Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Character
    Zerichtwo
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

are there actual people who would vote for the latter?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    On the test server, if a character does not move for 30 seconds, their collision will be removed. This served as the base of our idea, but we realized there was some feedback that was against this. With that said, we would like to hear you feedback so we can make a decision on how to address this new system.
    I just scanned through the test server feedback, and test server bugs posts and I don't see a single mention of this anywhere. Could you please enlighten us as to what the problems are? People are blindly choosing #1 without access to this info, but if the problems were things like after going AFK for more than 30 seconds, POL crashes when you try to move again... then no thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Please choose from the following options:
    1. Implement the collision settings that are currently on the Test Server and continue to make adjustments as necessary based on feedback post-implementation.
    2. Keep it as is and do not implement it in the next version update.

If everyone feels there is no need to rush, option 2 would make it possible to make careful adjustments, including different plans. However, this would ultimately make the players who wanted these adjustments to wait for a while since the priority would drop a bit due to the backlog of other requested client adjustments.

Please let us know which you prefer!
    What other adjustments are being asked for, or planned? It seems ridiculous to ask without even a notion of what the plans are.

With that said, this only ever seems to be a problem for me if running from the guidestone (after browsing bazaars) to the mog house as running from a distance of over 50' away means the characters are still loading as I run by and it's easy to navigate around them.
    (1)

Player
    #1 please, thank you.
    (0)

Player
    #1 please. No further delays.

Running around Port Jeuno is incredibly annoying as it is right now.
    (0)

Character
    Starskyy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I like to move 30 secs is tons better than it is now implement it asap lol.
    (0)

Character
    Vivik
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I vote to remove it completely. There is no reason for it.
    (1)
    Vivik- Asura
    Do you know who you really are? Are you sure it’s really you?

Character
    Suteru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    #1, make it a couple of minutes though.

After playing FFXIV, everything feels so empty there when I can just walk through everything.
    (0)

Number 1.

I have to agree I don't see any drawbacks to removing collision entirely, especially since I've seen no objections with actual examples of why it would be a bad idea. Besides if immersion is such a concern, then remove collision only in the most congested areas -- Jeuno and maybe Whitegate at the least -- and keep it everywhere else. This is basically a quality of life adjustment anyway and shouldn't require months of deliberations.

And on that note, what's the problem with adding this 30 second adjustment and then, if it doesn't work or a better idea comes along, adjusting it again? Why the need to postpone it entirely if you have other ideas and they're simply not ready yet? If there is a part of the player base that genuinely doesn't want this for whatever fathomable reason, then code in a toggle into the config if such a thing is possible. Both sides win.
    (0)

Character
    Nawesemo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    /sigh 1.

but what about the blm's ; ;
    (0)
    In our wake will be smoke fire and burnt charred remains of those that have fell before us, We will not remember their names, as they are no more, the next challenge, the next horizon is what we strive for and Demand it be met with Ferocity, We Grin at the Possibility of death, Fear no Mob that walks Vana'diel or it's Realms, there is no tomorrow, there is only now, For pride, for honor, for Glory We are The Knights of Pegasus.

Player
    30 seconds is too long. No reason it can't be 5-10 seconds in town.

Same goes for logging out. Why do I have to have a 30 second wait in a friendly area? Anyways, my vote for #1.
    (2)

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast