Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Job trait enfeebling master

Enfeebling Magic job trait for Rdm

Please give rdm this job trait SE, it would be similiar to thief where they get enhanced evasion job trait so that there evasion stands out among all jobs. This is needed for rdm bvecause, even with the re-make of enfeebling, rdm's rank is only slightly better than other jobs. And lets face it, there's a ton of enfeebling gear out for all mage jobs. If rdm is the primo enfeebler, having +15-20 skill over the competetion is not worth bringing a rdm. Please give rdm this job trait which gives rdm enhanced enfeebling. Perhaps it can increase the proc rate of enfeebling magic effects on a mob, or its like blm's native magic attack bonus trait, where it gives a specific amount of enfeebling magic skill/potency plus the job's superior rank.
    (7)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 06-29-2012 at 08:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned4FFxi View Post
    Please give rdm this job trait, it would be similiar to thief where they get enhanced evasion job trait so that there evasion stands out among all jobs. This is needed for rdm bvecause, even with the re-make of enfeebling, rdm's rank is only slightly better than other jobs. And lets face it, there's a ton of enfeebling gear out for all mage jobs. If rdm is the primo enfeebler, having +15 skill over the competetion is not worth bringing a rdm. Please give rdm this job trait which gives rdm enhanced enfeebling. Perhaps it can increase the proc rate of enfeebling magic, or its like blm's native magic attack bonus rait, where it gives a specific amount of enfeebling magic skill plus the job's superior rank.
    change enfeebling magic to magic accuracy
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Magic Accuracy traits would only really help nuking. The resistance system is tiered, with lower duration being the resolute of a "miss". Though the jury's still out on paralyze due to how utterly random it is.

If you had a Magic Hit Rate of 50%, then you'd still have land rate of 90%+ on most enfeebles. It's only when your hit rate starts hitting 25~30% that you see lots of resists. And once it's floored at 5% that is when things appear to be highly resistant. Basically you can either land it or you can't, very little in between.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I'd like something along these lines for RDM. SE could do it through a job trait, or simply by setting the new enfeebling magic adjustments to greatly favor a capped A+ skill.

I have nothing against WHM, BLM and SCH - I enjoy playing them often. But that's exactly the point. I don't lack a reason to play those jobs. WHM and BLM are obvious and SCH and SMN have their niches with Embrava and PD. People may not like those but it gets me through the door on those jobs.

RDM, on the other hand, has no real place in parties. I don't know if enfeebling mastery without resistances would fix that. But, in my opinion, it's better than making an adjustment that equally benefits jobs that really need nothing right now and a job that needs something.

I still think RDM needs more practical enfeebles like many people have suggested. But if we're going to have resistances worked on for an unspecified amount of time, meaning it will likely end up to be years before new RDM enfeebles are ever introduced, I'd at least like the new resistance system to give RDM a big edge in that one lone department.
    (3)

Take care with the nomenclature. Observing the pattern of other "mastery" traits, an "Enfeebling Mastery" would wind up granting TP for landed enfeebles--though I don't know if that would be horribly bad.

RDM being what it is, continually pressing for enfeebling specialty is perhaps a bit desperate. While we sport the highest skill, RDM hasn't always had the most powerful enfeebles. Until the merit spells, NIN and BRD sported tier 2 equivalents of slow, blind, and paralyze, and until Addle, nothing we possessed was particularly unique. Indeed, RDM doesn't even boast a broad range of enfeebles; BLU has more diverse enfeebling than RDM does. To sum it up, RDM never really excelled at enfeebling, we shouldn't pretend that's the case now.

Job mechanics aside, RDM's current salient dilemma is lack of gameplay to accommodate it's skill set. Protracted melee combat, individual action, extensive buffing and enfeebling--functionally, RDM stands out most in events similar to Campaign or Bastion. Walk of Echoes had potential, but the devs made it into this poor mesh of individual and party play, which turned out more of a mess.

The players have the option of begging the devs to change RDM into something it's not in order to fit current popular events, or we can request that they introduce events where the job's powers can be brought to bear.
    (1)

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Magic Accuracy traits would only really help nuking. The resistance system is tiered, with lower duration being the resolute of a "miss". Though the jury's still out on paralyze due to how utterly random it is.

If you had a Magic Hit Rate of 50%, then you'd still have land rate of 90%+ on most enfeebles. It's only when your hit rate starts hitting 25~30% that you see lots of resists. And once it's floored at 5% that is when things appear to be highly resistant. Basically you can either land it or you can't, very little in between.
    Correction: Player-spell Paralyze. Everyone knows monster-spell Paralyze is a 90% proc rate :P
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    A suggestion...

RDM JA
    That nullifies or greatly reduces enemy elemental and enfeebling resistances for the next spell.

(which would not be broken, if we look to Manawell as a reference that it allows the BLM to cast a spell that does not consume MP for the next spell.)

and also give RDM like Impaction or something, why not.

Just a suggestion because I like seeing posts like this that are not asking for DD things but really going for that enfeebling side of RDM!
    (1)

99 BLU,PLD,SCH,RNG,NIN,BST,SMN,THF,BLM,WHM... Any questions..?

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuro View Post
    Just a suggestion because I like seeing posts like this that are not asking for DD things but really going for that enfeebling side of RDM!
    Eh, melee is forbidden to talk about, enfeebling was brought up many times by SE so RDMs rise to the chance to voice their opinion about it being worked on. I'm sure if somewhere in the roadmap it said something about reworking WSs possibly including RDM, and making 1 handers do more damage then RDM forums would have DD threads popping up.
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Eh, melee is forbidden to talk about, enfeebling was brought up many times by SE so RDMs rise to the chance to voice their opinion about it being worked on. I'm sure if somewhere in the roadmap it said something about reworking WSs possibly including RDM, and making 1 handers do more damage then RDM forums would have DD threads popping up.
    Was supposed to be re-working WS but that'll probably be another year or two before it's even mentioned again.
    (1)

Player
    Yeah I remember someone saying something about it before, thats why it came to mind. Funny thing is that by the time they do it most RDMs wont care I'm sure, either we will all have Almace/Excalibur for a good WS or we just don't melee because were never allowed. Would still be nice either way, perhaps when I goto abyssea with my friends I wouldn't have to tell them everytime that RLB & Seraph don't goto RDM so I cant actually proc.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast