Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Helel View Post
    Seriously? The camera faces the same direction that it was facing inside the mog house. If you face the camera toward the door when you exit, then it will be facing away from the mog house entrance (i.e. you run forward you run away). If you face the opposite direction when you exit, then your camera will face the mog house entrance. The same is true for every zone in the game.
    I sometimes do get randomly turned around after I zone, particularly when I'm fleeing from Ru'lude to Port Jeuno. I've gotten into the habit of switching to First Person view when fleeing through a zone to make sure I am looking the right direction on the other side.
    (2)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Helel View Post
    Seriously? The camera faces the same direction that it was facing inside the mog house. If you face the camera toward the door when you exit, then it will be facing away from the mog house entrance (i.e. you run forward you run away). If you face the opposite direction when you exit, then your camera will face the mog house entrance. The same is true for every zone in the game.
    Not sure about the 50% that Monchat is quoting. To me it's 99% chance of facing the wrong way if you exit a windurst mog house, 1% for any other mog house. It is most certainly NOT because my camera is always facing the wrong way inside the windurst mog houses.
    (1)

Character
    Zerius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I don't think collision needs to be turned off all of the time but as a THF I feel like I would greatly benefit from collision being turned off during battle. Having to run through/around 3 or 4 people isn't that bad but if you're doing VW or HNMs or anything that requires larger groups of people it can start to be a pain to have to move around that many people especially with the lag.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Have you ever been running back to your mog house in Port Jeuno only to be greeted by a character wall that prevented you from getting home on time?

Well good news! During the upcoming test server update we will be making it so if a character remains motionless for more than 10 seconds, their collision detection will be removed, enabling you to run right by. This should hopefully make moving around crowded places where players are AFK much easier.
    Another issue that might need addressing somehow too, is the ability to target people in these mass groups. The client can't seem to distinguish between charactars sharing the same coordinates. Which means all these idgets with bazaars up that are clumped together at the zoneline may not be getting any customers.

Just experienced this in TAU when I warped in from Bastok. 4 Characters were standing at the landing point and I could only target one of them with the controls. The only way to target the others was to use the /target "name" command to hit each one of them.

So, please, if you are plopping down to bazaar.....move your character off to the side for heaven's sake.
    (3)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIST View Post
    Another issue that might need addressing somehow too, is the ability to target people in these mass groups. The client can't seem to distinguish between charactars sharing the same coordinates. Which means all these idgets with bazaars up that are clumped together at the zoneline may not be getting any customers.

Just experienced this in TAU when I warped in from Bastok. 4 Characters were standing at the landing point and I could only target one of them with the controls. The only way to target the others was to use the /target "name" command to hit each one of them.

So, please, if you are plopping down to bazaar.....move your character off to the side for heaven's sake.
    Easiest solution is to make it a random spawn outside the mog house area.
    (0)

Just in case you hop on the test server to try out the player collision adjustments and find there is no one idle that you can run through, fear not! Mocchi from the Community Team in Japan has been kind enough to place a character near Joachim in Port Jeuno so that players can run through him all day long

(17)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

GM's ranking up their playtime leaving their "systems" on at work.
    (5)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

><)))°€

Have you ever been running back to your mog house in Port Jeuno only to be greeted by a character wall that prevented you from getting home on time?
    Not really, since my Mog House is in Bastok. ^^

I rarely go to Jeuno at all, but that's not the point, obviously. I do know what this is all about, and it's been an annoyance a few times to me as well. That said, this does seem like a nice addition, even if it will not affect me and myself much at all.

Something similar that is more annoying to me, is when something uses 'draw-in', locking me for a time to the spot with the monster and/or other player characters. I wonder if something similar to what will be done with the Nyzul Isle Investigation could be done here as well, where the characters would not appear at the exact same spot the monster is...
    (1)
    ...or so the legend says.

Player
    Just in case you hop on the test server to try out the player collision adjustments and find there is no one idle that you can run through, fear not! Mocchi from the Community Team in Japan has been kind enough to place a character near Joachim in Port Jeuno so that players can run through him all day long
    I'd like to report Mocchi for breaking GM dress code protocol, and haxxing up his bazaar to make the items unpurchasable.
    (7)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

Kaisha,

Perhaps he/she\other can not hold any more. ^^;
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast