideas that work like abyssea, not the time sink stuff, or there not going out getting people that know a thing or two on mmos with stuff that works instead just wasting are money. but im guilty still paying because i like playing games on console 360 now instead of a pc, tired my pc not being stable. plus on my pc i rather spend the 400$+ bucks a year on free to play mmo were there adding stuff all the time and fixing stuff every day with out interruptions.
    (0)
    A Mind that has been stretched will Never Return to its original Dimension....
    (author unknown)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    I think it would be nice to have a barber npc that could change your characters hairstyle for a fee maybe 10k gil. It would be fun to change your hairstyle instead of being stuck with the same look all the time. This wouldn't be that hard to add would it?
    Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!

It shouldn't be too hard, especially if they let us use the hairstyles already in the game. Also, I'd like for them to give us the option to change the hair color. So, for example, my blonde pig tailed Elvaan could have black hair.
    (0)

Character
    Bechyne
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I don't see this being that big of an issue if they implemented the option to choose different styles already in the game. Other than that I see no chance of it being fully customizable.
    (1)

The only thing about the hairstyles is that...they're quite tied to the face choice, mostly because faces do not have just textures applied to the model but actual different shapes for each model, so each texture map is designed to fit only that kind of face.
    That, plus the fact that the hair root is as well tied to the head and it's not likely to change.

Then again I created a topic a long time ago about Race/Face Change program, not in-game, perhaps paid and it has been completely ignored by SE and SE Mods anyways, though it did receive a small tad of players attention.

Of course as many have said, with the PS2 Limitations this game hasn't flourished the way it could have, but we're still hoping for a change, perhaps a general re-texturing or update for the old models of 10 years ago with the advent of Seekers of Adoulin, it wouldn't be a bad idea, after all Warcraft is updating its own with the coming of their new expansion as well, not to make a comparison, but we wouldn't be sailing in stormy waters if we took that step as well, just please more and more people.
    (4)
    "Overcoming pleasure...".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast